PDA

View Full Version : ALERT: Tickets to CPAC almost SOLD OUT completely!

MRoCkEd
01-28-2011, 08:13 PM
From C4L:

Tickets are almost sold out completely. There is a very good chance we will not even have tickets up until January 30th. If you want to come to CPAC, this really is your LAST CHANCE!

Order here:
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2011, 08:18 PM
hmmm.... first worried about slow pace of selling tickets and not meeting expectations, and now they are flying out the door so fast you better act now if you don't want to miss out!

I call BULLSHIT! on both statements!

Nothing, but nothing pisses me off like an organization that lies to it's members and supporters on a regular basis. Paul really needs to fire everyone there and start over.

-t

brandon
01-28-2011, 08:19 PM
^^that

Very perceptive.

Kludge
01-28-2011, 08:22 PM
hmmm.... first worried about slow pace of selling tickets and not meeting expectations, and now they are flying out the door so fast you better act now if you don't want to miss out!

Nothing, but nothing pisses me off like an organization that lies to it's members and supporters on a regular basis. Paul really needs to fire everyone there and start over.

-t

It could be that the ACU is almost out of tickets, but sales of tickets through C4L are slow.

Matt Collins
01-28-2011, 08:24 PM
Or it could be that left hand doesn't know what right hand is doing. Communication within the organization needs to be improved... severely.

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 08:27 PM
Or the fact that C4L said it was going slowly pushed people to buy them. So did the e-mails from Rand & Ron.

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2011, 08:28 PM
It could be that the ACU is almost out of tickets, but sales of tickets through C4L are slow.

The "almost sold out" alarm came from the C4L

-t

Legend1104
01-28-2011, 08:29 PM
I thought the same thing when I saw this. I just hope the latter statment is the truth for Ron Paul's sake.

MRoCkEd
01-28-2011, 08:30 PM
Or ticket sales were slow, so they decided not to carry as many, and then the orders started coming in at the last minute.

speciallyblend
01-28-2011, 08:41 PM
ron paul surge;) this is what i suggest:)

Agorism
01-28-2011, 08:51 PM
How many did they sell?

Matt Collins
01-28-2011, 09:03 PM
How many did they sell?
That isn't going to be divulged because then our plan gets tipped off to RomneyCo

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:04 PM
JUst C4L? Or all of CPAC? Because we have chip ins going, we should probably warn them to get at least the tickets right away. Besides, the price would go up soon, but we don't want people working hard to get people there who then can't get tickets....

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:06 PM
From C4L:

Tickets are almost sold out completely. There is a very good chance we will not even have tickets up until January 30th. If you want to come to CPAC, this really is your LAST CHANCE!

Order here:

Please post this in the CPAC section, or a dup, the chip in folks need to know to get their tix first thing as soon as they get the money for that. We can finish the chip in for the rest later, but it would be bad if they couldn't get tickets!

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 09:10 PM
What if they but their tickets but we're unable to complete their chip-ins?

speciallyblend
01-28-2011, 09:11 PM

means we cannot let that happen;) i know i can have another $100 ready on Feb 9th!! once i get paid

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:14 PM

I'd say the smaller ones we can be fairly confident of, not the larger. But couldn't they transfer the ticket to someone else? we have until the 9th of Feb to fill chip ins. Those that only need a couple hundred or so are going to fill. the $3000 dollar one, I'm not so sure. I don't know that that has been verified yet, and it is falling behind the others.

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2011, 09:35 PM
That isn't going to be divulged because then our plan gets tipped off to RomneyCo

I don't think this matters. Most of Romney's sites are dormant. This is the only one that is active and this is what they are saying about Romney and CPAC:

http://mittromneycentral.com/

Will You Help Sponsor Team MRC members for CPAC 2011?

Hello stalwart Mitt fans! I am making an official request for financial help in order to send members of our hardworking team to CPAC this year. Since we are an independent site and have no financial backers we are left to our own means in order to make this trip. We have two team members Ross and Dave P. who are already attending at their own expense. There are 4 of us who’d like attend but our respective personal finances would not allow for that. Collectively we have put in literally thousands of hours to produce this website, and no team member receives compensation for doing so. Time is something we have, and have sacrificed. Money is something we have not. Will you help us?

If we are able to attend we will do our best to promote Romney for President, promote this site, and provide frequent and interesting updates on CPAC. We will bring our video and still cameras, laptops and our iphones, everything at our disposal to bring you live updates on this site and via Twitter.

It will cost us about $500 per person to attend. That cost includes airfare, hotel, and cost of registration. If there were a little extra we’d also like to throw a little lunch reception to meet with any of our readers who may be attending also. (I highly recommend attending if you are able. I attended last year and had an absolute blast.)

Depending on how much we raise, this is what we will do with the money:

$500 – We send Aaron the stalwart.
$1000 – We send Luke our SEO expert and page manager (He’s got the nice camera, too.)
$1500 – We send dedicated contributor Jared A.
$2012 – I (Nate G.) will attend myself. I have attended before and want to make sure the younger chaps get an opportunity first.
$2300 – We will rent a meeting room and hold a small lunch meet-up where we can train team members and any readers who want to attend.

Anything more than that we will use to bring promotional items such as fliers, button, bumper sticker, and perhaps some of our t-shirts.

Can you help by contributing $100 or more? Even $5 will help. But my favorite is $20.12, just to send a message. Just click the button to donate.

We will run this drive through the day and keep you posted on our progress. Thanks!

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:43 PM
I don't think this matters. Most of Romney's sites are dormant. This is the only one that is active and this is what they are saying about Romney and CPAC:

http://mittromneycentral.com/

Will You Help Sponsor Team MRC members for CPAC 2011?

Hello stalwart Mitt fans! I am making an official request for financial help in order to send members of our hardworking team to CPAC this year. Since we are an independent site and have no financial backers we are left to our own means in order to make this trip. We have two team members Ross and Dave P. who are already attending at their own expense. There are 4 of us who’d like attend but our respective personal finances would not allow for that. Collectively we have put in literally thousands of hours to produce this website, and no team member receives compensation for doing so. Time is something we have, and have sacrificed. Money is something we have not. Will you help us?

If we are able to attend we will do our best to promote Romney for President, promote this site, and provide frequent and interesting updates on CPAC. We will bring our video and still cameras, laptops and our iphones, everything at our disposal to bring you live updates on this site and via Twitter.

It will cost us about $500 per person to attend. That cost includes airfare, hotel, and cost of registration. If there were a little extra we’d also like to throw a little lunch reception to meet with any of our readers who may be attending also. (I highly recommend attending if you are able. I attended last year and had an absolute blast.)

Depending on how much we raise, this is what we will do with the money:

$500 – We send Aaron the stalwart.
$1000 – We send Luke our SEO expert and page manager (He’s got the nice camera, too.)
$1500 – We send dedicated contributor Jared A.
$2012 – I (Nate G.) will attend myself. I have attended before and want to make sure the younger chaps get an opportunity first.
$2300 – We will rent a meeting room and hold a small lunch meet-up where we can train team members and any readers who want to attend.

Anything more than that we will use to bring promotional items such as fliers, button, bumper sticker, and perhaps some of our t-shirts.

Can you help by contributing $100 or more? Even $5 will help. But my favorite is $20.12, just to send a message. Just click the button to donate.

We will run this drive through the day and keep you posted on our progress. Thanks!

Rumors were that he sent actual employees, people who were paid to attend. I don't know that for a fact, but that is what I heard alleged. Maybe we should be checking out the want ads....

seriously, if he is sending staff, it would be interoffice email, and we'd never see it.

Last time some supporters of his got tagged in the media with what they did and they might just be under the wire. We, on the other hand, are making noise here to wake the dead.

Oh, well!

Matt Collins
01-28-2011, 09:59 PM
What about direct e-mails to RomneyPAC and his supporter base from last election? Has anyone seen any e-mails go out there? Is anyone even on any of their e-mail lists?

speciallyblend
01-28-2011, 10:10 PM
Rumors were that he sent actual employees, people who were paid to attend. I don't know that for a fact, but that is what I heard alleged. Maybe we should be checking out the want ads....

seriously, if he is sending staff, it would be interoffice email, and we'd never see it.

Last time some supporters of his got tagged in the media with what they did and they might just be under the wire. We, on the other hand, are making noise here to wake the dead.

Oh, well!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xezd5EDZBhQ

KicK Az_ Video:)

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 10:12 PM
:p

Sentinelrv
01-28-2011, 10:16 PM
I would hope they're telling the truth, but either way, a little scarcity never hurts. This will hopefully make people seriously consider it now.

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2011, 10:25 PM
What about direct e-mails to RomneyPAC and his supporter base from last election? Has anyone seen any e-mails go out there? Is anyone even on any of their e-mail lists?

out of all the ppl here, someone is on his mailing list.

Tinnuhana
01-29-2011, 12:32 AM
Recieved today, so get tickets here if C4L is out:
http://garyjohnsoncpac.eventbrite.com/

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 12:38 AM
Recieved today, so get tickets here if C4L is out:
http://garyjohnsoncpac.eventbrite.com/

They discount the kids but not adults.

Tinnuhana
01-29-2011, 12:39 AM
True. But available for the kids, at least, at good prices.

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 12:41 AM
True. But available for the kids, at least, at good prices.

So they are!

Tinnuhana
01-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Are any of the other likely candidates providing cheap tickets?

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Are any of the other likely candidates providing cheap tickets?

Mittens is deep underground, we haven't seen much. I haven't really been looking for anyone else.

tangent4ronpaul
01-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Mittens is deep underground, we haven't seen much. I haven't really been looking for anyone else.

His book is coming out in paperback on Monday, and I believe he's scheduled to be on 4 TV shows that day.

-t

Agorism
01-29-2011, 12:53 AM

So you personally know?

Tinnuhana
01-29-2011, 01:18 AM
I couldn't open "friend of invisible", but put the others in ExCel. Total to get the rest of them all there: $5775. If some of them can find cheaper modes of travel, that might help. Having trouble copying an intact ExCel sheet into "reply".

Tinnuhana
01-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Maybe we could have an off-line Chip-In pledge here and transfer to the chip-in site when the money's available. That way nobody would have to worry about refunds. Sort of a pledge page. It would have to be quick, but might work. If we knew there were enough people to fund the higher amounts, then those pledging could go to the chip-in site and pay.
Another thing that might work is to have a chat room meet-up publicized to members so everyone could get instant feedback on progress. I know I'm pretty broke right now and don't get a paycheck till next Friday. Can't find my bank card, either. It's somewhere around here...maybe in some clothes in the laundry bag.

invisible
01-29-2011, 02:38 AM
I'd say the smaller ones we can be fairly confident of, not the larger. But couldn't they transfer the ticket to someone else? we have until the 9th of Feb to fill chip ins. Those that only need a couple hundred or so are going to fill. the $3000 dollar one, I'm not so sure. I don't know that that has been verified yet, and it is falling behind the others.

I did send Josh enough info that he should be able to verify easily, hopefully he can do so quickly. So far there are 3 of us that have positive solid confirmation. I should have the first of the additional solid confirmations sometime tomorrow (Sat), and will keep everyone here updated. So far we have one donation of $20, not enough to even get one of us there yet, but I assume people are waiting for Josh to confirm our legitimacy. If we can at least get enough donations for the three of us to go, we'll buy the tix immediately. Crap, I really hope they don't sell out before that can happen! I'd really hate to be in the position of having to refund someone's $20 donation instead of being there to vote for Ron.

TNforPaul45
01-29-2011, 05:36 AM

They have people from RomneyCo working for them and they probably don't know it.

Bergie Bergeron
01-29-2011, 06:15 AM
I did send Josh enough info that he should be able to verify easily, hopefully he can do so quickly. So far there are 3 of us that have positive solid confirmation. I should have the first of the additional solid confirmations sometime tomorrow (Sat), and will keep everyone here updated. So far we have one donation of $20, not enough to even get one of us there yet, but I assume people are waiting for Josh to confirm our legitimacy. If we can at least get enough donations for the three of us to go, we'll buy the tix immediately. Crap, I really hope they don't sell out before that can happen! I'd really hate to be in the position of having to refund someone's $20 donation instead of being there to vote for Ron.
You should give the 20 to another chip-in instead of refunding.

invisible
01-29-2011, 06:31 AM
You should give the 20 to another chip-in instead of refunding.

If a sellout forces us into this sort of position, I'd ask the donor(s) if they preferred a refund, forwarding their donation to Ron (or other good liberty candidate), or another chipin, as your suggestion is a good one (thanks!) However, let's hope that this does not happen, and that Josh can verify things quickly enough for us to get tickets and go!

Baptist
01-29-2011, 09:20 AM
DO we know when Ron is speaking or going to be there?

Kludge
01-29-2011, 09:22 AM
Fri, Feb 11

3:30pm-4:00pm Ron Paul Formal Speech Marriott Ballroom
Come hear Ron Paul's official CPAC speech to thousands of attendees of the conference. Be sure to get there early!

4:30-5:30 Ron Paul Book Signing C4L Booth in the Exhibit Hall
Now's your chance! Bring that book or pocket Constitution for Ron Paul to autograph.

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 10:06 AM

Maybe you should start an initial chip in for the 3 of you and say how much that is. There is a very 'open ended' feeling to the way your chip in is written and I think people don't really know what bang for the buck they are getting. How much is it for 3 people?

MelissaCato
01-29-2011, 10:45 AM
ron paul surge;) this is what i suggest:)

This ^^^ I know when I found out about the deadline to buy the discounted tickets, I went straight to the local Republican Social Clubs in my area and posted on chalk board. I know one member there who bought multiple tickets soon after. I think what will be a problem for these people is most of the people the tickets are bought for are not online, no emails etc. I have this problem now, I bought the 5 tickets put names, city.
, state and phone numbers .. but 4 of the 5 don't have emails. Steve is waiting now till I round up working emails from these folks. I didn't expect every ticket holder had to have an online presence. Hope they all send me their emails by tonight. The people who bought tickets that are from the Repub Club .. I know have the same problem. Just saying.

Jeremy
01-29-2011, 10:51 AM

-t

I think it's because everyone started buying their tickets all at once.

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 10:55 AM
This ^^^ I know when I found out about the deadline to buy the discounted tickets, I went straight to the local Republican Social Clubs in my area and posted on chalk board. I know one member there who bought multiple tickets soon after. I think what will be a problem for these people is most of the people the tickets are bought for are not online, no emails etc. I have this problem now, I bought the 5 tickets put names, city.
, state and phone numbers .. but 4 of the 5 don't have emails. Steve is waiting now till I round up working emails from these folks. I didn't expect every ticket holder had to have an online presence. Hope they all send me their emails by tonight. The people who bought tickets that are from the Repub Club .. I know have the same problem. Just saying.

That's silly. I understand they want emails, but they don't NEED them. That is 'unintended consequences of inflexible regulation......' in case C4L is listening....

If it were me and they were friends I knew well enough to travel with, I would consider making subemails of my own account to get the tickets. I know we are a very online community, but if C4L wants to expand to people who don't use the internet, they have to make that POSSIBLE.

I mean, heck, your friends are welcome to all the snail mail C4L sends me.

MelissaCato
01-29-2011, 11:14 AM
well, if these 4 people don't get back to me with emails by early evening, I'm taking the laptop and going visiting. LOL That way I know Steve has all the info he requested from me, and everything is good to go. Now if those people never use their emails again it's no concern for me ... we still got the 5 votes in for Ron Paul at CPAC 2011 !!!

Bergie Bergeron
01-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Just make them emails accounts and use that ;)

Matt Collins
01-29-2011, 03:25 PM
DO we know when Ron is speaking or going to be there?
The CFL schedule is here:

tangent4ronpaul
01-29-2011, 04:22 PM
That's silly. I understand they want emails, but they don't NEED them. That is 'unintended consequences of inflexible regulation......' in case C4L is listening....

Remember, this is the organization that asked everyone to move from Meetup and join their new site and lost tons of people in so doing. Then they decided they didn't ask people for enough info, so they asked people to register again and lost tons of people in so doing. Then they did this AGAIN! - yes, a third time, and lost still more people!

24% of the US population does not have access to the Internet. If C4L wants to spend money on direct mail, it should be to these people.

Talk about not coagulating your fecal matter!

-t

if you are forced to provide one, get a disposable one yahoo, hotmail, gmail or bmail with a username like: nospam4<myname> or trashbin4<myname> or thisemailisneverreadby<myname> or abandonallhopespamsenthere4<myname>

Or just go with the classic: FUCKc4lSPAM

tangent4ronpaul
01-29-2011, 04:49 PM
The CFL schedule is here:

Here is the whole CPAC schedule:

http://www.conservative.org/cpac/agenda/

There is one sponsored by the committee for the republic at 1p thurs on cutting the pentagon budget conflicts with C4L's 2011 dog and pony show for what they are going to do in 2011.

at 2:30 something on new media activism

at 3pm the leadership inst id doing something on holding elected conservatives accountable

3:15 pop culture - an influence or mirror

4pm - 2 min activists (tea party stuff, looks like)

********* EVENT IN NEED OF PICKETING!!!! ***********
4pm Donald Rumsfeld to receive "Defender of the Constitution" Award.
********* EVENT IN NEED OF PICKETING!!!! ***********

4p - Mind your P's and Q's editing help for young conservative writers

FRIDAY

9a - public attitudes toward security

9:30 cutting spending by the spenders

10a public speaking workshop - leadership inst

11a - Keeping america safe in a changing world - as grover norquist is doing the intro, this should be friendly and not neo-con central

11:30 media training for grassroots activists

11:30 shining light into dark places

ah - tons of stuff... those are just some highlights I noticed the first day and a half. Toss C4L's schedule as it's included in the complete schedule, but you will miss a lot of good stuff if you just have that one.

-t

SteveBierfeldt
01-29-2011, 05:02 PM

If it were me and they were friends I knew well enough to travel with, I would consider making subemails of my own account to get the tickets. I know we are a very online community, but if C4L wants to expand to people who don't use the internet, they have to make that POSSIBLE.

I mean, heck, your friends are welcome to all the snail mail C4L sends me.

Yes I am listening. And yes we do need them. This is how we are able to offer discounted tickets to our members is by collecting the information and getting it to the ACU.

Thank you for your understanding.

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Yes I am listening. And yes we do need them. This is how we are able to offer discounted tickets to our members is by collecting the information and getting it to the ACU.

Thank you for your understanding.

Well, Melissa, that gives you your answer. The ACU needs email addresses. Create disposable ones for your friends and show them how to access them - for the next two weeks. If they REALLY don't use computer, maybe they should let you keep the password, as well, so they actually get whatever is sent there.

MelissaCato
01-29-2011, 05:20 PM
We all good over here. I didn't have to grab the laptop and go visit. They all faithfully set up email accounts in due time ;o) Thank you Steve for your patience.

MelissaCato
01-29-2011, 05:21 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

speciallyblend
01-29-2011, 11:10 PM
Ron Paul 2012 !!

exciting look forward to meeting you melissa!!

speciallyblend
01-30-2011, 09:41 PM
palin