PDA

View Full Version : Yahoo Question: Is it legal to carry a stun gun or a taser in Egypt for self defense?

ctiger2
01-28-2011, 09:13 PM
where can i find self defense products in cairo??

I found the answers hilarious...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080903182524AAfonrY

Best Answer - Chosen by Voters
you dont need any self defense products .
Egypt is safe and peaceful.
no one would get near you .
-----------------------------------------------------------
2 years ago

There is no reason why you should possess one in the first place and I believe it's illegal (even carrying knives). The gun possession laws in Egypt are different from other countries (like USA). I've been in Egypt for over a month and never for one instance have I felt my security being threatened or compromised (yet).

I feel this a safe place compared to many other countries. Safety of women is another topic which would be best left for women to comment on. Their experience may be different from men.

As with most places, travel at odd hours in unknown streets should be avoided at all costs especially if you are new to any place. I'd however suggest carrying a small-utility pocket knife (like a swiss army knife... but please be discrete) if you think you really need to possess a weapon. Use with discretion!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Hello

its not allowed - there was a recent incident of a police mans daughter carrying it in the street and she threatened people with it when there was an accident between her car and another driver. Some one caught it on film and now it is being investigated by the authorities- I will post a link but the language in it is very offensive- its on you tube though.

Perfume/spray and a hair pin is about the best options that Ive ever seen but I would be careful ever to use them in case the man turns nasty and the pin came back on me.

Its best to scream your loudest and hardest and be ready to hit with a bag if something got out of hand. If its grabbing just try to avoid it at all costs and try to keep a distance from anything moving if you are in the street- for example guys can put hands out of car windows or even when they are riding a bike just to take a chance to grab. If I know that guys are coming to close to me in the street and i can see they are going to grab and I cant get past them - then i get my fists ready or move my hand up high so a least i can get to slap the face or the back of the head while he is attemping a grab but often the guys that do it are a lot quicker than us females because they had practise at doing it. There are some courses that you could do, I wish I personally had the time to do them. Good luck

here is one article about it- http://egyptianchronicles.blogspot.com/2…

it includes the video and im sorry to post it as the lanuage is bad but the article is in english so it is useful
--------------------------------------------------------
Oh no, you don't even need to carry tooth picks.

Egypt is safe as your own room is.

We never have harrasment/murder as other countries.

Egypt (Masr el ma7rosah) is the a most safe place in the solar system.
-------------------------------------------
First : its illegal
Second : You won't need it at all

Egypt is the land of safety & security
------------------------------------------
noo its illegal

egypt is not that dangerouse

oyarde
01-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Lol at the responses . How about some pepper spray ?

oyarde
01-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Speaking of knives , I do not think you can have one in Seattle or one in your car in Arkansas ?

Kludge
01-28-2011, 09:20 PM
There are also no gays in Egypt, probably explaining why it is so safe.

oyarde
01-28-2011, 09:22 PM
There are also no gays in Egypt, probably explaining why it is so safe.

And Iran ?

muzzled dogg
01-28-2011, 09:23 PM
thx had to put this one on my fb

AGRP
01-28-2011, 09:28 PM
North Korea is the best Korea.

oyarde
01-28-2011, 09:36 PM
North Korea is the best Korea.

Someone once posted a cheesy billboard picture of Kim J ILL that said that , it was funny ...

Rothbardian Girl
01-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Someone once posted a cheesy billboard picture of Kim J ILL that said that , it was funny ...

Do you mean this one? -grin-

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3634/3565759415_f5b0beed7e_z.jpg?zz=1

libertybrewcity
01-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Egypt is a very safe country because the men are very conservative.

But this week, I would probably stay indoors..or join the revolution.

Jeremy
01-29-2011, 05:11 PM
Real safe place, eh?

teacherone
01-29-2011, 05:13 PM
to all the liberals supporting the egyptian revolutionaries---take note--

this would be over had they not had their weapons taken from them.

Dr.3D
01-29-2011, 05:17 PM
Real safe place, eh?

I'll bet some people have pistols. There is no such thing as a pistol free country.

pcosmar
01-29-2011, 05:22 PM
I'll bet some people have pistols. There is no such thing as a pistol free country.

The police have guns. This has been very evident.
Take them away from them.