PDA

View Full Version : We need to Imed. begin calling voters in NH, IOWA, SC! Where are the lists?

Dave Wood
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
It is beginning to get cold out there and more people will be reachable by telephone.

The earlier we start, the fewer calls have to be made per week by any given supporter. It will feel like less work and we have Thanksgiving to deal with as well.

We need to set up a system immediately to call registered republicans and independents in NH.

Iowa and South Carolina should be handled differently Imo. The Iowa and SC offices should offer to all groups a plan of attack and approach to their more delicate voting populaces so we can show a coordinated, compassionate, and informed front VS. the autobot machine phone calls they receive from other GOP candidates.

Remember Rove is most likely working out there setting up his trademark "Push polling" so the sooner they receive a personnel call from an informed and courteous RP supporter, the better the chances are of avoiding closed minds.

NH is one of those states where it is more like anything goes and people are much more reluctant to have their mind made up be someones push poll. I dont think people up there mind talking to someone with a southern accent either. I think it is just the opposite. They would love to hear from someone with a gentle southern draw.

They dont care for yankees too much in SC but the state has a large population of transplants from the northeast so its kinda hard to tell.

We are having a tough time in Iowa from what I have heard so it is important to have a plan for those calls.

Is there a plan for these calls that I have missed? I havent heard or read anything regarding this anywhere. :o

jgmaynard
10-22-2007, 12:15 PM
They dont care for yankees too much in SC

Hey! We HATE the Yankees here in NH - It's Red Sox land............. errrrrrr. Oh. You meant northerners. :D

I'm pretty sure the NH meetup group has a large list of phone numbers, do they not?

JM

njandrewg
10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
probably should focus on NH more than Iowa or SC...especially if NH is going to be December 11th

texasbelle
10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
I dont think people up there mind talking to someone with a southern accent either. I think it is just the opposite. They would love to hear from someone with a gentle southern draw.
:o

I would make some calls. I hope they dont mind a southern accent because i am cursed/blessed with one!! How do we get a list of numbers to call????

Dave Wood
10-22-2007, 01:11 PM
I would make some calls. I hope they dont mind a southern accent because i am cursed/blessed with one!! How do we get a list of numbers to call????

I am SURE there is NO problem receiving a call from a TEXASBELLE with a draw:D:D

I am trying to get this thread going to find out where to get lists this time and what the script/plan is if any.

Hopefully someone in the evening crowd will have an answer and get this show on the road. :)

jasonhlasvegas2008
10-22-2007, 01:52 PM
I have a Nevada list ready for you. In fact, it can be publicly accessed by anyone. One of our brilliant meetup group members designed it. If you are interested let me know and I will send it to you.

He's working on a systematic way of updating the system once you finish making a phone call.

orenbus
10-22-2007, 02:11 PM
how can we get the NH voter list?

LibertyEagle
10-22-2007, 02:39 PM
When this was talked about before, some New Hampshire folks said it was a bad idea. They said NH people didn't like to receive phone calls/letters from out-of-state folks about politics.

We'd better check this out with at least the NH Meetup organizers, before we spend very much time on this.