PDA

View Full Version : Hotair cites Gallup poll: 88% GOP & majority of Dems think GOP should listen to tea party

sailingaway
01-31-2011, 11:23 AM
http://hotair.com/archives/2011/01/31/gallup-71-say-gop-should-listen-to-the-tea-party/

acptulsa
01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
Remember two years ago, when we feared we wouldn't win?

Now, then. Of course they won't listen. So, how do we sluff off credit for the things the current 'last (hopefully) crop of neocons' will do then try to blame on us, and how do we translate this attention we are receiving into votes for real representation?

I think Step One is get some candidates ready to run.

Stary Hickory
01-31-2011, 11:27 AM
The average Tea Party person is a huge leap forward from a ignorant neocon. Libertarians and Constitutionalists hold the Tea Party in a decent spot, it the best MAJOR movement the US has really seen this century. It has it's flaws, but I just hope it can be held towards liberty, states rights, and individual freedoms, there is a lot of wiggle room there for a real improvement in the US.

Is it perfect, will a libertarian utopia be created? Nope, but that is a battle to be won as well, I do think the Tea Party can actually defeat the neocons. That would be a huge feat.

heavenlyboy34
01-31-2011, 11:31 AM
The average Tea Party person is a huge leap forward from a ignorant neocon. Libertarians and Constitutionalists hold the Tea Party in a decent spot, it the best MAJOR movement the US has really seen this century. It has it's flaws, but I just hope it can be held towards liberty, states rights, and individual freedoms, there is a lot of wiggle room there for a real improvement in the US.

Is it perfect, will a libertarian utopia be created? Nope, but that is a battle to be won as well, I do think the Tea Party can actually defeat the neocons. That would be a huge feat.

What libertarian has ever proposed a "utopia"? I'm not aware of a single one who has proposed such a thing. A vast improvement over the status quo, yes, but not utopia. However, minarchists have long been making utopian claims of "limited government" that have yet to materialize. ;)

Stary Hickory
01-31-2011, 11:33 AM
What libertarian has ever proposed a "utopia"? I'm not aware of a single one who has proposed such a thing. A vast improvement over the status quo, yes, but not utopia.

I put that in here because of people specifically on these forums who expect the WAMMO instant revolution freedom effect. And these are the same people who will bash the Tea Party non stop even though it represents a major leap forward towards freedom. There are plenty of people who hold these views, that I absolutely needed to add that line.

speciallyblend
01-31-2011, 11:40 AM
what are the chances of getting a supporter to print 5000-10000 ron paul 2012 tea bags:) for cpac??? we have a rpf crew that could hand them out at cpac:) nevermind almost 1.00 a tea bag for personalized oo well!

Stary Hickory
01-31-2011, 11:43 AM
I dunno, I hope Ron Paul wins, I wish they would just elect him, but honestly I feel his son Rand has a much better shot at it. He gives off a sensible neutral vibe that really resonates with the Tea Party. Ron Paul is great, but he is edgy and scares off some people, I am afraid people won't vote for him...I don't want to be a nay sayer, I'l support him if he runs 100% I am just saying, I try to fight out in conservative hotbeds on the net and other places and Ron Paul is a tougher sell than Rand.

Valli6
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
what are the chances of getting a supporter to print 5000-10000 ron paul 2012 tea bags:) for cpac??? we have a rpf crew that could hand them out at cpac:) nevermind almost 1.00 a tea bag for personalized oo well!

I think it's a bad idea to reinforce the whole tea "bag" aspect - it's only used to ridicule the movement.

sailingaway
01-31-2011, 12:07 PM
I think it's a bad idea to reinforce the whole tea "bag" aspect - it's only used to ridicule the movement.

The tea party didn't have tea bags. It was loose tea in crates.