PDA

View Full Version : CPAC is giving the Defender of the Constitution Award to.. Donald Rumsfeld?

Lucille
01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Daily Paul: CPAC is giving the Defender of the Constitution Award to.. Donald Rumsfeld? (http://www.dailypaul.com/155705/cpac-is-giving-the-defender-of-the-constitution-award-to-donald-rumsfeld?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dailypaul%2FFClq+%28The+Daily +Paul+-+Continuing+the+Ron+Paul+Revolution+Ron+Paul+for+P resident+2008%29&utm_content=Twitter)

At 4:00 pm Thursday February 10, 2011, CPAC is honoring Donald Rumsfeld for his lifetime of defending the Constitution? Evidently CPAC does not care about the part of the Constitution that says only the Congress can take us to war.
[...]
Obviously, the neocons are in control of CPAC. We must have a spectacular presence there this year and push our idealistic government actions for liberty, prosperity and peace. We need to win this war on ideas of what true conservatism is.

MRoCkEd
01-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Yeah, that award is like a running gag. Last year, John Ashcroft got it. I recommend attending for the "lulz."

Jeremy
01-31-2011, 11:36 AM
Yeah, that award is like a running gag. Last year, John Ashcroft got it. I recommend attending for the "lulz."

I don't think it's a running gag. Neocons will be neocons.

Matt Collins
01-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Sounds like a great event to pack the room for. And let them know our true feelings when they hand out the award. :-)

Jeremy
01-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Sounds like a great event to pack the room for. And let them know our true feelings when they hand out the award. :-)

Don't boo or make noise when everyone is giving applause. Because it only adds to the noise and makes the applause sound louder.

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Don't boo or make noise when everyone is giving applause. Because it only adds to the noise and makes the applause sound louder.

Yes, and I hope no-one associated with Ron Paul plans any sort of disruption. I know this is ridiculous but we are in pre-game here and CPAC is a place to be winning people over to our side, not re-inforcing our "troublemaker" reputation...

Matt Collins
01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
Yes, and I hope no-one associated with Ron Paul plans any sort of disruption. I know this is ridiculous but we are in pre-game here and CPAC is a place to be winning people over to our side, not re-inforcing our "troublemaker" reputation...
I did hear stories about some people getting a little out of control last year... although I've also heard they have been banned from such events too heh

dannno
01-31-2011, 11:49 AM
What if we packed the room and were all completely silent?

Gage
01-31-2011, 11:50 AM
CPAC 2012 Defender of the Constitution Award:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_RDXKiPGttxc/SIAVATCHVJI/AAAAAAAAB4E/0x8cQbp18WU/s400/michael-chertoff.jpg

dannno
01-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Or even if we got 50%+, if everybody politely "shhh'd" the people next to them who started clapping, if enough people did it then everyone might think they were supposed to be quiet for some reason.. so all you would hear is a few arrant claps and a bunch of "shhh'ing"

Anti Federalist
01-31-2011, 11:59 AM
Booing is not allowed now...as if there was ever a more appropriate person and circumstance to boo??!!

Jesus Christ, I'm glad I send proxies and don't show up to things like this in person...

Thomas
01-31-2011, 12:15 PM
omg lulz

Jeremy
01-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Or even if we got 50%+, if everybody politely "shhh'd" the people next to them who started clapping, if enough people did it then everyone might think they were supposed to be quiet for some reason.. so all you would hear is a few arrant claps and a bunch of "shhh'ing"

XD

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Booing is not allowed now...as if there was ever a more appropriate person and circumstance to boo??!!

Jesus Christ, I'm glad I send proxies and don't show up to things like this in person...

:o , had to be said... the front lines of a peaceful r3VOLution are not always at protests, and seldom pretty...

I just know there was talk of disrupting Beck last year, and RP himself asked people who support him not to join in... I think we should avoid Ron Paul having to say the same thing this year... I'm just one voice though...

That said I imagine I would step aside and start filming should some far left activists perform a playful stunt ...

Jeremy
01-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Yeah, last year Ron Paul had to ask people himself to not be disrespectful.

And these people want to boo the 2nd most libertarian speaker on that stage... :confused:

amy31416
01-31-2011, 12:41 PM

I'd bring an extra pair of shoes, just to throw at him. I'm thinking stilettos, but I guess steel-toed combat boots might be more appropriate.

And yeah...good I'm not going .:p

ItsTime
01-31-2011, 12:45 PM

Should we remove our hats when asked?

Anti Federalist
01-31-2011, 12:54 PM
Brother, you know I've got nothing but the highest level of respect for you, and I understand your point.

I'm just ruined after years and years and years in a rough environment.

I don't play well with others anymore.

That, and I have zero tolerance anymore for public "officials" that continually piss on my leg and tell me, "it's raining".

:o , had to be said... the front lines of a peaceful r3VOLution are not always at protests, and seldom pretty...

I just know there was talk of disrupting Beck last year, and RP himself asked people who support him not to join in... I think we should avoid Ron Paul having to say the same thing this year... I'm just one voice though...

That said I imagine I would step aside and start filming should some far left activists perform a playful stunt ...

Anti Federalist
01-31-2011, 12:56 PM
Yeah, last year Ron Paul had to ask people himself to not be disrespectful.

And these people want to boo the 2nd most libertarian speaker on that stage... :confused:

Rumsfeld???

MRoCkEd
01-31-2011, 12:58 PM
Rumsfeld???
LOL

He meant Beck last year.

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2011, 01:06 PM
Brother, you know I've got nothing but the highest level of respect for you, and I understand your point.

I'm just ruined after years and years and years in a rough environment.

I don't play well with others anymore.

That, and I have zero tolerance anymore for public "officials" that continually piss on my leg and tell me, "it's raining".

No worries, I was just picking up the shreds of my dignity so it can heal before the next time I feel compelled to say something so revolting... :p;)

Anti Federalist
01-31-2011, 01:22 PM
No worries, I was just picking up the shreds of my dignity so it can heal before the next time I feel compelled to say something so revolting... :p;)

ROFL

+rep

Anti Federalist
01-31-2011, 01:23 PM
LOL

He meant Beck last year.

LulZ, my mistake...

Matt Collins
01-31-2011, 01:23 PM
I wouldn't want to disrupt the event, but I wouldn't have any problem whatsoever booing someone like Cheney or Rummy, or GW, or any of these formerly elected neocon officials. If the conservatives in the room see that half the room disapproves of these people, they might take a minute and stop and ask themselves "why"? and then follow up with some research.

Or re could get all of our people in place and fill the room. As soon as he gets up to speak we all stand up and silently walk out :-P

BrooklynZoo
01-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Well that's a bit difficult as Rand Paul will be speaking at 3:45 and Rumsfeld will be presented with the award (some other room) at 4 pm. Now, Rumsfeld will be doing a book signing at 4:30 but I can't see anyone buying his book and also, Tom Woods will be doing a book signing at the same time. Intentional scheduling to minimize disruptions from liberty types?

MRoCkEd
01-31-2011, 01:35 PM
Well that's a bit difficult as Rand Paul will be speaking at 3:45 and Rumsfeld will be presented with the award (some other room) at 4 pm. Now, Rumsfeld will be doing a book signing at 4:30 but I can't see anyone buying his book and also, Tom Woods will be doing a book signing at the same time. Intentional scheduling to minimize disruptions from liberty types?

Rumsfeld will be right after Rand Paul in the Marriot Ballroom. I think we should just get up and leave.

ItsTime
01-31-2011, 01:36 PM
Rumsfeld will be right after Rand Paul in the Marriot Ballroom. I think we should just get up and leave.

If that is the case, that is a good idea.

BrooklynZoo
01-31-2011, 01:39 PM
So Rand is only speaking for 15 minutes? Lame.

Elwar
01-31-2011, 01:41 PM
Would it be impolite to laugh when Rumsfeld is announced? Like we're all in on the joke and that the people applauding are applauding the great joke that was played...

MRoCkEd
01-31-2011, 01:50 PM
Would it be impolite to laugh when Rumsfeld is announced? Like we're all in on the joke and that the people applauding are applauding the great joke that was played...
I don't know if I'll be able to prevent myself from laughing...

Original_Intent
02-01-2011, 09:11 AM
Booing might be uncool, but it would be awesome if when it was announced, a LARGE number of people just got up and left. I think that would be statement enough. and if it got videotaped for a YouTube, even better.

Krugerrand
02-01-2011, 09:28 AM
I guess that's all that left now after the Nobel Peace Prize was already taken.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_jfr2zpz9itA/TD3nKiEMp0I/AAAAAAAAAjE/7hY1A5v1P_w/s1600/Fox_guarding_hen_house.png

The Dark Knight
02-01-2011, 11:32 AM
We have go to plan some type of protest. We cant stand by and let the constitution be treated like this

JamesButabi
02-01-2011, 11:34 AM
I like the idea that a bunch of people get up leave dissapointed shaking their heads right as its announced.

MelissaCato
02-01-2011, 11:53 AM

Ya good idea. Are we allowed to leave a postit sticky on our chairs saying FU Rumsfeld ? Just wondering. LOL

loveshiscountry
02-01-2011, 11:56 AM

That would make an impact. A video showing a lot of people not "enthusiastic". He's not worthy of a comment mindset. Would you boo the 2-14 Carolina Panthers last year if they played your team? Something different draws attention, imo.

sailingaway
02-01-2011, 12:03 PM
Ya good idea. Are we allowed to leave a postit sticky on our chairs saying FU Rumsfeld ? Just wondering. LOL

I think everyone leaving will be obvious enough. The media WILL report it if 2/3 of the room leaves and the room is much emptier. Since it is going to be packed for Rand, that is a pretty likely situation, if people just leave. Remember that part of CPAC is to charm others. It isn't charming to walk out in an obviously insulting fashion. Gratifying for about an hour, sure, until Ron is squeezed out of a debate because people don't want his supporters there.

specsaregood
02-01-2011, 12:13 PM
I think everyone leaving will be obvious enough. The media WILL report it if 2/3 of the room leaves and the room is much emptier. Since it is going to be packed for Rand, that is a pretty likely situation, if people just leave. Remember that part of CPAC is to charm others. It isn't charming to walk out in an obviously insulting fashion. Gratifying for about an hour, sure, until Ron is squeezed out of a debate because people don't want his supporters there.

This is all so true. There is absolutely no point in going to CPAC if you are going to be a detriment. A bunch of people on C4L discounted tickets protesting is a good way to hurt the C4L.

Wallbanger
02-01-2011, 01:30 PM
So some Ron Paul people think we should all "Go along to get along..." when Rumsfeld is introduced? Yeah...like that's what got us here to this point! WE'RE WINNING THIS BATTLE!! Here's an idea that is sure to draw the desired "tsk tsk" of NEOCON establishment types...why don't we ALL turn our backs to Rummy during his entire speech? The purpose being to OFFEND THE OATH BREAKER RUMSFELD as much as possible!! Feedback?

specsaregood
02-01-2011, 01:40 PM
So some Ron Paul people think we should all "Go along to get along..." when Rumsfeld is introduced? Yeah...like that's what got us here to this point! WE'RE WINNING THIS BATTLE!! Here's an idea that is sure to draw the desired "tsk tsk" of NEOCON establishment types...why don't we ALL turn our backs to Rummy during his entire speech? The purpose being to OFFEND THE OATH BREAKER RUMSFELD as much as possible!! Feedback?

Oh lookie another new guy. If thats what you got from all this then you have a reading comprehension problem.

sailingaway
02-01-2011, 01:45 PM

Nice first post. Yeah, we're known for suggesting you go along to get along. Not.

We do know the difference between that and cutting off your nose to spite your face. And keeping your powder dry for when action might actually mean something.

Bobbs
02-01-2011, 01:47 PM

Now that would speak volumes over any booing and disturbance!!

Wallbanger
02-01-2011, 01:52 PM
When you say "another new guy", do you mean someone who joined the Ron Paul campaign in July, 2007? My "reading comprehension" is just fine...sorry I don't measure up to your calm rational thought process. You and your like-minded cronies are NOT the reason Ron Paul is the viable statesman he is today! I heard people like you in the past say "don't hang those RP banners from freeway overpasses"...whatever dude!!

MelissaCato
02-01-2011, 01:54 PM
Why even be there to listen, is my question. Don't we have other places to be ?

axiomata
02-01-2011, 01:59 PM
Well whatever response we make, it should be coordinated. It would be quite silly if half of us gave the silent treatment and half booed.

Matt Collins
02-03-2011, 04:45 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_sW65ilskOC8/SnrWPP5gkRI/AAAAAAAAZI0/CZBa8HjR26Y/s400/DonaldRumsfeldClown.jpg
http://www.ijtihad.org/rumsfeld.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_E8BpJEni77I/SU-9gN4lKMI/AAAAAAAAHVU/Emvonba5A1o/s400/rumsfeld.jpg
http://newsphile.com/rumsfeld.jpg
http://www.enterstageright.com/archive/articles/0105/010305rumsfelddonald.jpg