PDA

View Full Version : Want to see Obama's birth records? Hawaii lawmakers want to charge $100 for access

qh4dotcom
01-28-2011, 12:54 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110127/ap_on_re_us/us_obama_birth_certificate_1

Its primary sponsor, Rep. Rida Cabanilla, says she wants to end the controversy surrounding Obama's birth by handing over official state records to those who will pay.
She says the fee would help offset the extra work by state employees who handle frequent phone calls and e-mails from people who believe Obama wasn't born in Hawaii.

Hmmm the Hawaii governor has already admitted Obama's birth records don't exist and now the lawmakers want to charge $100 for access to birth records that don't exist

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvrb7YqdvxE

Kludge
01-28-2011, 01:10 AM
A paper-pusher said Obama's records don't exist. The HI gov. said it would be illegal to release them without Obama's consent.

"A celebrity journalist made a shocking claim recently that the governor of Hawaii said there is no Obama birth certificate - but now says he was misunderstood." [src (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/01/27/2011-01-27_journalist_i_never_spoke_with_hawaiis_gov_about _obamas_birth_certificate.html#ixzz1CJNDITGP)]

"Lawmakers sponsoring the bill say they'll need to clear confidentiality hurdles since state law prohibits Department of Health disclosure of any information about a Hawaii vital record unless the requestor has a “direct and tangible interest in the record.”

"We're hoping to work with our legal department, the Attorney General's office, for an opinion to see if we can craft something which will justify that it is true, Barack Obama was born in Hawaii, and will have the state seal to certify that,” Mizuno said. “Something very generic but won't violate any federal or state law."" [src (http://www.khon2.com/news/local/story/Lawmakers-see-fundraising-through-Obama-birther/emN79jSdREurAa8udYyejw.cspx)]

An interesting scam, for sure.

qh4dotcom
01-28-2011, 01:14 AM
A paper-pusher said Obama's records don't exist. The HI gov. said it would be illegal to release them without Obama's consent.

True but these lawmakers want the law to be changed so it's no longer illegal and they can charge $100 for the non-existing records

Five Hawaii Democratic representatives want to pass a law making President Barack Obama's birth records public and charge $100 to see them.
The bill, introduced this week, would change a privacy law barring the release of birth records to anyone unless they have a tangible interest.

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 01:22 AM
First I understand there aren't any except the short form which has been posted on the internet, so why pay?

Second, much as I think the President should want to make this info available, I don't think the Secty of State should give out private info. The President (every president) should do it.

Kludge
01-28-2011, 01:25 AM
First I understand there aren't any except the short form which has been posted on the internet, so why pay?

Because the $100 document will have the HI state seal so you know it's true. :p

qh4dotcom
01-28-2011, 08:59 PM
Because the $100 document will have the HI state seal so you know it's true. :p

Will the $100 document have a hospital name and a doctor's name?

oyarde
01-28-2011, 09:02 PM
$100 ? That is hilarious .

Valli6
01-28-2011, 09:56 PM
They can get a trailer and take it around to fairs and carnivals around the country, like a 2-headed cow or Ed Gien's car! :D People will line up and pay to have a look at it!

oyarde
01-28-2011, 09:58 PM
They can get a trailer and take it around to fairs and carnivals around the country, like a 2-headed cow or Ed Gien's car! :D People will line up and pay to have a look at it!

Yep.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-28-2011, 10:01 PM
Hawaii is shooting too low. They should have charged $10,000 for the same thing you can see on the internet, but not really let that be known, and then kicked back and waited for the WorldNetDaily 'fundraiser to see the birth certificate!' to pay off.

tangent4ronpaul
01-28-2011, 10:32 PM

Because really, really good forgers are not cheap.