PDA

View Full Version : Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission Report a White Wash

nolanchart
01-28-2011, 03:25 PM
It wasn't hardly even noticed by most news outlets, but I noticed it. The Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission, formed by Congress in May 2009 to investigate the root causes of the financial crisis, issued its final report yesterday. Those news services which covered it at all talked about it in merely partisan terms.

I found that the report is much more telling than the news services acknowledged, and I wrote a detailed article about it which refutes the claims of both the majority report writers (the Democrats) and the minority dissenters (the Republicans) on the commission, point by point. You read my article at my under-construction website: federal-reserve-system.info entitled, "Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission Final Report Raises More Questions Than It Answers" (http://www.federal-reserve-system.info/2011/fcic.php).

The site is only partially done, and many of the links are for pages that haven't been built yet, but I wanted to get this article out there while the timing is still fresh. So please forgive our dust! Eventually, I intend the site to be a complete resource for people who don't understand the Fed and the debt-based monetary system but want to understand it without having to get an advanced degree in economics.

Brian4Liberty
01-28-2011, 03:55 PM
Good stuff! All kinds of whitewashing going on with this Commission.

I have only read the much shorter "Primer on the Financial Crisis Inquiry" by the GOP members. Created a blog entry about it, but didn't talk about the Fed at all. I still need to read the full report...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/entry.php?181-GOP-Primer-on-the-Financial-Crisis-Inquiry-Commission-s-report
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?277086-GOP-Primer-on-the-Financial-Crisis-Inquiry-Commission-s-report

Fox McCloud
01-28-2011, 04:31 PM
Dissenting Point #1: Credit bubble

"Starting in the late 1990s, China, other large developing countries, and the big oil-producing nations built up large capital surpluses. They loaned these savings to the United States and Europe, causing interest rates to fall. Credit spreads narrowed, meaning that the cost of borrowing to finance risky investments declined. A credit bubble formed in the United States and Europe, the most notable manifestation of which was increased investment in high-risk mortgages. U.S. monetary policy may have contributed to the credit bubble but did not cause it."

Wow, I didn't know this is a conclusion the commission came to---this is patently ridiculous and the epitome of "looking elsewhere for blame".

HOLLYWOOD
01-28-2011, 06:34 PM
Phil Angelides was on NPR yesterday spewing his government propaganda.

The chairman was one of the Chief BOOK COOKERS and accomplices on all the PONZI schemes to the crisis in California. From 1999-2007 Phil Angelides was California's State Treasurer. He's also the chairman on the San Francisco Apollo Alliance who wrote a huge portion of the STIMULUS ARRA Act. Good friends with crone Nancy Pelosi.

This country is no different in government theft/operations than those Africa Banana Republics

Brian4Liberty
01-29-2011, 03:05 PM
The chairman was one of the Chief BOOK COOKERS and accomplices on all the PONZI schemes to the crisis in California. From 1999-2007 Phil Angelides was California's State Treasurer. He's also the chairman on the San Francisco Apollo Alliance who wrote a huge portion of the STIMULUS ARRA Act. Good friends with crone Nancy Pelosi.

No doubt. Similar to the 9/11 Commission. And the Vegas Police shooting Inquiries. Does every government commission consist of the people who were responsible, incompetent or otherwise to blame for the situation in the first place? Who thinks that is a good way to do an "inquiry" or investigation?