PDA

View Full Version : Types of Coverage you would like to see on RonPaulRadio.com

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 11:58 AM
I haven't posted in a while and wanted to get your input on the types of things you would like to see on RonPAulRadio.com

Thanks for Responding!

Stealth4
10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
I've stopped listening - coverage was horrible, didnt get anything out of it.

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
I've stopped listening - coverage was horrible, didnt get anything out of it.

Which Segment? What would you have like to heard more of?

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 12:09 PM
I've never listened. The only time I tried was to hear the campaign's press conference a few days ago and of course you guys couldn't get it to work after you started a misleading thread saying that you were going to be airing it :mad:

So that was probably my first and last experience with RPR. I can listen to the music I want to on satellite radio and can watch old Ron Paul speeches on youtube. The only thing I would listen to is live Ron Paul rallies and speeches that aren't being broadcast anywhere else. And even those I can get on youtube later. So I guess I'll have to vote other/indifferent.

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 12:10 PM
I've never listened. The only time I tried was to hear the campaign's press conference a few days ago and of course you guys couldn't get it to work after you started a misleading thread saying that you were going to be airing it :mad:

So that was probably my first and last experience with RPR. I can listen to the music I want to on satellite radio and can watch old Ron Paul speeches on youtube. The only thing I would listen to is live Ron Paul rallies and speeches that aren't being broadcast anywhere else. And even those I can get on youtube later. So I guess I'll have to vote other/indifferent.

HEy thanks for your input! We are starting to gather stronger listenership - but appreciate hardcore supporters input! Thanks!

Matt Collins
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
I would like to see hot female RP supporters.....oh wait a minute... this is radio not TV grrr..

Man from La Mancha
10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
all of the above plus a good static free feed and people that know how to find good interview locations and uses headphones. plus why can't anybody place a low gain wireless mike near the speaker when Ron Talks. Can't the set up be tested and monitored at locations to work properly before going on air? not complaints per say just want it to do better. thanks for all your work.

Taco John
10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Other.

I would like to hear from new and recent converts on how they came across Ron Paul, and what turned them on to the message. I think these kinds of "new convert" interviews would be uplifting to the battle weary Paulites who have been working hard to get these converts.

vauge
10-22-2007, 12:39 PM
I've listened 2x... once was your show. It was pretty good, but felt little redundant after about 30 mins.

However, a "talk radio" approach would be nice. Short *topics* with the ability to call in or provide instant feedback. Chatroom seemed about 2-5 mins delayed. :(

RP commercials and short bump music (instead of full songs) could add to the flow...

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 02:04 PM
I've listened 2x... once was your show. It was pretty good, but felt little redundant after about 30 mins.

However, a "talk radio" approach would be nice. Short *topics* with the ability to call in or provide instant feedback. Chatroom seemed about 2-5 mins delayed. :(

RP commercials and short bump music (instead of full songs) could add to the flow...

Thanks - I'm learning that it takes a lot of work to puttogether content for entire hour (no commercials), let alone two. I'm reducing the music and adding more commentary. Can't really take calls and have it work effectively until we get enough listeners to call in to show to talk about topics

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 02:16 PM
Bump

Danny Molina
10-22-2007, 02:23 PM
All of the above.

Spirit of '76
10-22-2007, 02:53 PM
The Spirit of '76 Radio Show. :D

Danny Molina
10-22-2007, 02:57 PM
Something like Michael Savage would be nice too.

lol j/k :)

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 03:15 PM
Remember Remember..........
the fifth of November
Gunpowder, treason and plot.
I see no reason why gunpowder, treason
Should ever be forgot...

Roxi
10-22-2007, 03:22 PM
i listen quite a bit, i think you guys are doing a GREAT job for non professionals. I agree with the above poster about more commentary maybe have a section of the show dedicated to any of the days crazy news stories about ron paul and de crediting the bad ones by stating facts. people could call in with their comments about the news stories...

also do an interview with a meetup organizer or assistant organizer every week about what makes their group work well, what other groups can do to make things work etc!

I also think a show with TWO dj's at the same time, like the morning radio shows u know the BOB and TOM show etc... would go over well

Suzu
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't think I will ever see any type of coverage on Ron Paul Radio - or any other radio station, for that matter.

As to what type of coverage I would like to hear - well, everything you listed, but with radio buttons in the poll rather than check boxes, I couldn't vote as I wished.

What little I've heard of RPR so far has been... how do I put this gently... way off the charts amateurish.

Danny Molina
10-22-2007, 03:28 PM
It doesn't seem like anyone comes on air with a plan. Like they don't know what they're gonna do besides play music and compliment Ron Paul. Try reading some articles and discussing them with callers, or have some fake interviews, little skits here and there.

Spirit of '76
10-22-2007, 03:30 PM
What little I've heard of RPR so far has been... how do I put this gently... way off the charts amateurish.

Especially when the hosts are fall-down drunk and threatening people...

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Thanks for the input - Wow...Don't be shy guys - I'll report back to the station - we seem to be developing a stronger listenerbase - I wonder what they like?

Bacon
10-22-2007, 04:12 PM
What host was fall down drunk and threatening people?

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 04:15 PM
All of the above in your poll. I also like a couple of the other suggestions given, such as talking about current events or news articles.

I really wish that we'd try to make this as professional as possible. I understand it is grassroots and all, but if Ron Paul's name is going to be attached to the radio show, it seems to me that every effort should be given to at least try to conduct ourselves in a manner in which he would approve.

DjLoTi
10-22-2007, 04:21 PM
I like to think we are more 'real', as 'professional' people seriously come off as fake. Remember, we've only been running for a lil over 2 months, and most of us have never really done anything like this before. However, we have learned a lot, and we want to keep it fun and cool....

We are going to have live video streaming eventually, but if you guys don't like the station, well I mean idk what to say. We try really hard to be good, and by just looking at what we HAVE done is undeniably impressive, especially for people who have *never* done this before -- AKA 'amateurs'

If anyone has a problem with anything on the radio, they should email us, as I can seriously not listen to 18+hours of live streaming every single day. We are *not* getting paid which is unfortunate considering the asset we are to the campaign. We've interviewed Ron Paul over 7 or 8 times, maybe more, and we're always positive and motivated. Who else does something like this?

constituent
10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
RPR is doing great and growing everyday! Stick w/ it folks, and everyone stick with Ron Paul Radio.

To the Grassroots in General:

We can only grow from here, but we have to stick together and remember that
our actions and relations with one another can be helpful or hurtful, always
keep that in mind. Try to encourage one another as often as possible.

If you're concerned with the direction of conversation here do something (and
be wise about doing it) to change the flow... If you're concerned with what you're
hearing on RPR, join in the chat and feedback, PM the host and have them call
and get you on the air.

BE A PART OF IT!!!!!!

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 04:35 PM
Thanks for wieghing in DJ - I posted this thread for customer feedback - but hatin is def. uncool on any grssroots attempt. Thanks guys we'll try and do better - our listership is def. up so we must be doing something right.....

DjLoTi
10-22-2007, 04:39 PM
constituent is totally right. If you guys want it better, get involved! We are open-minded and good-natured people. RPR is for YOU to get involved, we're not here to be your ultimate source for entertainment, we're here to get RON PAUL ELECTED... lol. So... If we can use the radio to keep the energy levels high and let people know what's going on .... then I say hell yeah. :)

Roxi
10-22-2007, 05:01 PM
hey what song is that right now???

DjLoTi
10-22-2007, 05:04 PM
I think it's NIN - - You can find out in the chat :)

Also hey I didn't really say thanks to all the people making it a big success. I guess it was kind of a bummer to see all these people like, "W0W wat NEWBS totally lame w/e they sux0r"

na but there's lots of people who are really down with what we do :)

And my first reaction was, if you think you can do better, then sign up for a show ! lol... but... idk w/e.

:)

Roxi
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
I think it's NIN - - You can find out in the chat :)

Also hey I didn't really say thanks to all the people making it a big success. I guess it was kind of a bummer to see all these people like, "W0W wat NEWBS totally lame w/e they sux0r"

na but there's lots of people who are really down with what we do :)

And my first reaction was, if you think you can do better, then sign up for a show ! lol... but... idk w/e.

:)

no no the song right before NIN

FINE im going in the chat

DjLoTi
10-22-2007, 05:05 PM
:D :)

mdh
10-22-2007, 05:37 PM
The Spirit of '76 Radio Show. :D

I offered! Just let us know what timeslot you want.

As far as the professional vs. amateur thing goes, one thing you guys have to realize is that professionals are getting paid, volunteers are not. Professionals also have professional equipment, volunteers do not. Ron Paul Radio is happy to accept donations towards professional equipment so that we can sound more professional.

One person mentioned that it seems like some hosts don't have a plan when they go on the air. I always do. Unfortunately my audio quality isn't that good (cheapo onboard sound card) so that messes my show up just a bit. I generally try to pick 4-5 topics for a show a few days beforehand, and they get posted on my host blog at http://mdh.ronpaulradio.com/ for people to check out so that folks can be sure to tune in if they are really interested in something. :)

mdh
10-22-2007, 05:40 PM
Especially when the hosts are fall-down drunk and threatening people...

Woah woah woah... who has been fall-down drunk and threatening people?

If you're referring to that Chip guy, please refer back to that thread for the real story.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25519&page=7

katao
10-22-2007, 05:45 PM
What ever happened to podcasts of the shows? They were promised a while back... I can't usually listen live, but would love to download and listen later.

mdh
10-22-2007, 05:57 PM
What ever happened to podcasts of the shows? They were promised a while back... I can't usually listen live, but would love to download and listen later.

It's on the list of things to do. We need to get the archives system working first, and then I can RSS the archives into podcasts pretty easily.

Spirit of '76
10-22-2007, 06:05 PM
I offered! Just let us know what timeslot you want.

I've been thinking about it. Looks like the best timeslots are taken already, though.

Maybe Tuesday/Thursday 10:00pm.

Did we ever figure out a software solution?

Woah woah woah... who has been fall-down drunk and threatening people?

If you're referring to that Chip guy, please refer back to that thread for the real story.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25519&page=7

Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I must say, though, that other hosts have been pretty damned drunk, even if they weren't threatening anyone. ;)

DjLoTi
10-22-2007, 06:08 PM
If you want a timeslot that someone else already has, you can always talk to them and see if you can switch or something :) :D

ghemminger
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks for all the input - How do I close this poll?

jumpyg1258
10-25-2007, 03:04 PM
I tried listening to that station once, the guy talking was higher than mt. everest and it was pretty stupid. Havent been back.

Non_Serviam
10-25-2007, 04:02 PM
Interesting commentary, I suppose. And yeah, amateurs who have never done radio can... sound amateurish on the radio?

We're workin' on it.

Tune in tonight and watch tangoland kick ass w/ live coverage. He's one of our most professional so far.

ghemminger
12-07-2007, 02:00 PM
Want to try and resurect this thread and get more marketing input for the station - thanks.

Also - if you have a grassroots Event or Promo - PM me and I'll get you on the air PRONTO!