PDA

View Full Version : John Joseph: A Cro-Mag talks about Monsanto and Codex

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2011, 08:12 PM
This guy is a RP supporter...

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/omkara/2010/dec/31/john-joseph-cro-mag-talks-about-monsanto-and-code/

New York- December 31st, 2010- There are some people who really defy the odds, but to say John Joseph is a survivor is an understatement.

A severely traumatic childhood in foster homes led Joseph to the raw, mean streets of NYC in the late 70’s. Violence, hustling, and addiction was the urban landscape with no light at the end of the tunnel.

Joseph found his way into the burgeoning Punk Rock scene and into the association of Washington DC’s iconic Bad Brains which introduced the topics of spirituality and a vegetarian diet to him- from there Joseph went to front one of the most influential and important bands in the hardcore punk scene: The Cro-Mags. With a crafted blend of street politics and eastern philosophy that could never be duplicated, the Cro-Mags became synonymous with hardcore punk.

Joseph chronicled his amazing story in 2007 with his gripping book Evolution of a Cro-Magnum. As a creative and progressive individual, Joseph wasn’t ready to call it quits with just one book though- He decided to take on the modern industrial food system and the downsides of conventional meat and dairy consumption with a new offering in 2010 entitled ::ahem:: Meat is for Pus*ies (further referred to as MIFP). A pull no punches holistic vegan manual that covers nutrition and outlines a basic diet and exercise plan. MIFP also confronts the deep rooted issues within the modern food system and the multi-national food corporations that control it.

As for writing this book, Joseph had this to say about food:

“Food is very important to me because I grew up in a broken home and abusive foster home where it wasn't provided for me and my two brothers. That was the catalyst which affected my entire outlook. I know hands down I would have continued in a life of crime if I didn't meet the Bad Brains and had been introduced to a vegetarian lifestyle. This started a spiritual quest that also led to exercise, yoga and Krishna consciousness. Once I changed what I put in me, it changed my view about myself, taking care of my body, and my outlook on the environment where I lived. You can say it made me a more at peace person, not that I wouldn't run up on you if I had to- ha ha..."

Now what drew the ire of Joseph to have him write and come up with the triple entendre name of the book was the misguided conception that... http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/omkara/2010/dec/31/john-joseph-cro-mag-talks-about-monsanto-and-code/