PDA

View Full Version : Is there Friday voting for CPAC?? [Discussion]

Matt Collins
01-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Since some of you people would rather attack me than consider what I have to say below is the full scoop...

Here is the text conversation quoted verbatim yesterday afternoon between myself and Steve Bierfeldt of the CFL who is in charge of the CPAC operation:

ME: Is there confirmed voting on Friday? If so, what time?
HIM: No there is not. In years past it has been a couple of hours in the morning. Ending around 10 or 11
ME: Damn. There are ppl coming in on friday.
HIM: They should get their ticket from CPAC then. They won't be able to get it from c4l
ME: Do we know for a fact what time voting closes Thursday?
HIM: 430 or 5 max

Jeremy
01-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Pretty sure the people running CPAC know more than the people running a booth at CPAC.

Voting is open all day on Friday. Thanks for your interest in CPAC 2011!

Joseph Logue
Assistant to the CPAC Director
The American Conservative Union
(703) 836-8602, ext. 17

Just remember that if you can't get there until after 10AM on Friday, you need to buy your ticket from someone other than C4L. C4L registration ends at 10AM on Friday. You need to register to vote (or do anything).

Also, if you are going to be there on Thursday, vote Thursday!

Matt Collins
01-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Ok, this thread makes sense now. It seems that the CFL is saying one thing, and the ACU is saying another. Apparently we have a contradiction which is creating confusion.

Jeremy
01-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Ok, this thread makes sense now. It seems that the CFL is saying one thing, and the ACU is saying another. Apparently we have a contradiction which is creating confusion.

Not at all. You misunderstood what he was telling you.

MelissaCato
01-31-2011, 11:02 AM
I just called Joseph Logue and he told me 9-5 Thursday and 9-5 Friday is CPAC voting. Someone should call now and ask Melissa Bowman see if she says the same times. Either way, I trust noone so early Thursday works best IMO.

sailingaway
01-31-2011, 11:04 AM
I think C4L is closing giving out badges Friday morning at 10, which makes sense since Ron is speaking that day and they will have had a big night Thursday with the Ron and Rand forum and dinner etc. Their staff isn't THAT big.

Beyond that, last time they closed voting at SRLC earlier than people expected and some of our guys didn't get registered to vote. Add that to the fact that YAL is having a widely advertised (by web and word of mouth) blow out at Madame Organs after Ron and Rand's forum Thursday night, and I can see them all expecting not to see many YAL-ers much around on Friday morning. We want people to vote Thursday.

Unless they can't, in which case they should vote Friday morning by 10. (they closed after that point last year, apparently.) However, I haven't seen anything yet which makes me think those just going for Friday and not arriving until late Thursday or early Friday should just decide to go to work Friday after all and save all but the ticket cost. It seems like there is voting Friday, but that the people who put it on are unreliable the last day and you want to vote as early as possible.

acptulsa
01-31-2011, 11:16 AM
I'm giving three to two odds. Any takers?