PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: 46% of Palin Supporters Might Back Third-Party if she's not nominated

qh4dotcom
01-31-2011, 11:21 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2011/46_of_gop_primary_voters_who_favor_palin_might_bac k_third_party_option_if_she_isn_t_nominated

Good news for the LP?

Tancredo proved it's possible to get 37% as a 3rd party candidate.

RonPaulFanInGA
02-01-2011, 12:15 AM
These polls always exist every cycle and never come to fruition.

A lot of people say "if my candidate isn't nominated, I'm leaving this party" and never follow through.

qh4dotcom
02-01-2011, 12:17 AM

A lot of people say "if my candidate isn't nominated, I'm leaving this party" and never follow through.

True, I remember a poll after Obama got nominated that said 25% of Hillary's supporters claimed they would not vote for him...and 89% of them did, 11% did not according to a CNN exit poll.

Also I wonder what they will do if their dear beloved Sarah endorses the Republican nominee

RonPaulFanInGA
02-01-2011, 12:21 AM
Also I wonder what they will do if their dear beloved Sarah endorses the Republican nominee

Sarah Palin endorsing Mitt Romney for President in the general election would be funny just for their reaction. A lot of them freaked when St. Sarah supported John McCain over J.D. Hayworth.

Kregisen
02-01-2011, 01:36 AM
Sarah Palin endorsing Mitt Romney for President in the general election would be funny just for their reaction. A lot of them freaked when St. Sarah supported John McCain over J.D. Hayworth.

Hayworth isn't even better than McCain. The officially tea-party backed candidate was Jim Deakin, and he only got like 15% of the vote.

It speaks millions about Sarah's principles though....who needs to stand up for what's right when you can just support the candidate who chose you last election? Fuck her.

erowe1
02-01-2011, 08:34 AM
This is funny. What do these people think Palin stands for? They're saying they'd vote for some third party candidate who undoubtedly will have significant policy differences from Palin over some Republican like Romney who will undoubtedly agree with her on almost everything.

dean.engelhardt
02-01-2011, 08:42 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2011/46_of_gop_primary_voters_who_favor_palin_might_bac k_third_party_option_if_she_isn_t_nominated

Good news for the LP?

Why would this have any effect on the LP. I don't see the LP supporting her or losing any support from their base.

qh4dotcom
02-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Why would this have any effect on the LP. I don't see the LP supporting her or losing any support from their base.

Well, if the 46% is going to vote for a 3rd party candidate then who else but the LP would get those votes?

anaconda
02-01-2011, 03:44 PM

Good news for the LP?

Tancredo proved it's possible to get 37% as a 3rd party candidate.

Tancredo? Really? When? Where? You're not perhaps thinking of Ross Perot in 1992, are you?

erowe1
02-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Well, if the 46% is going to vote for a 3rd party candidate then who else but the LP would get those votes?

They're bluffing. But if we pretended they weren't, then I assume the CP (the Alaskan affiliate of which used to include Todd Palin as a member) would be more likely to get their votes than the LP.

erowe1
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM
Tancredo? Really? When? Where? You're not perhaps thinking of Ross Perot in 1992, are you?

Where have you been?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_gubernatorial_election,_2010

RyanRSheets
02-01-2011, 04:05 PM

Agreed. They say this now, but wait till the media gets a hold of them and scares them into supporting the "lesser of two evils" to be sure that Obama doesn't get another 4 years.

qh4dotcom
02-01-2011, 04:21 PM

Tancredo ran for governor of Colorado last year as the nominee of the Constitution Party and got 37%...the Republican nominee got 11%

anaconda
02-01-2011, 08:58 PM
Where have you been?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorado_gubernatorial_election,_2010

Thanks. The Governor's race in CO.

anaconda
02-01-2011, 09:01 PM
Let's not forget that Ron can spoil the Republican's bid on the White House with an independent run. Perhaps Palin could as well. I refer to the Obama-Romney-Paul poll from several months ago that has RP taking 13%, mostly from Romney. And that was before the economic fan hitting that's on the horizon.

BlackTerrel
02-01-2011, 09:53 PM
Keyword being "might".