PDA

View Full Version : Consider Consolidating ChipIns

MelissaWV
01-30-2011, 02:35 PM
This is just a suggestion, and I'm not sure if anyone is even in a position to take it.

Several people are just not going to reach their ChipIn goals in time to get to CPAC. If you can independently get together, then one of you could dump your ChipIn funds into the other's ChipIn and at least get a voter there. If you are absolutely not going to make it, it seems like a better outcome than simply attempting to refund money.

It's just a thought :o

sailingaway
01-30-2011, 02:44 PM
I think it is the 'consolidation' of three people into one that is causing the problem with filling them, actually. As soon as they get below $100 they evaporate, filled. People see '$700' and even if it is for 3 people they think 'this won't fill'. Yet someone came on TODAY with a chip in of just under $200 after he took some suggestions on tailoring lodging, and it filled right up.

However, I agree that people should agree that if they DON'T get enough, they will donate to the one closest to filling, (the one furthest to filling donating first since the second closest may end up the closest after consolidation.) However, today the real deadline is purchasing the tickets.

And whomever buys a ticket,use that code there is a thread for. That will almost fill a chip in for 3 people I do believe, who are very active and have already collected a good amount. They would get a voucher (one is the head of a YAL chapter and already had some 'ticket codes' to his credit.)

Here is the thread about using the code: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277189-Could-the-next-student-buying-a-CPAC-ticket-use-this-promo-code

MelissaWV
01-30-2011, 02:47 PM
I think it is the 'consolidation' of three people into one that is causing the problem with filling them, actually. As soon as they get below $100 they evaporate, filled. People see '$700' and even if it is for 3 people they think 'this won't fill'. Yet someone came on TODAY with a chip in of just under $200 after he took some suggestions on tailoring lodging, and it filled right up.

However, I agree that people should agree that if they DON'T get enough, they will donate to the one closest to filling, (the one furthest to filling donating first since the second closest may end up the closest after consolidation.) However, today the real deadline is purchasing the tickets.

And whomever buys a ticket,use that code there is a thread for. That will almost fill a chip in for 3 people I do believe, who are very active and have already collected a good amount. They would get a voucher (one is the head of a YAL chapter and already had some 'ticket codes' to his credit.)

Of course. I'm not suggesting consolidating when there's some left to fill. What I mean is if Joe has $150 and Jeff has $150, but both of them needed $300 each to go, they should probably PM one another. Either they can split some of the costs, or maybe Joe will stay home and give Jeff the $150. 1 vote is better than 0.

sailingaway
01-30-2011, 02:48 PM
Of course. I'm not suggesting consolidating when there's some left to fill. What I mean is if Joe has $150 and Jeff has $150, but both of them needed $300 each to go, they should probably PM one another. Either they can split some of the costs, or maybe Joe will stay home and give Jeff the $150. 1 vote is better than 0.

I think that should be the general rule, if they don't make enough to go, I agree.

Thomas
01-30-2011, 04:27 PM
I think our people could knock these out if we had more momentum...

ronpaulhawaii
01-30-2011, 04:31 PM
Glad you said this, Melissa. Good food for thought...

I think we can do this, but we need to all be spamming links everywhere...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?309-Updated-Chip-Ins-for-CPAC-Thread

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb19/mkauai/CPACdonor1.png

speciallyblend
01-30-2011, 06:05 PM
blimp some of those multiple folks in one chipin need to seperate the chipins etc!! melissa has the right idea!! the bigger chipins need to be broke up a lil and divided and if someone is not going to get theirs filled? they should look at transfering it to one that is closer to getting filled! i bet if the bigger ones are broken up and have better explanations and expenses they will get filled as others have suggested!!!