PDA

View Full Version : CPAC -- Question

bodes
01-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Coincidentally I am visiting DC but not arriving until the 11th around 5pm. Would love to come support Ron Paul but I think I will miss the straw poll. Should I still attend, is there anything else I could do to contribute?

If someone was interested in donating I could perhaps pay extra to modify my ticket arrival date. Not looking for a handout, just not sure I will be able to afford it at this point in time.

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 10:15 AM
How much do you need to arrive either Thursday in the afternoon or Friday before noon?

Jeremy
01-28-2011, 10:19 AM
Voting will definitely be closed by then.

Jeremy
01-28-2011, 10:22 AM
Anyway, it depends what you want to see. Here are the C4L related events: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 10:32 AM
Voting will definitely be closed by then.

Actually, CPAC says both voting and registration (their more expensive version) will be open until 8 pm. The problem is that last time it closed mid morning, despite that, and the same sort of early closure at SRLC kept some RP supporters from registering and voting there -- where Ron lost by only one vote. You'd be taking a risk, and if a chip in or effort (like if you are driving anyhow) would get you there earlier, you should try it. To get the discounted ticket you would need to buy by the 30th though, so you will need to do it soon.. Go to the chip in threads for the sorts of things people are posting to verify they are Ron Paul supporters (since you are a new member). Is there anyone here who can vouch for you? Facebook stuff? Etc.

Otherwise if you CANNOT change your schedule you can try going immediately there before checking in whereever you are going, and if voting is still open, registering and voting. You will need to pay the full price though at $145 instead of the current $89 discount price unless you can work something out with C4L then, because the badges THEY hand out stop being handed out at 10 a.m. on Friday (and you need to buy them on the internet by Jan 30 at 11:59). They say no exceptions. Their staff might be busy with events Friday, given that Ron is speaking that day (at 3 pm. Why was it you weren't coming in earlier, again?)

bodes
01-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Actually, CPAC says both voting and registration (their more expensive version) will be open until 8 pm. The problem is that last time it closed mid morning, despite that, and the same sort of early closure at SRLC kept some RP supporters from registering and voting there -- where Ron lost by only one vote. You'd be taking a risk, and if a chip in or effort (like if you are driving anyhow) would get you there earlier, you should try it. To get the discounted ticket you would need to buy by the 30th though, so you will need to do it soon.. Go to the chip in threads for the sorts of things people are posting to verify they are Ron Paul supporters (since you are a new member). Is there anyone here who can vouch for you? Facebook stuff? Etc.

Otherwise if you CANNOT change your schedule you can try going immediately there before checking in whereever you are going, and if voting is still open, registering and voting. You will need to pay the full price though at $145 instead of the current $89 discount price unless you can work something out with C4L then, because the badges THEY hand out stop being handed out at 10 a.m. on Friday (and you need to buy them on the internet by Jan 30 at 11:59). They say no exceptions. Their staff might be busy with events Friday, given that Ron is speaking that day (at 3 pm. Why was it you weren't coming in earlier, again?)

Thanks for the information. The reason I am arriving when I am is because this trip was scheduled a long time ago (Girlfriend lives in DC) , and coincidentally I recently learned of CPAC lining up with it.

There are things I can link to illustrate my support for Campaign For Liberty / Ron Paul -- I am currently a C4L community leader for my district. I am going to discuss with my girlfriend potentially modifying my ticket to arrive sooner and I will respond to those offering help with specifics on how much that will cost me.

Thanks for all the information so far guys

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Thanks for the information. The reason I am arriving when I am is because this trip was scheduled a long time ago (Girlfriend lives in DC) , and coincidentally I recently learned of CPAC lining up with it.

There are things I can link to illustrate my support for Campaign For Liberty / Ron Paul -- I am currently a C4L community leader for my district. I am going to discuss with my girlfriend potentially modifying my ticket to arrive sooner and I will respond to those offering help with specifics on how much that will cost me.

Thanks for all the information so far guys

Even C4L is open to pick up a ticket until 10 a.m. Friday. I say that because you might want to get the tickets first. we are running up against the tickets running out, and since you could use it before 10 a.m. Friday, in any event, you would probably want to do that, even if your chip in didn't fill by the time the tickets ran out. We were warned yesterday that they are starting to run out and may not even have them through tomorrow at the discounted rates.

from C4L's website:

Thursday, February 10
9:00am-5:00pm Registration
Individuals may pick up their registration badges at Campaign for Liberty's booth in the Exhibition Hall. Remember that on Thursday, registration badges will only be distributed between 9am and 5pm. (No exceptions)
1:00-2:00pm "Campaign for Liberty: What's in Store for 2011" Maryland Ballroom
Join Campaign for liberty as we unveil our presence at CPAC, cover the important issues of the day and announce our plans for the upcoming year.
2:00pm-3:00pm "Rollback: Repealing Big Government" w/Tom Woods Maryland Ballroom
Dr. Thomas Woods will be discussing his newest book, Rollback: Repealing Big Government Before the Coming Fiscal Collapse.
3:45pm-4:15pm Rand Paul Formal Speech Marriott Ballroom
Come hear Senator Rand Paul's official speech to thousands of attendees of the conference.
4:30pm-5:15pm Tom Woods Book Signing: Rollback C4L Booth in the Exhibition Hall
Dr. Thomas Woods will be signing autographs for his newest book, Rollback,arriving just in time for CPAC.
6:30pm-8:00 Sponsor's Reception Wilson Ballroom
A private reception held for our generous sponsors to Campaign for Liberty's events at CPAC. This event includes appetizers, host bar and guaranteed front row seating at our Liberty Forum to follow.

Please note this is a stand alone event and does not include a ticket to CPAC. You may purchase a ticket via our registration page.

Our list of invited guests include: Ron Paul, Rand Paul, Tom Woods, Campaign for Liberty President John Tate and more to be announced!
8:00pm-8:30pm YAL Presents: "The American Dream" Film Thurgood Marshall Ballroom North/West
Director Tad Lumpkin will host an exclusive showing of his latest project, "The American Dream Film," tackling the Federal Reserve. . Sponsored by Young Americans for Liberty
8:30pm-10:00pm Liberty Forum Thurgood Marshall Ballroom North/West
Don't miss what will be the event at CPAC that will have EVERYONE talking. Ron Paul and Rand Paul will speak on issues of life, liberty, and restoring our Constitution. This "Meet the Press" style discussion will be hosted by Tom Woods. This personal format grants you an inside look into the thoughts of the freedom movement's biggest stars.

Seating is extremely limited and first preference is given to those who have a CPAC ticket. Buy yours today!

Friday, February 11
8:00am-10:00am Registration
Individuals may pick up their registration badges at Campaign for Liberty's booth in the Exhibition Hall. Remember that on Friday, registration badges will only be distributed between 8am and 10am. (No exceptions)

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

MelissaCato
01-30-2011, 01:09 PM
I think the vote is most important. Beings I think that, I dunno, I'm getting a little worried over here about taking the metro and those bed bugs. LOL I think maybe we just go for Thursday, pay for all day parking close to CPAC somewhere then drive home that night. I dunno yet. My dad is really concerned I'm even going to a big city. In fact he's prolly mad. He wouldn't let my mom go .. darn it. I hope this is a safe and fun trip for us. Ron Paul 2012 !!