PDA

View Full Version : WHAT! Obama: Drug Legalization Worth A Serious Debate

trey4sports
01-28-2011, 09:32 AM
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/27/obama-drug-legalization-debate_n_815074.html

can't believe it

muzzled dogg
01-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I would post a Peter tosh YouTube but I'm on an iPhone and u know how this damn app is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HcXcYlF3_0&feature=youtube_gdata_player

???

RM918
01-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I know he's lying because his lips are moving.

Madly_Sane
01-28-2011, 09:48 AM

+1

TexanRudeBoy
01-28-2011, 09:53 AM
Yeah just like there wasn't going to be Telco immunity, Gitmo was closing, indefinite detention was stopping, rendition was ending, we were pulling out of Iraq, etc.............

Brett85
01-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Maybe he should tell that to Eric Holder.

Fredom101
01-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Obama is all talk. Remember getting all troops out of Iraq by May 2010? Remember government transparency? Obama wants to be on record has having started the discussion, even though libertarians have been talking about this for 40 years. Obama will never do anything about the insane war on drugs, which is affecting people in all corners or our country and beyond. I wish I were wrong about this.

Romulus
01-28-2011, 12:39 PM

LOLzzz

Bruno
01-28-2011, 12:40 PM
Don't believe a serious debate will actually be a serious debate. Dog and pony show to justify 10 more years of the failed Drug War. "Can't quit now. What message would that send to "the children"?

sevin
01-28-2011, 01:22 PM
n/m

Romulus
01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Don't believe a serious debate will actually be a serious debate. Dog and pony show to justify 10 more years of the failed Drug War. "Can't quit now. What message would that send to "the children"?

We are winning! We can't quit now! We are not going to turn tale and run and take our marching orders from the drug dealers!

sound familiar?

Maybe that what he meant by a serious debate. He seriously supports the drug war.

MRK
01-28-2011, 01:51 PM
"I think this is a entirely legitimate topic for debate," he said. "I am not in favor of legalization."

So Obama said a topic is legitimate for debate? What topic ISN'T legitimate for debate? I believe it's wrong to assume any topic is beyond debate.

I think the Huffington Post columnist is just trying to make something out of nothing when he says "Still, it's historic that the president of the United States is finally saying that legalizing and regulating drugs is a topic worthy of discussion." Who cares if he is the first to say a set of empty words. He even proved how empty they are with his next line: "I am not in favor of legalization."

Sola_Fide
01-28-2011, 02:03 PM
Everyone move along.

Nothing to see here...

Romulus
01-28-2011, 06:46 PM
"I think this is a entirely legitimate topic for debate," he said. "I am not in favor of legalization."

So Obama said a topic is legitimate for debate? What topic ISN'T legitimate for debate? I believe it's wrong to assume any topic is beyond debate.

I think the Huffington Post columnist is just trying to make something out of nothing when he says "Still, it's historic that the president of the United States is finally saying that legalizing and regulating drugs is a topic worthy of discussion." Who cares if he is the first to say a set of empty words. He even proved how empty they are with his next line: "I am not in favor of legalization."

Exactly.. Obama is a master wordsmith. I swear he's either an alien or a CIA test tube baby or both.

surf
01-28-2011, 07:44 PM
what a pansy-ass fucking answer.

i love the question though. LEAP is as good an organization for ending the drug war as any.