PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Attends Ceremony For New Israeli Settlement

Agorism
01-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Huckabee Attends Ceremony For New Israeli Settlement

http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/huckisrael.gif

Former Arkansas governor, Fox News personality and likely Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee joined Israeli officials at a ceremony yesterday laying the cornerstone for a new Israeli settlement in occupied East Jerusalem. As he has in the past, Huckabee used the opportunity to slam U.S. policy against settlements, saying:

It is inconceivable in many ways that we would have to even argue and debate whether or not Israelis could live in Israel, not just in parts of Israel but anywhere in Israel they wished to live.

Settlements on land conquered and occupied by Israel in the 1967 war are considered illegal under international law, and U.S. administrations have consistently held that continued settlement construction negatively impacts the prospects for a peace agreement between Israelis and Palestinians.

But, as Huckabee has made clear in the past, he doesn’t believe that the Palestinians have any claim to a state in their homeland, because, according to Huckabee, “there’s no such thing as a Palestinian.” In language that comes dangerously close to advocating ethnic cleansing, Huckabee has also suggested that Palestinians should be forced to find a homeland “elsewhere.”

QueenB4Liberty
01-31-2011, 07:14 PM
I've never liked him.

dannno
01-31-2011, 07:16 PM
What a dick.

Brett85
01-31-2011, 07:19 PM
He's basically just saying that we should get out of the way of Israel's choice to settle in East Jerusalem. Obama was trying to stop Israel from settling in East Jerusalem, which should be considered an act of intervention by people here.

dannno
01-31-2011, 07:22 PM
He's basically just saying that we should get out of the way of Israel's choice to settle in East Jerusalem. Obama was trying to stop Israel from settling in East Jerusalem, which should be considered an act of intervention by people here.

No, he's saying a HELL of a lot more than that.

TheDriver
01-31-2011, 07:24 PM
I don't have a problem with Israel doing what they want, I have a problem funding it.

HOLLYWOOD
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
Like the prostitutes they are to kiss Israel's Ass for their approval to be the "CHOSEN ONE" nominee for the Republicans. This shit is getting ridiculous, it's so blatantly obvious, like a bunch of dogs wanting that bone... Get you Money Masters approval to be selected for the puppet in chief nominee for the GOP.

Huckabee in 2007: ‘There’s No Such Thing as a Palestinian’

http://washingtonindependent.com/55530/huckabee-in-2007-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-palestinian

uilding off former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee’s rejection of a two-state solution for Israel and Palestine (http://washingtonindependent.com/55391/mike-huckabee-is-now-to-the-right-of-hamas-on-israelpalestine), Josh Smilovitz at the Israel Policy Forum finds (http://www.israelpolicyforum.org/blog/huckabee-takes-two-states-plus-theres-no-such-thing-palestinian)video from 2007 (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4460581033388247980&ei=4caKSpfBMJjqqwKpldCYBQ&q=huckabee+in+israel&hl=en) of Huckabee telling a Jewish gathering that those people who think of themselves as Palestinians are really suffering from a false national consciousness.
HUCKABEE: Basically, there really is no such thing as — I have to be careful in saying this, because people will really — but there’s no such thing as a Palestinian.
INTERLOCUTOR: No, that’s true.
HUCKABEE: There’s not.
INTERLOCUTOR #2: Finally, someone said it!
INTERLOCUTOR #2: Before 1948, there was all Arabs who were– you were — you were –
HUCKABEE: You had Arabs and Persians. And there’s such complexity within that. There is really no such thing. That has been a political tool to try to force land away from Israel. What my point is, if that’s the issue, if it’s real estate, if you look at a map, and say here is how much Israel has and here is how much the Arab states hold, there is plenty of land for them to have. Let them take it out of Egypt. Let’s take it out of Syria. Let’em take it out of Jordan. There are plenty of places for this to be. Without sacrificing the Golan Heights, which would be suicide. Suicide.
Do I have the heart to tell Huckabee that the Golan Heights have nothing to do with Palestinian territory? Ah, well, he actually goes on to say he’s been to the Golan and looked down at “Syrian bunkers,” but the conflation is still bizarre. Well, not actually bizarre if you believe that there are simply “Arabs and Persians” between Afghanistan and what’s now Israel and the “complexity” within those categories isn’t worth remarking upon. You would, alas, not be a particularly trustworthy person to consult on Middle Eastern affairs.
It’s amazing: here’s a major political figure, then a candidate for president, as he probably will be again, denying that the Palestinians exist as a nation. He then goes on to argue that Arabs are an undifferentiated mass, and if people care so much about Palestinian statehood, they should just take a chunk out of places that aren’t historic Palestine and give that to them. Hey, they’re all Arabs, so whatever!
If ever anyone started to make dubious historical arguments to deny the historical roots of Zionism — let alone that ludicrous historical assertions undermine the right of Israelis to live in their own state — as a plot against the Arabs, he would be run out of the political discourse. In this country, he gets a Fox News TV show and a shot at the GOP presidential nomination.

dannno
01-31-2011, 07:25 PM
He's saying that Jews should be able to live wherever they want, but Palestinians, which don't exist, have to live behind a fucking fence, are slaughtered at about 100 times the rate as Jews, are occupied militarily and have blockades against receiving food and medicine...

He's saying those people behind the fence, who don't exist, should find a new home. What a douchebag.

dannno
01-31-2011, 07:26 PM
I don't have a problem with Israel doing what they want, I have a problem funding it.

So I guess you don't have a problem with Iran nuking Israel, then, either.

This is what happens when you fuck people over, they try to fuck you over back.

I'm not going to physically stop Israel from pulling this crap, but I'm not going to stop Iran from nuking the shit out of them either.. not that there is evidence they have nukes, but they could still attack them. that doesn't mean I agree with any of it, but you have to be realistic when talking about this stuff.

QueenB4Liberty
01-31-2011, 07:27 PM
Back in 2007

Huckabee in 2007: ‘There’s No Such Thing as a Palestinian’

http://washingtonindependent.com/55530/huckabee-in-2007-theres-no-such-thing-as-a-palestinian

*bites tongue*

I guess it depends on who you ask. The maps I had to learn when I was taking Arabic in college didn't even have Israel on it. It was Palestine.

Brett85
01-31-2011, 07:27 PM
No, he's saying a HELL of a lot more than that.

I don't think so. He said this:

"As he has in the past, Huckabee used the opportunity to slam U.S. policy against settlements, saying:" "It is inconceivable in many ways that we would have to even argue and debate whether or not Israelis could live in Israel, not just in parts of Israel but anywhere in Israel they wished to live."

He's criticizing our government for interfering in Israel's quest to settle in East Jerusalem. Rand has said much the same thing as well. It seems like a non interventionist position to say that we shouldn't stop Israel from settling in East Jerusalem.

Brett85
01-31-2011, 07:29 PM

Same with me. I just take a neutral position that we shouldn't give foreign aid to Israel or any other country. But we shouldn't tell Israel what they can and can't do. That would be intervention.

dannno
01-31-2011, 07:33 PM
I don't think so. He said this:

He's also said this:

But, as Huckabee has made clear in the past, he doesn’t believe that the Palestinians have any claim to a state in their homeland, because, according to Huckabee, “there’s no such thing as a Palestinian.” In language that comes dangerously close to advocating ethnic cleansing, Huckabee has also suggested that Palestinians should be forced to find a homeland “elsewhere.”

HOLLYWOOD
01-31-2011, 07:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZw7dBZFCVM
He's saying that Jews should be able to live wherever they want, but Palestinians, which don't exist, have to live behind a fucking fence, are slaughtered at about 100 times the rate as Jews, are occupied militarily and have blockades against receiving food and medicine...

He's saying those people behind the fence, who don't exist, should find a new home. What a douchebag.

Well, checkout this segway YouTube: there's 3 parts and recommended to watch all of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZw7dBZFCVM

Brett85
01-31-2011, 07:35 PM
He's also said this:

Forced by who? If he's saying that it's something that we should be in the middle of then I disagree with that.

amy31416
01-31-2011, 07:40 PM
Forced by who? If he's saying that it's something that we should be in the middle of then I disagree with that.

It's something he's put himself in the middle of--that's intervention if you ask me. Betcha he's also fond of us aiding Israel militarily and otherwise.

Just as I took the side of the Jews in studying history in WWII, I take the side of the Palestinians now. Problem is, if I were to donate or try to help them, it's quite possible that I could be labelled as a terrorist by my own government.

puppetmaster
01-31-2011, 08:28 PM
The silence from Israel is strange in regards to this Egypt issue. They sit back and leak "we are so scared" to the MSM. The Israeli Government is one of the most evil institutions in todays world. I know it sounds crazy but I think this whole ordeal will come out to their favor and they know it. I am sure they are sitting back watching and orchestrating alongside others these events that are taking place right now. Huckster knows this is the play of the century.

I heard that Google has a way for the Egyptians to call a number and tweet info......

specsaregood
01-31-2011, 08:41 PM

Same with me. I just take a neutral position that we shouldn't give foreign aid to Israel or any other country. But we shouldn't tell Israel what they can and can't do. That would be intervention.

That is all well and good but in the meantime they ARE taking our handouts/money and doing some bad shit with it. I think we are entitled to a little intervention as long as they are sucking on the teat of the US taxpayer. If they don't like the intervention, then they are free to ween themselves off of us.

RM918
01-31-2011, 08:49 PM
Just because you're a non-interventionist doesn't mean you can't call something what it is. Thinking Israel is wrong is not the same thing as believing the federal government should do something about it.

Brian4Liberty
01-31-2011, 09:58 PM
Like the prostitutes they are to kiss Israel's Ass for their approval to be the "CHOSEN ONE" nominee for the Republicans. This shit is getting ridiculous, it's so blatantly obvious, like a bunch of dogs wanting that bone... Get you Money Masters approval to be selected for the puppet in chief nominee for the GOP.

Of course, it's a very important campaign stop.

Matt Collins
01-31-2011, 11:05 PM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Governor+Mike+Hukabee+Tours+Israel+V6MeuSaYX6Ll.jp g

ihsv
01-31-2011, 11:35 PM
http://rlv.zcache.com/step_aside_im_gonna_puke_tshirt-p235518968493387399q6zu_400.jpg

charrob
02-01-2011, 12:02 AM
The silence from Israel is strange in regards to this Egypt issue. They sit back and leak "we are so scared" to the MSM. The Israeli Government is one of the most evil institutions in todays world. I know it sounds crazy but I think this whole ordeal will come out to their favor and they know it. I am sure they are sitting back watching and orchestrating alongside others these events that are taking place right now. Huckster knows this is the play of the century.

I heard that Google has a way for the Egyptians to call a number and tweet info......

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277453-Israeli-President-Others-Slam-Obama-for-‘Betrayal’-of-Mubarak

Bruno
02-01-2011, 12:25 AM
To be followed by stops in Iowa.

Yep, he's running. Ugh.

dannno
02-01-2011, 12:48 AM
http://www2.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Governor+Mike+Hukabee+Tours+Israel+V6MeuSaYX6Ll.jp g

Can somebody explain why it is ok for Christians to do this?

I mean, you can do whatever you want, I'm not going to stop you... but spiritually, or religiously, why is this ok?

Matt Collins
02-01-2011, 01:02 AM

I mean, you can do whatever you want, I'm not going to stop you... but spiritually, or religiously, why is this ok?

http://www.sanfranciscosentinel.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/rahm-may-28.jpg
http://cache4.asset-cache.net/xc/56154819.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921F7C3FC3F69D929FD4E546B34B39253C6 74065D4A898A228744986EC52EC7AD58B01E70F2B3269972
http://cache2.asset-cache.net/xc/82403648.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF8789215ABF3343C02EA548EBA3502038CD4340 EC2551C0BBBC859056F56198BE20E822E30A760B0D811297

devil21
02-01-2011, 01:05 AM

That's all fine and dandy when it's not a guy running for US President attending their "dedications" to land thievery.

libertybrewcity
02-01-2011, 07:04 AM
oh geez..

Romulus
02-01-2011, 07:45 AM
bow to the master wall..

specsaregood
02-01-2011, 07:52 AM

Do what? Whore oneself out for a publicity photo while pandering to a few extremist groups?

sailingaway
02-01-2011, 08:28 AM
Do what? Whore oneself out for a publicity photo while pandering to a few extremist groups?

Praying is prayer anywhere. The wall bit is pandering.

But some might see it as respect. To get a photo of it on a political trip, now THAT's pandering. In fact I seem to recall biblical passages about trying to be VISIBLY religious as opposed to religious in one's heart.

Ron is religious. How visible is it, other than through his character?

Matt Collins
02-01-2011, 10:59 AM
Ron is religious. How visible is it, other than through his character?
Ron Paul's statement of faith:
http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

sailingaway
02-01-2011, 11:40 AM
Ron Paul's statement of faith:
http://www.covenantnews.com/ronpaul070721.htm

He tells people who want to know. He doesn't wear it on his forehead like a label.

dannno
02-01-2011, 12:47 PM
He tells people who want to know. He doesn't wear it on his forehead like a label.

Or on his bald spot (not that he has a bald spot, but if he did..)

Agorism
02-01-2011, 07:47 PM
bump

Inflation
02-01-2011, 09:37 PM
Huckerbelly is once again happy to be used as Mit Romny's stalking horse.

The Zionist fundy crowd, never a big fan of Mormuns, will have to be buttered up by Hickabee until they are ready to vote for the Mit-Hick 2012 ticket.

juvanya
02-02-2011, 03:30 AM
blockades against receiving food and medicine...
This has always been completely false, even before the flotilla incident. The real medicine blockade is Hamas, who steals and resells them.

amy31416
02-02-2011, 07:48 AM
This has always been completely false, even before the flotilla incident. The real medicine blockade is Hamas, who steals and resells them.

Source?

I've seen many videos and read many accounts of Palestinians who die at the border b/c they can't get medical care, in addition to certain medical supplies not getting through. In addition, reducing their power production to only several hours a day DOES effect medical care--even if it doesn't fall specifically under the blockade category. Their infrastructure was intentionally destroyed.

ihsv
02-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Is it just the camera angle, but is Huck growing another potbelly?

Agorism
02-02-2011, 09:18 PM
bum[

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:28 PM
Source?

I've seen many videos and read many accounts of Palestinians who die at the border b/c they can't get medical care, in addition to certain medical supplies not getting through. In addition, reducing their power production to only several hours a day DOES effect medical care--even if it doesn't fall specifically under the blockade category. Their infrastructure was intentionally destroyed.

I will look into it , it really would not suprise me . There are greedy people everywhere ...

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Source?

Well , I dunno , my source said the most common items are Fuel , currency ,weapons . appliances . Fuel is rationed at about five gallons twice a month and you must first purchase a permit of about $470 .

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:38 PM
Source?

Yes , it looks as though they do steal the donations and sell them on the black market . It is confirmed.

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:45 PM
Donations of medical supplies , I meant .

Baptist
02-02-2011, 09:56 PM

It's not OK and it makes me want to vomit my guts all over this freaking macbook.

oyarde
02-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Looks like Hamas charges a fee on smuggled weapons and Fuel from Egypt and steals and sells donated medical supplies from Israel and Flour . Not sure who is donating the flour . Probably a large International organization.

oyarde
02-03-2011, 03:34 PM
//

amy31416
02-03-2011, 03:59 PM
Yes , it looks as though they do steal the donations and sell them on the black market . It is confirmed.

There's still no source though. Confirmed by whom?

Press is heavily controlled by Israel (remember the "coverage" of Operation Cast Lead?), so I'm interested in an unbiased source. I haven't read anything about it that isn't from a neocon/Zionist-leaning source...I've also read plenty of articles that say Hamas has set up schools/clinics, etc.

oyarde
02-03-2011, 04:01 PM
There's still no source though. Confirmed by whom?

Press is heavily controlled by Israel (remember the "coverage" of Operation Cast Lead?), so I'm interested in an unbiased source. I haven't read anything about it that isn't from a neocon/Zionist-leaning source...I've also read plenty of articles that say Hamas has set up schools/clinics, etc.

They do set up schools and clinics to the best of my knowledge , Or at least they used to . This is how the win the people over . It looks like they are honestly involved in the black market on everything .

ExPatPaki
02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
It looks like they are honestly involved in the black market on everything .

I wouldn't doubt that since they are struggling to survive themselves. I'm not sure if its Hamas as an organization that does that or if its a few corrupt individuals working with other gangs in the Gaza Strip.

oyarde
02-03-2011, 04:05 PM
Looks like alot of flour is donated by Qatar .

oyarde
02-03-2011, 04:07 PM
I wouldn't doubt that since they are struggling to survive themselves. I'm not sure if its Hamas as an organization that does that or if its a few corrupt individuals working with other gangs in the Gaza Strip.

The gangs have to kind of pay Hamas . And yes , this is one of the only ways for them to raise revenue .

cindy25
02-04-2011, 04:21 AM

unfortunately there is no way to separate the two; so long as Israel exists the hand outs will continue. I hope Egypt ends up with an Islamist govt, as that will hopefully end the hand outs to them. and if Israel falls, it just the end of a parasite state. I would prefer just an independent (as opposed to dependent) Israel, but I don't see how its possible

Agorism
02-05-2011, 01:24 PM
bump

oyarde
02-07-2011, 05:38 PM
I think these countries can exist , successfully without hand outs ...