PDA

View Full Version : Help for 3 from West Kentucky??

ChristinaJade
01-27-2011, 11:48 PM
[ENDED]

Hi, all! I started this chip-in to help 3 of us from western Kentucky get to CPAC...would appreciate any help very much, as I just simply cannot afford the trip. If this is filled I can bring 2 more to room with me, and that's 3 more votes for Ron Paul!!

Everyone knows the economy stinks, and I had to close my small business last year. Even more good news? My car blew up (ok, not literally, the motor) last week after putting over 13K miles on it last year traveling west KY. I would love to be able to go to CPAC...so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

http://christinajade.chipin.com/cpac

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 12:11 AM
I will have a partner going with me, so this chip-in will be for 2 people to go from west KY! Thanks!

That's what it says in the chip-in but here you say 3 people?

TheDriver
01-28-2011, 12:23 AM
Hi, all! I started this chip-in to help 3 of us from western Kentucky get to CPAC...would appreciate any help very much, as I just simply cannot afford the trip. If this is filled I can bring 2 more to room with me, and that's 3 more votes for Ron Paul!!

Everyone knows the economy stinks, and I had to close my small business last year. Even more good news? My car blew up (ok, not literally, the motor) last week after putting over 13K miles on it last year traveling west KY. I would love to be able to go to CPAC...so any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!!

Hmmm. I've got a fast car (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Orv_F2HV4gk). (I'm heading out of southern KY solo (at this point) assuming I go.

ChristinaJade
01-28-2011, 12:36 AM
There will be 2 for sure if this is filled, and perhaps a third - if their work schedule allows. :) (It's one of those "yes, I'm going, well, maybe" kind of things at this point.)

ChristinaJade
01-28-2011, 12:40 AM
Perhaps we could work out a carpool if we can all make it? :)

TheDriver
01-28-2011, 12:47 AM
Perhaps we could work out a carpool if we can all make it? :)

I've got the car covered, it's all the overhead expenses I'm a little squeamish about. And I don't want to drive all that way by myself, for sure. And DC traffic and parking, lol.

JoshLowry
01-28-2011, 12:48 AM
One of my close family friends told me I shouldn't have even rented a car.

Supposedly they have a metro subway system that takes autos out of the equation.

Dunno how true that is though.

TheDriver
01-28-2011, 12:50 AM
Supposedly they have a metro subway system that takes autos out of the equation.

Yes, you can travel around town on the subway, just don't get lost.

Cherder
01-28-2011, 12:54 AM
Just stay off of the green line south of Navy Yard and you'll be fine. The DC Metro system is incredibly easy to use.

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 01:17 AM
Just stay off of the green line south of Navy Yard and you'll be fine. The DC Metro system is incredibly easy to use.

this^^ assuming you are ON it. Which you have to make sure you are. It will be a lot cheaper to be on a subway line a ways out from the city. I understand you want to be on the red line. In fact the hotels YAL posted were according to proximity to the red line.

Days Inn Silver Spring: $76/night; adjacent to the Red Line, which is also the line to get to CPAC http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com...8&e=24268d41f1
Motel 6 Washington DC: $54/night; Red Line adjacent http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com...f&e=24268d41f1
Travelodge Alexandria: $59/night; Blue Line adjacent, requires one transfer to get to CPAC http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com...f&e=24268d41f1
Silver Spring Travelodge: $50/night; Red Line adjacent http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=f9141cfc03&e= 24268d41f1
Also search at Airbnb, which indexes a number of inexpensive (but often really nice) alternative housing options

Note, someone said that motel 6 has a rotten reputation. So, as I suggested, stay out of the city for lodging.

MRoCkEd
01-28-2011, 05:50 AM
I've got the car covered, it's all the overhead expenses I'm a little squeamish about. And I don't want to drive all that way by myself, for sure. And DC traffic and parking, lol.
We'd be happy to fill a chipin for the expenses of 3-4 people driving in!

Thomas
01-28-2011, 06:18 AM
christinajade and the driver are the real deal, let's get this filled!

TheTyke
01-28-2011, 06:22 AM
Yes they are definitely the real deal! Couldn't ask for better folks!

Also, we'll have 2 vehicles going out of central-ish KY, one to CFL lodgings and one to Fairfax - PM me if anyone needs a ride.

ChristinaJade
01-28-2011, 07:27 AM
christinajade and the driver are the real deal, let's get this filled!

Thanks!! All help is GREATLY appreciated!

ChristinaJade
01-28-2011, 07:28 AM
Yes they are definitely the real deal! Couldn't ask for better folks!

Also, we'll have 2 vehicles going out of central-ish KY, one to CFL lodgings and one to Fairfax - PM me if anyone needs a ride.

Thanks!! How many do we have going from KY??

TomtheTinker
01-28-2011, 09:35 AM
bumb

Gage
01-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Bump.

TheTyke
01-28-2011, 05:11 PM
ChristinaJade is someone who made monumental efforts to get Rand Paul elected from the earliest of days, was very effective, and has been promoting Ron the whole time as well. Hope this fills up...

I haven't been able to help fund anyone because it's all I can do to afford my own trip. However, I am incredibly thankful to the kind souls who are making these trips happen with their generosity!!! There's not much time left, but seeing everyone helping out reminds me how I got motivated to get active in 2007. :D

Matt Collins
01-28-2011, 05:37 PM
I endorse Christian Jade - she worked her butt off for Rand Paul in KY!

Please donate to her too!

Matt Collins
01-28-2011, 05:49 PM
One of my close family friends told me I shouldn't have even rented a car.

Yeah dude, ditch your car for real. It'll save you money!

Driving in that place is pure hell, plus you'll never find a parking spot, and when you do, it'll be $35/day.

The Metro (subway) will take you wherever you want to go. I've been to DC like 4 or 5 times and it is the cheapest most effective way to move around the city (bring warm clothes for walking to/from the Metro stations though). Also it's cheap, like $3 or less to go across town. And when the subway is closed, after midnight
you can take a cab and they are cheap too.

yatez112
01-28-2011, 06:01 PM
I'm new to these Chip-ins...so is the $929 for each person going with you, or is that for two people so far? I'm from KY and would be going if it weren't for work...Didn't think it was that expensive! :eek:

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm new to these Chip-ins...so is the $929 for each person going with you, or is that for two people so far? I'm from KY and would be going if it weren't for work...Didn't think it was that expensive! :eek:

The total is for 3 people. I hope to see the goal reduced here due to coordination with others

Onward

1/29/2011
Receipt ID fad1847c28d9a240
Paid By: Michael Maresco
For: CPAC
Method: PayPal
Total: $20.00

ChristinaJade
01-29-2011, 01:27 AM
1/29/2011
receipt id fad1847c28d9a240
paid by: Michael maresco
for: Cpac
method: Paypal
total: $20.00

thank you!!!!

CaseyJones
01-29-2011, 10:55 AM
bump

Scottj88
01-29-2011, 11:04 AM
Let's get some more people, we are talking about helping a revolution occur...

Your contribution to CPAC has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: CPAC
ChipIn Event Organizer: christina peterson
Contribution Amount: $30.00
Contribution Date: January 29, 2011 4:55 PM UTC

civusamericanus
01-29-2011, 01:44 PM
Good luck and thanks for everything you've done for liberty! Also thank, Bergie Bergeron for the donation suggestion!

1/29/2011
Receipt ID 4fabc415293d64ee
Total: $25.00

ChristinaJade
01-29-2011, 01:45 PM
Let's get some more people, we are talking about helping a revolution occur...

Your contribution to CPAC has been processed via PayPal:

ChipIn Event Title: CPAC
ChipIn Event Organizer: christina peterson
Contribution Amount: $30.00
Contribution Date: January 29, 2011 4:55 PM UTC

Thank you!!

civusamericanus
01-30-2011, 11:42 AM
Come on people help out with any amount you can! This is for 3 votes! Besides the fact we're trying to send a small business owner, who has a story to tell about losing their small business, in this horrible economy. They didn't get a bailout, like bank of America! Let's get http://christinajade.chipin.com/cpac to CPAC. It's stories like hers that will help us win!

ChristinaJade
01-30-2011, 02:57 PM
I'm hoping that we will be able to have enough for travel expenses...if that goal isn't reached by 11 pm cst tonight (when I can purchase the tickets) then all monies will be refunded. HELP US GET THERE! I don't want to purchase the tickets before tonight's deadline and then not have the money to go. I couldn't afford to refund the money donated for the tickets, and I want to "do right" by those so graciously helping out!! THANKS!!

ChristinaJade
01-30-2011, 05:12 PM

I'm leaning towards the Days at Silver Springs..heard good things about that one...and it's adjacent to the red line.

ronpaulhawaii
01-30-2011, 06:34 PM
bump

civusamericanus
01-30-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm hoping that we will be able to have enough for travel expenses...if that goal isn't reached by 11 pm cst tonight (when I can purchase the tickets) then all monies will be refunded. HELP US GET THERE! I don't want to purchase the tickets before tonight's deadline and then not have the money to go. I couldn't afford to refund the money donated for the tickets, and I want to "do right" by those so graciously helping out!! THANKS!!
We have 10 days to collect the monies you need for the trip. I'm chipped out this week, but I will be able to chip-in more near the end of next week. I know we can get the support you need before you have to leave! We need stories like yours of small businesses that had to close their doors, because of Washington playing games with the markets! Essentially destroying the small business, and padding the pockets of big business. Main street didn't get these loans, Wallstreet did! Help get ChristinaJade to Washington DC!!! Chip-in now!

TheTyke
01-30-2011, 08:09 PM

Anyone else find it amusing that someone named TheDriver wants someone else to do the driving? :P

In seriousness... really hope we can get these chipins filled. We need to become wealthy so initiatives like this can proceed more smoothly and make sure to have maximum representation at this events! (Since apparently our billionaire is late)

PermanentSleep
01-30-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks!! How many do we have going from KY??

I am!

ChristinaJade
01-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Ticket bought - now...let's get us there!! :)

Austin
01-31-2011, 12:31 AM
double post

Austin
01-31-2011, 12:33 AM
How much more do you need? Also, have you confirmed the 3rd person?

ChristinaJade
01-31-2011, 07:25 AM
How much more do you need? Also, have you confirmed the 3rd person?

Won't know about the third until later this week, the work schedule situation :/

Pulled the cost of the ticket from the chip-in, so paypal is way down from that. Lodging is going to be around 300ish, and gas to get there... checked into flights on a suggestion and WOW! No way, too much money there!

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2011, 08:19 AM
Won't know about the third until later this week, the work schedule situation :/

Pulled the cost of the ticket from the chip-in, so paypal is way down from that. Lodging is going to be around 300ish, and gas to get there... checked into flights on a suggestion and WOW! No way, too much money there!

OK, so you have bought your ticket? If so, good.

I'd recommend coming up with a number. "ish" doesn't really work around here and I think the lack of a goal on your chip-in is a large reason why it is not filled. The ones who got filled quickly were clearly presented, cost effective, and more "interactive"...

ChristinaJade
01-31-2011, 09:25 AM
OK, so you have bought your ticket? If so, good.

I'd recommend coming up with a number. "ish" doesn't really work around here and I think the lack of a goal on your chip-in is a large reason why it is not filled. The ones who got filled quickly were clearly presented, cost effective, and more "interactive"...

I had a goal on there and was advised to remove it :/

The hotel (Days Inn silver Spring) is going to be $264, then the cost of fuel, which if all goes well with the carpool situation should be in the $75 range. I am not aware of the cost of food, I will be taking some things with me for in the room, to save on costs :)

ChristinaJade
01-31-2011, 09:28 AM
By "not aware" I mean that I don't know how expensive lunch at CPAC will be, just for clarification. :) It's been almost 20 years since I've been to DC...

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2011, 09:43 AM
I had a goal on there and was advised to remove it :/

The hotel (Days Inn silver Spring) is going to be $264, then the cost of fuel, which if all goes well with the carpool situation should be in the $75 range. I am not aware of the cost of food, I will be taking some things with me for in the room, to save on costs :)

I think the suggestion was to revise your goal on the chip-in, not remove it... All good though, and I know this all ain't easy. Your goal now looks to be about $350-400... That is much more palatable to the majority of donors...

And maybe :collins: can post your effort on his FaceBook wall and give you some LOV3 :D

Gage
01-31-2011, 09:55 AM
By "not aware" I mean that I don't know how expensive lunch at CPAC will be, just for clarification. :) It's been almost 20 years since I've been to DC...

Lunch suggestion:

http://www.stamp.umd.edu/images/mcdonalds.jpg

Tink
01-31-2011, 10:09 AM
Sent in my last few bucks, GOOD LUCK!

civusamericanus
01-31-2011, 10:10 AM
You're getting closer to your goal!

ChristinaJade
01-31-2011, 12:45 PM
sent in my last few bucks, good luck!

thanks!!! :)

civusamericanus
01-31-2011, 03:28 PM
Get this Chip-In Filled! Christina already has her tickets, and just needs a little assistance! We have plenty of students going, let's make sure we get a liberty minded single mom, who's ran her own business and struggled with this economy, representing us at CPAC! Make it happen, whatever you can spare, help her out!

We claim not to need social welfare and assistance from the government, because people and communities will step up to help those in need, let's show them how we do it!

Thomas
02-03-2011, 05:09 PM
time is almost out people!

Zack
02-04-2011, 10:43 PM
bump and I threw in 50.00 from my chipin I don't need cause I have to miss Saturday, w00t

civusamericanus
02-05-2011, 12:49 AM
Sweet Zack! Glad to see others with Chip-ins helping out when they can! With over 26000 total RPF members, and with over 1000 who have used the RPF forums in the last 30 days, you'd think we'd be able to help everyone reach their goals. RPF members need to make a statement, by making sure we get everyone who is able to go, gets to CPAC! Make it happen people!

2/5/2011
Receipt ID 2f2dc4a609531dce
Total: $50.00

KCIndy
02-05-2011, 11:38 PM
$25 Bump... Hope it's not too late.

C'mon, everyone - how about just nine or ten more people kicking in $25? :)

KCIndy
02-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Bump??

civusamericanus
02-06-2011, 12:34 PM
$25 Bump... Hope it's not too late.

C'mon, everyone - how about just nine or ten more people kicking in $25? :)
It's not too late, Cristina's Chip-In doesn't end until March-4th, but she might not be able to go if she doesn't have enough before CPAC! She did however purchase the discounted tickets in time :) So please chip-in whatever you can!

KCIndy
02-06-2011, 02:03 PM
It's not too late, Cristina's Chip-In doesn't end until March-4th, but she might not be able to go if she doesn't have enough before CPAC! She did however purchase the discounted tickets in time :) So please chip-in whatever you can!

Glad it's not too late.

BUMP for a few more donors. Anyone? Anyone?

civusamericanus
02-06-2011, 02:40 PM
Glad it's not too late.

BUMP for a few more donors. Anyone? Anyone?

Christina is down to $199 needed for CPAC, please help out ASAP! Time is running out!

Ron Paul needs our votes if we're going to convince him to run for 2012, otherwise, we have to wait until 2016 for Rand, by then a gallon of milk might cost $25!

2/6/2011
Receipt ID 74e784d748e33ad4
Total: $32.89

KCIndy
02-06-2011, 05:32 PM
Christina is down to $199 needed for CPAC, please help out ASAP! Time is running out!

Super Bowl BUMP!!! :)

Tinnuhana
02-06-2011, 05:53 PM
Now down to $149.

ChristinaJade
02-06-2011, 06:08 PM
OMGosh....I am humbled, y'all. Thank you! :)

KCIndy
02-06-2011, 07:51 PM
One more BUMP!

Even five or ten bucks will go a long way toward closing on the goal.

Do I hear five? ten?

:)

civusamericanus
02-07-2011, 11:46 PM
Bump! Christina needs $99. Help her get to CPAC, she's got her bags packed and just waiting for a couple more people to chip-in!

LukeP
02-08-2011, 06:12 AM
Christina is no longer attending.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278379-I-can-t-go-(-Please-help-someone-else-get-there!!!!!

ChristinaJade
02-08-2011, 12:55 PM
Christina is no longer attending.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278379-I-can-t-go-(-Please-help-someone-else-get-there!!!!!

Thanks, Luke - I've been trying to add that link, and it wouldn't let me..