PDA

View Full Version : Official CPAC Schedule of Events Released

MRoCkEd
01-29-2011, 05:10 PM
http://www.conservative.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/SCHEDULE-OF-EVENTS-MASTER-1-29-11-WEBSITE.pdf

I'll be going through this and making a list of recommended events to attend.

In the meantime, check it out, and laugh at Donald Rumsfeld receiving the "Defender of the Constitution" award. John Ashcroft got it last year.

Kotin
01-29-2011, 05:11 PM
That award must be a running joke among the interventionists..

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Did they miss the declare war part?

BrooklynZoo
01-29-2011, 05:19 PM
Did they typo and mean "Destroyer" or "Disregarder" or perhaps "Disgracer" of the Constitution? Because the only award Rummy should be getting is a one-way trip to the Federal pen for crimes against all humanity.

low preference guy
01-29-2011, 05:31 PM
what caught my attention:

Thursday, Feb 10:

2:00 Rollback: Repealing Big Government – Maryland Ballroom
Sponsored by Campaign for Liberty (1 hour)
Speaker: Dr. Thomas Woods
Open to All CPAC Attendee

3:45 Sen. Rand Paul (KY) – Marriott Ballroom CONFIRMED
Introduction: Phil Moffett, KY tea party activist CONFIRMED

4:30 Book Signing w/ Thomas Woods – Campaign for Liberty Booth
Sponsored by Campaign for Liberty
Open to All CPAC attendees

6:30 C4L Reception w/ Ron Paul & Rand Paul – Wilson AB
Sponsored by Campaign for Liberty (1.5 hours)
Appetizers and Open Bar
Open to Campaign for Liberty sponsors only

--------------------------------------

Friday, Feb 11

2:00 Sen. Mike Lee (UT) – Marriott Ballroom CONFIRMED
Introduction: Ken Blackwell, Senior Fellow, American Civil Rights Union CONFIRMED

3:30 Rep. Ron Paul (TX) – Marriott Ballroom CONFIRMED
Introduction: Jeff Frazee, Young Americans for Liberty CONFIRMED

4:30 Book Signing w/ Ron Paul– Campaign for Liberty Booth
Sponsored by Campaign for Liberty
Open to All CPAC Attendees

-----

Sat, Feb 12

9:00 Andrew Breitbart – Marriott Ballroom

10:00 Repeal the ‘Patriot’ Act! – Virginia Ballroom
Sponsored by Liberty PAC (1 hour)
Speakers: James Bovard & Jacob Hornberger w/ Ivan Eland

11:00 Unmasking the Federal Reserve – Virginia Ballroom
Speaker: Dr. Joseph Salerno w/ Daniel McCarthy

MRoCkEd
01-29-2011, 05:32 PM
I will be recommending that people attend certain Non-C4L events where they discuss things like foreign policy, so we can share alternative ideas with them.

low preference guy
01-29-2011, 05:33 PM
it's great to see people from the Mises Institute like Tom Woods and Joe Salerno give CPAC lectures

Kotin
01-29-2011, 05:38 PM
I will be recommending that people attend certain Non-C4L events where they discuss things like foreign policy, so we can share alternative ideas with them.

I will be doing this since foreign policy is my main issue.. Should be interesting..

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 05:39 PM
From Saturday as noted above,

10:00 Repeal the ‘Patriot’ Act! – Virginia Ballroom
Speakers: James Bovard & Jacob Hornberger w/ Ivan Eland

11:00 Unmasking the Federal Reserve – Virginia Ballroom
Speaker: Dr. Joseph Salerno w/ Daniel McCarthy

Ron's pac is busy, AND C4L is busy....

muzzled dogg
01-29-2011, 06:11 PM
thanks man i'm gonna have to print this out and take a look

Gage
01-29-2011, 06:52 PM
I assumed Rumsfeld would recieve that award. Interesting they didn't announce the keynote. I think they're holding out on Palin accepting their invitation.

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 06:55 PM
I see Citizens United is hosting an open to all reception with Gingrich opposite Rand's speech. And whaddya know? There is a Citizens United Gingrich thing opposite the Liberty Forum w/ Ron and Rand open for all CPAC Attendees, too -- as is another war thing in the main ballroom.

Citizens United is also hosting a slew of 'war' and 'battle' themed stuff. "The Battle For America", "The war without a name" (propaganda war, maybe?)

TheTyke
01-29-2011, 08:08 PM
This is hilarious... not only is the policy rift evident from the schedule, but it also looks like this event is Paul vs. Gingrich.

A rematch after 1996? Gingrich still smarting over that one?

Sentinelrv
01-30-2011, 12:16 AM
On C4L, it says the straw poll results get announced at 6:00 on the 12th, but this says it happens at 5:15. Which one is correct?

tuco.sargent
01-30-2011, 01:24 AM
what caught my attention:

3:45 Sen. Rand Paul (KY) – Marriott Ballroom CONFIRMED
Introduction: Phil Moffett, KY tea party activist CONFIRMED

On a side note I think it's really awesome to see that Phil Moffett is going to be introducing Rand. Moffett is gunning for the RP nomination for KY governor against establishment pick David Williams. I had heard that Rand wasn't going to endorse anyone until after the primary was over but I think it's clear that he has a favorite. Not sure if there's many people on here that are from KY but if you are you should find this FREAKIN AWESOME! :D

PHIL MOFFETT 2011!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.philmoffett.com/)

MRoCkEd
01-30-2011, 09:08 AM
On C4L, it says the straw poll results get announced at 6:00 on the 12th, but this says it happens at 5:15. Which one is correct?

5:15 is correct! Good catch. C4L needs to fix that.

TheTyke
01-30-2011, 02:58 PM
On a side note I think it's really awesome to see that Phil Moffett is going to be introducing Rand. Moffett is gunning for the RP nomination for KY governor against establishment pick David Williams. I had heard that Rand wasn't going to endorse anyone until after the primary was over but I think it's clear that he has a favorite. Not sure if there's many people on here that are from KY but if you are you should find this FREAKIN AWESOME! :D

PHIL MOFFETT 2011!!!!!!!!!! (http://www.philmoffett.com/)

Hear, hear! Enthusiasm for Phil hasn't caught yet with the nationwide liberty movement, despite a few attempts on the part of Kentucky activists. Hopefully this opportunity will let a lot more people know we have a chance to elect a truly constitutional governor here in KY, if only we can outdo the Establishment machine again!

muzzled dogg
01-31-2011, 12:25 PM
very little on here that interests me outside of C4L activities

can someone confirm duration of friday's 10AM YAL seminar? C4L say 1 hr, CPAC says 2 hrs

...and i dont wanna miss mitt

Gage
01-31-2011, 12:28 PM

can someone confirm duration of friday's 10AM YAL seminar? C4L say 1 hr, CPAC says 2 hrs

Two hours seems like overkill, I would assume it would be one hour.

Jeremy
01-31-2011, 12:31 PM

go by what C4L says

CPAC times are probably just based on how long they have the room for

Matt Collins
01-31-2011, 01:25 PM
...and i dont wanna miss mittWe could get all of our people in place and fill the room. As soon as he gets up to speak we all stand up and silently walk out :-P

Brent Pierce
01-31-2011, 09:05 PM
We could get all of our people in place and fill the room. As soon as he gets up to speak we all stand up and silently walk out :-P
Sounds good to me. It would let them know what we think of Mitt and give them a taste of how well organized we are.