PDA

View Full Version : Where is the MSM ?

pcosmar
01-30-2011, 11:16 AM
Yes,,that is a rhetorical question.

Egypt is described as an important US ally. Is there no Media presence in this important area of the world?
They can get interviews wit Mubarak any time they wish, but are notably absent from the historic events happening there.

ElBaradei is addressing the crowd in Tahrir Square. It seems he is the chosen spokesman for the Opposition Movements. Is this not news worthy?
They can't get a reporter there?

BlackTerrel
01-30-2011, 12:47 PM
What do you consider the MSM? This is the front page story on foxnews, cnn, and msnbc.

pcosmar
01-30-2011, 12:58 PM
What do you consider the MSM? This is the front page story on foxnews, cnn, and msnbc.

They have reporters in Cairo? An interview with ElBaradei ?

How about "man in the street" coverage?
All I have seen are the inane ramblings of some talking heads far removed from reality. And politicians double talk.

Twitter is far more informative.

Anti Federalist
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM
All I have seen are the inane ramblings of some talking heads far removed from reality. And politicians double talk.

And this is different from MSM "reporting" on other, equally important issues, how, exactly?

;)

TheDriver
01-30-2011, 01:01 PM

Egypt is described as an important US ally. Is there no Media presence in this important area of the world?
They can get interviews wit Mubarak any time they wish, but are notably absent from the historic events happening there.

ElBaradei is addressing the crowd in Tahrir Square. It seems he is the chosen spokesman for the Opposition Movements. Is this not news worthy?

I just caught an interview with the Muslim Brotherhoood on Al Jezeera. Fox could have spun this .... LOL! The American media is hiding until they have permission from our ruling class to do objective reporting. Right now the message is: scare viewers by talking about possible Islamic law, and support the "strongman"--dictator.

pcosmar
01-30-2011, 01:04 PM
And this is different from MSM "reporting" on other, equally important issues, how, exactly?

;)

LOL.
Point taken. It must have been some kind of Hopey Changey thought I had.

Dojo
01-30-2011, 01:17 PM
They have reporters in Cairo? An interview with ElBaradei ?

How about "man in the street" coverage?

Twitter is far more informative.

I split screened Fox and Al Jaeerza this afternoon. On the fox channel the banner read 'violent riots in Egypt' While the talking heads hinted that the group 'The Muslim Brotherhood' COULD be responsible and MIGHT have al queda ties and COULD fill the vacuum of power and enforce radical islam. all the time looping the most bloodiest violent clips from the first days of protest.

And of course the Al Jazeera showed a thousands of peacful protesters

teacherone
01-30-2011, 01:23 PM
just talked to my parents. told them that it looks like another one of the US's puppet governments was going down.

they responded-- that's an interesting way to look at it. we've been reading it's "the flowering of democracy the US wishes for the Middle East."

they were totally taken aback by an opposing view point.

of course, they get their media from the MSM and tell me I spend to much time on the internet and it's full of unreliable information and besides "anybody can say anything on the internet...."

LedHed
01-30-2011, 01:26 PM

Good lord! Don't you have cable or satellite news in the UP. Is all of your reception through rabbit ears - which wouldn't surprise me at all. CNN has had this as the main story with reporters on scene, interviews on the street, and interviews with Egyptian citizens as well as government officials here in the US. A better question would be, "Why isn't FoxNews covering this better?"

pcosmar
01-30-2011, 01:30 PM
Good lord! Don't you have cable or satellite news in the UP. Is all of your reception through rabbit ears - which wouldn't surprise me at all. CNN has had this as the main story with reporters on scene, interviews on the street, and interviews with Egyptian citizens as well as government officials here in the US. A better question would be, "Why isn't FoxNews covering this better?"

No, I have no TV. Internet connection is my link.
I have seen some "coverage" (sort of) and the folks in the area are laughing at the CNN coverage. Faux is a joke everywhere.

@yasminhamidi: Think colonialism is dead? Turn on @CNN & watch white men in suits debate wat role US shud play in deciding the fate of Egyptians #jan25
Oh yeah, I have been watching this as it developed, and was waiting for some MSM reports. When they came they were quite disappointing.

rich34
01-30-2011, 01:32 PM

;)

Imo, what the poster is trying to say is that if this kind of shit was happening in Israel it would be all over the news...

Kinda like Rand's statement of cutting off all foreign aid, yet somehow what gets blasted on yahoo is that Rand only wants to cut funding to Israel. If only the sheep could open their eyes!

pcosmar
01-30-2011, 03:52 PM
LOL at Faux Snooze
http://plixi.com/p/73294801