PDA

View Full Version : [FILLED] URGENT CHIPIN: For 3 people to go to CPAC!

invisible
01-27-2011, 11:25 PM
http://yorkrpsupporters.chipin.com/c-pac-conference

(UPDATE: This chipin needs $375 dollars for 4-5 people. Not $3000 for 20-30 people. Please do no donate more than that.)

The purpose of this chipin is to get as many people as possible to CPAC 2011 to vote for Ron Paul. There are 3 of us in the initial core group of broke Ron Paul supporters, and our ability to bring others along will only be limited by funds available through this chipin, we personally know many others who would also attend. Since our travel distance is about 85 miles, our only expenses would be tickets, gas, and parking. The more that is donated to our chipin, the more people we can bring and the more votes we can get for Ron Paul. We have no problem providing documentation of our expenses by posting copies of receipts to RonPaulForums.com or meeting up with other forums members at CPAC. Any excess or unused funds will be donated to Ron Paul's 2012 Presidential campaign or Congressional re-election efforts. As a bonus, one of us owns a video camera and will attempt to videotape all appearances by Ron, Rand, and Justin Amash. Please donate so that we can get to CPAC and help to elect Ron Paul for President in 2012! Ok, my friend created the chipin, and we won't have any problem finding more warm bodies to go and vote for Ron Paul. The more donations we get, the more people we can bring with us! If anyone can help out, that would be much appreciated.

edit: Due to lack of additional confirmations, we will be revising our amount needed downward to $375 to get the three of us there for all 3 days. See post #31 for more details.

Bergie Bergeron
01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Go check the chip-in again please. What's the real target of the chip-in? What I see is 3000 bucks..

sailingaway
01-27-2011, 11:45 PM
I left a comment in the other thread. I think it will need to be refined. AT least say how many people potential, or how many per $x donated, or something....

invisible
01-28-2011, 02:00 AM
My friend thinks she personally knows 30-40 people who would be interested. Tomorrow we're going to start asking people and taking a signup list and confirm those people as the funds become available. We really have no idea what to expect in the way of donations. We figured better to aim high and fall short (thus allowing us to bring the most amount of people) rather than set a lower goal and end up with more people wanting to go than funds allow. Whatever we get is whatever we get, it is what it is. I'd be glad to keep everyone here updated with the number of confirmed people if it would ease anyone's mind. Since our only expenses are tickets, gas, and parking, and we're coming from a relatively short distance, the dollar amount per person won't be much higher than the ticket price, and we'd be glad to make documentation of our expenses available.

MRoCkEd
01-28-2011, 05:52 AM
My friend thinks she personally knows 30-40 people who would be interested.
Well that is amazing. But we will need some more confirmation and details.
Where would you be going from? How would you be traveling. etc?

Thomas
01-28-2011, 06:03 AM
go liberty family!

invisible
01-28-2011, 06:32 AM
Well that is amazing. But we will need some more confirmation and details.
Where would you be going from? How would you be traveling. etc?

I think it's amazing as well! I don't think she'll be able to get quite that many to commit for sure, especially given the short notice for people to get time off work. But still, I know she has been working very hard to turn people onto Ron Paul at her church, and she reports excellent success (I think me giving her DVD's of some of the 2007 campaign speeches I videotaped helped a lot with this, why the campaign never made an infomercial DVD is beyond me). We would be coming from about 85 miles north of DC. We would be traveling by vehicle. If my own vehicle fills up, people at her church have access to vans. Since our expenses will be minimal (no flights, no hotels, no super long distance driving, packing sandwiches to eat, etc), there is a very high ratio of CPAC votes per dollar here. Our only expenses will be the tickets, gas, and parking. We have no problem with documenting our expenses, etc. What other sort of confirmation and details would you like? I'll be glad to keep a running update here of how many positive confirmations we receive, so far we have three since putting this together late last night.

Thomas
01-28-2011, 06:37 AM
I'm gonna talk to some people for you invisible

Austrian Econ Disciple
01-28-2011, 06:38 AM
Where is our billionaire? :p

JoshLowry
01-28-2011, 06:41 AM
invisible is the real deal, i've talked to him and verified, let's get this chip-in filled!

go liberty family!

Can you expand on this? Are you talking about a gmail chat or in person?

I think it's amazing as well! I don't think she'll be able to get quite that many to commit for sure, especially given the short notice for people to get time off work. But still, I know she has been working very hard to turn people onto Ron Paul at her church, and she reports excellent success (I think me giving her DVD's of some of the 2007 campaign speeches I videotaped helped a lot with this, why the campaign never made an infomercial DVD is beyond me). We would be coming from about 85 miles north of DC. We would be traveling by vehicle. If my own vehicle fills up, people at her church have access to vans. Since our expenses will be minimal (no flights, no hotels, no super long distance driving, packing sandwiches to eat, etc), there is a very high ratio of CPAC votes per dollar here. Our only expenses will be the tickets, gas, and parking. We have no problem with documenting our expenses, etc. What other sort of confirmation and details would you like? I'll be glad to keep a running update here of how many positive confirmations we receive, so far we have three since putting this together late last night.

I would recommend that people not donate $3000 to you unless we get names, photos, facebooks upfront.

If you're going to ask for money here, please provide information about yourself. That should be pretty easy, no?

Unless constitutional_insurgent can guarantee us... :p

invisible
01-28-2011, 08:55 AM
Josh, this is why I offered to keep a running update of how many people we can get solid positive confirmation for, and to provide complete documentation of our expenses. Even though we would donate any possible excess funds to Ron Paul, I wouldn't want that to be excessive, I would want any donations to go exactly where they are expected to go - getting as many votes as possible for Ron at CPAC. Keeping a running update of solid positive confirmations would seem to be the best way to make sure that any donations would cover getting everyone there without going way overboard. I would have no problem with providing whatever personal information to help ensure and confirm that this effort is legit - my only concern with this is one of privacy, I would only ask that that info be held and kept private by someone who could be trusted to do so. Would you be willing to be the trustee of said private identifying information? If not, I think it would be easy enough to find someone here on RPF that would be willing to do so, and would be trusted by others here as well as myself. I'm going to send you a PM about this.

Josh, I sent you a PM regarding this, please let me know your thoughts.

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:33 AM
Josh, this is why I offered to keep a running update of how many people we can get solid positive confirmation for, and to provide complete documentation of our expenses. Even though we would donate any possible excess funds to Ron Paul, I wouldn't want that to be excessive, I would want any donations to go exactly where they are expected to go - getting as many votes as possible for Ron at CPAC. Keeping a running update of solid positive confirmations would seem to be the best way to make sure that any donations would cover getting everyone there without going way overboard. I would have no problem with providing whatever personal information to help ensure and confirm that this effort is legit - my only concern with this is one of privacy, I would only ask that that info be held and kept private by someone who could be trusted to do so. Would you be willing to be the trustee of said private identifying information? If not, I think it would be easy enough to find someone here on RPF that would be willing to do so, and would be trusted by others here as well as myself. I'm going to send you a PM about this.

In a sense you are marketing to people that you are legitimate, and saying you HAVE x people signed up who WILL go if the money is there, and you are confirmed by someone here is much better at convincing people of your legitimacy.

Turn it around and suppose you were a con, saying you will give all sorts of documentation LATER is no good if you take the money and run with it. All people here would have is an email address to follow up on. Take a look at the chip in threads in the CPAC 2011 forum for ways people verified themselves. We all really like this idea -- if it is legitimate, but this movement has been hit with internet scams before, internet driven as it is. People just need some sort of verification BEFORE sending money, not just a hope of it afterwards. There is definitely an element of 'honor code' in it, but you don't yet put anything out that can be tied down, to convince people you are a good risk. At least that is an issue I think you are going to have.

The last part you post probably works. If you convince Josh, I think we're all fine. He can just say the TYPE of info he got, not what it was. I understand not wanting to put info out on the internet. It took me until I thought Ron might be running for President again to even sign up here. But people need something, and if they chip in they are trusting you with THIER emails and addresses (and if anyone knows a way to give through paypal without passing on my information -- please let me know!)

speciallyblend
01-28-2011, 09:42 AM
sailingaway when your ready maybe we should take a good updated list and start a daily paul thread with all the verified chipins in one list in hopes dp will start helping in mass once we verifiy. we might need to suggest some change in their wording in explaining their chipins???

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
sailingaway when your ready maybe we should take a good updated list and start a daily paul thread with all the verified chipins in one list in hopes dp will start helping in mass once we verifiy. we might need to suggest some change in their wording in explaining their chipins???

Are all those chip ins you have in your signature still open?

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 09:45 AM
I have one right here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276763-Do-you-have-any-money-to-spare-to-help-people-go-to-CPAC&p=3079823&viewfull=1#post3079823

speciallyblend
01-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Are all those chip ins you have in your signature still open?

yeah i have deleted the full ones. if something concerns you in my list please let me know! I want to make sure before you or any dp member takes this list and post it on dp that it is legit! i did read thru them and i think theyt are all legit. we should double check though for sure!! i am reading thru them again!! i think anon member just posted one that is not on my list?? brb food time

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:50 AM
I have one right here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276763-Do-you-have-any-money-to-spare-to-help-people-go-to-CPAC&p=3079823&viewfull=1#post3079823

Excellent. We need a front page thread pointing out that these chip ins have to be filled in time to make the discount sales for CPAC tix, which need to be bought by January 30 at 11:59, transaction completed, per C4L.

SteveBierfeldt
01-28-2011, 03:56 PM
Invisible, can you tell me how many individuals, as of this moment, you have CONFIRMED, that will be able to arrive on thursday morning/afternoon, for CPAC?

I may be able to help with some of the ticket expenses.

invisible
01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Invisible, can you tell me how many individuals, as of this moment, you have CONFIRMED, that will be able to arrive on thursday morning/afternoon, for CPAC?

I may be able to help with some of the ticket expenses.

Right now, we have three positive confirmations. My friend was supposed to call with word of any additional confirmations this afternoon before she went to work, but I haven't heard from her. I should talk with her and have word on any additional confirmations by tomorrow. I will continue to update positive solid confirmations as I receive them so that we don't overshoot with donations we don't need. In the meantime, I just sent a whole bunch of my personal identifying information to Josh, and am about to start digging for emails and other contact info for personal references from those who can verify me as a genuine RP supporter who was very active in 2007-8 in IA. Please thank Josh for being willing to act as a trustee for this personal private information, and being willing to spend his time in verifying the legitimacy of the various chipins!

Tinnuhana
01-29-2011, 01:37 AM
Isn't DJLoti's filled now?
I know there's overlap, but maybe some friendly competition between DP and RPF getting these all filled?

invisible
01-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Ok, an update: We have the solid positive confirmation for 3 of us. There is a 4th person who can give solid positive confirmation, but they can't swap days at work and are only off Sat and Sun - will there be voting on Sat, or is the voting on Thurs only? If there is voting on Sat, that will make 4 so far. At least one person from my friend's church's youth group has expressed interest - are 16-17 year olds allowed to attend and vote? If so, that would be at least one more person. I know that some of the people my friend has turned on to RP are converted obomba voters - in case they haven't switched their voter registration, do they have to be registered Republicans? We're still waiting for people to get back to us after they check to see if they can get off of work, the late notice has been a problem in this regard. I haven't heard back from Josh yet, I'm assuming he's still in the process of checking my references. So far we have one $20 donation, which will cover us on either parking or gas - now all we need is enough to cover tickets for the 3 of us that are confirmed so far (plus another $20 for parking / gas), hopefully we will be able get tickets before it sells out!

ronpaulhawaii
01-29-2011, 04:05 PM
Ok, an update: We have the solid positive confirmation for 3 of us. There is a 4th person who can give solid positive confirmation, but they can't swap days at work and are only off Sat and Sun - will there be voting on Sat, or is the voting on Thurs only? If there is voting on Sat, that will make 4 so far. At least one person from my friend's church's youth group has expressed interest - are 16-17 year olds allowed to attend and vote? If so, that would be at least one more person. I know that some of the people my friend has turned on to RP are converted obomba voters - in case they haven't switched their voter registration, do they have to be registered Republicans? We're still waiting for people to get back to us after they check to see if they can get off of work, the late notice has been a problem in this regard. I haven't heard back from Josh yet, I'm assuming he's still in the process of checking my references. So far we have one $20 donation, which will cover us on either parking or gas - now all we need is enough to cover tickets for the 3 of us that are confirmed so far (plus another $20 for parking / gas), hopefully we will be able get tickets before it sells out!

OK - I'd recommend adjusting your chip-in... Give us a better $$$ number... Have you talked to Steve about tickets?

Voting is only TH, (all day) and Fri (am). It is not GOP only...

invisible
01-29-2011, 04:23 PM
OK - I'd recommend adjusting your chip-in... Give us a better $$$ number... Have you talked to Steve about tickets?

Voting is only TH, (all day) and Fri (am). It is not GOP only...

Doesn't the ticket price change in a day or two? No, we haven't actually done anything yet with trying to buy the tickets, no use doing that until we have donations to cover the tickets for those that have positively confirmed being able to attend - I will continue to update here as we get additional confirmations. Any idea if you have to be of voting age to attend and vote? If 16-17 year olds can go and vote, then that will be at least one additional confirmation.

MRoCkEd
01-29-2011, 04:28 PM
Yes, 16-17 year olds CAN vote

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 04:30 PM
Doesn't the ticket price change in a day or two? No, we haven't actually done anything yet with trying to buy the tickets, no use doing that until we have donations to cover the tickets for those that have positively confirmed being able to attend - I will continue to update here as we get additional confirmations. Any idea if you have to be of voting age to attend and vote? If 16-17 year olds can go and vote, then that will be at least one additional confirmation.

I think that is no way to sell the chip in, personally. I think you are getting less because people are really puzzled with the way you are putting this together, figuring out how you will spend it AFTER you get the money instead of committing to how you will spend it in order to get the money. It is your chip in, though.

invisible
01-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Yes, 16-17 year olds CAN vote

Excellent! I'll try to get solid positive confirmation asap. Thanks to both you and RPH for the answers to my questions.

invisible
01-29-2011, 06:42 PM
I think that is no way to sell the chip in, personally. I think you are getting less because people are really puzzled with the way you are putting this together, figuring out how you will spend it AFTER you get the money instead of committing to how you will spend it in order to get the money. It is your chip in, though.

I'm not sure that I follow what you're saying here. We have $20 so far, which gets us the gas money to get there and back. $20 more gets us parking for the day. Whatever the ticket cost is multiplied by the number of confirmed people is the only remaining additional cost. Other than additional confirmations, what exactly is there to figure out?

Just got off the phone with Josh. Very cool guy. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy meeting him at CPAC!

sailingaway
01-29-2011, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure that I follow what you're saying here. We have $20 so far, which gets us the gas money to get there and back. $20 more gets us parking for the day. Whatever the ticket cost is multiplied by the number of confirmed people is the only remaining additional cost. Other than additional confirmations, what exactly is there to figure out?

Just got off the phone with Josh. Very cool guy. Hopefully I'll be able to enjoy meeting him at CPAC!

So at this moment you need 3 times $89 for the people who are confirmed? Does the 16 year old have a student ID so's to be eligible for the $11 ticket? So right now you need $278? Then if you get more confirmations you'd need more? Is that right?

invisible
01-30-2011, 12:26 AM
So at this moment you need 3 times $89 for the people who are confirmed?

Correct.

Does the 16 year old have a student ID so's to be eligible for the $11 ticket?

I forgot all about this! I assume that they do, and will have to confirm this. Also, the person who is currently trying to swap days on their work schedule is taking college classes online - how would they be able to qualify for the student discount, without a physical student ID?

So right now you need $278? Then if you get more confirmations you'd need more? Is that right?

Correct. Plus another $20 for parking ($20 has already been donated, which will cover the gas there and back). Your figure of $278 assumes that the younger person will give positive confirmation, and has a student ID. It also assumes that we will be able to purchase the tickets at the current price, doesn't the price increase in a day or two?

tangent4ronpaul
01-30-2011, 01:51 AM
I forgot all about this! I assume that they do, and will have to confirm this. Also, the person who is currently trying to swap days on their work schedule is taking college classes online - how would they be able to qualify for the student discount, without a physical student ID?

I was taking some online classes from this one college and they had a student ID you could print out, sign and then trim to size.

A class registration printout or similar, should do the trick too.

-t

invisible
01-30-2011, 04:59 PM
Ok, here we are on the last day of the discount. Josh has been in the process of verifying my references, but I have not been able to reach him (just tried calling), so I don't know where he is with that. I just talked to my friend, and she unfortunately hasn't been able to get any positive confirmations back from anyone else (the problem here appears to be mostly the late notice for people trying to get time off work, and I think she's learned a lesson somewhere in there that it's difficult to get people to make an actual effort in political activism). Therefore, I've advised her that the best way to be assured of going is to revise the amount of our chipin downward to only reflect the three of us who are positively confirmed as being able to go (which probably should have been done in the first place, but hey, we're new to all this chipin stuff). Since we have one $20 donation so far, here's what our total looks like for the three of us:

$20 parking on Thurs
$89 x 3 tickets
$40 gas + parking on Fri
$40 gas + parking on Sat
------------------------
= $367 (+ whatever paypal fees are) to get us there for all three days

Not knowing exactly what the paypal fees are, I'm going to peg the goal now at $375. My friend will not be home for several hours yet, but when she arrives home the chipin amount can be adjusted accordingly. Does anyone know how much we should allow for paypal fees? And how much will the ticket price increase after tonight? Hopefully we can get this done and be able to go!

JoshLowry
01-30-2011, 05:25 PM
Tried calling Carla twice last night but she didn't answer.

I left the link up on the home page. I would recommend that people try and fill a $367 chipin after talking with you last night.

ronpaulhawaii
01-30-2011, 05:28 PM
Can you please change the chip-in amount. It scares people...

invisible
01-30-2011, 06:14 PM
Josh, she was at work when you tried. She should be home by 9pm eastern time, if you'd like to try again. She does know to expect your call. Have you been able to get ahold of any of my references yet?

RPH, I'm having my friend revise the amount when she arrives home in a couple hours. Yeah, I imagine it did, that's why I provided Josh with my personal identifying information and some references, and have kept a running update of positive solid confirmations. I just chalk this up as a learning experience, never done anything like this before. Hopefully we still have a shot of at least the 3 of us getting to CPAC! It'll be fun to meet Josh (and I imagine a few others from here), and I'd really like to see Justin Amash (and Ron and Rand, of course) speak. And if I'm able to go, of course I'll be bringing back some good video footage.

Does anyone know how much the ticket price will rise after tonight, and how much paypal takes out for fees?

speciallyblend
01-30-2011, 06:19 PM
Josh, she was at work when you tried. She should be home by 9pm eastern time, if you'd like to try again. She does know to expect your call. Have you been able to get ahold of any of my references yet?

RPH, I'm having my friend revise the amount when she arrives home in a couple hours. Yeah, I imagine it did, that's why I provided Josh with my personal identifying information and some references, and have kept a running update of positive solid confirmations. I just chalk this up as a learning experience, never done anything like this before. Hopefully we still have a shot of at least the 3 of us getting to CPAC! It'll be fun to meet Josh (and I imagine a few others from here), and I'd really like to see Justin Amash (and Ron and Rand, of course) speak. And if I'm able to go, of course I'll be bringing back some good video footage.

Does anyone know how much the ticket price will rise after tonight, and how much paypal takes out for fees?

if anything figure out away to buy ticket now then worry about the rest!!

invisible
01-30-2011, 06:29 PM
if anything figure out away to buy ticket now then worry about the rest!!

I would if I could, I literally don't have the $ to even buy one ticket!

Josh, I just got an email from the best of my references. He said he called you and left a message. I would highly recommend calling him back and talking with him, as he can tell you a lot about the extent of on-the-ground activism in 2007-8.

JoshLowry
01-30-2011, 06:39 PM
I would if I could, I literally don't have the $ to even buy one ticket!

Josh, I just got an email from the best of my references. He said he called you and left a message. I would highly recommend calling him back and talking with him, as he can tell you a lot about the extent of on-the-ground activism in 2007-8.

You've got my recommendation, I just don't have any funds to give.

speciallyblend
01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
can someone at least buy his ticket?? then we can focus on filling the chipin after the deadline.

invisible
01-30-2011, 08:10 PM
My friend is adjusting the chipin amount as I type this. Josh has apparently verified my references to his satisfaction. It would be really awesome if we could purchase our tickets tonight and beat the discount deadline!

speciallyblend
01-30-2011, 08:26 PM
My friend is adjusting the chipin amount as I type this. Josh has apparently verified my references to his satisfaction. It would be really awesome if we could purchase our tickets tonight and beat the discount deadline!

are the tickets 11 bucks for you? if so can someone please buy the tickets for them. i will figure out away to pay anyone back who can do this. i just do not get paid till feb 9th but i will cover the 33 bucks if someone can make sure they buy the tickets for them! pretty please:)

invisible
01-30-2011, 08:32 PM
are the tickets 11 bucks for you? if so can someone please buy the tickets for them. i will figure out away to pay anyone back who can do this. i just do not get paid till feb 9th but i will cover the 33 bucks if someone can make sure they buy the tickets for them! pretty please:)

No. We unfortunately could not get confirmation from one person who would have qualified for the student discount, and the other wasn't able to swap days at work to get either Thurs or Fri off.

Josh, is there any way you could change or modify the thread title to reflect the updated status of our chipin?

speciallyblend
01-30-2011, 08:41 PM
No. We unfortunately could not get confirmation from one person who would have qualified for the student discount, and the other wasn't able to swap days at work to get either Thurs or Fri off.

Josh, is there any way you could change or modify the thread title to reflect the updated status of our chipin?

i feel so helpless sigh..please someone help:)

JoshLowry
01-30-2011, 08:49 PM

Sure, what would you like the thread title to say?

invisible
01-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Sure, what would you like the thread title to say?

Whatever you feel works best is fine with me. Thanks for changing it, however it's still somewhat misleading, as we have 3 positive confirmations, not 4-5. My friend who set up the chipin did say that she tried calling you about 30 mins ago, you are more than welcome to call her back.

edit: I imagine something something to reflect "verified" or "approved" status in the thread title would help.

edit#2: Josh, thanks again for all your help with this, and for taking the trouble to verify that this is a legit effort!

invisible
01-30-2011, 10:04 PM
I promise that if I get to go, I'll even shake the hand of :collins: !

invisible
01-31-2011, 03:28 AM
Only a few short hours left until the ticket price increases! We only have one $20 donation so far, please help us beat the price increase.

edit: It would really suck if Ron Paul missed first place by only a couple votes, wouldn't it?

Tink
01-31-2011, 10:15 AM
I hope my little contribution helps! Would give more if I had it.

Bergie Bergeron
01-31-2011, 11:30 AM
Cost/benefit is high.

invisible
01-31-2011, 12:32 PM
I hope my little contribution helps! Would give more if I had it.

Many many thanks to you and the one other person who has donated so far! We now have the money for gas and parking for one day, now all we need are tickets. If anyone has an extra ticket (or three!) they can't use, that would be extremely appreciated.

Cost/benefit is high.

It was. Now with not being able to make the deadline for the $89 ticket price, the cost / benefit ratio has just decreased. Hopefully we can still get enough donations to get tickets before CPAC sells out completely. If not, that puts us in the position of having to refund the donations we have, or pass them along as donations to Ron Paul (or other specified liberty candidate). Working now on trying to have my friend revise the chipin amount to reflect the increased ticket price - I understand they are now $175, can they be had anywhere for less?

ronpaulhawaii
01-31-2011, 12:40 PM
From my Facebook:

Dave Nalle There's no reason anyone who supports liberty can's use discounted tickets through Our America and Gary Johnson. Johnson is so modest he doesn't even ask people to vote for him in the Straw Poll. He also has a good rate on hotels. Info is at: http://garyjohnsoncpac.eventbrite.com/
11 hours ago · Like

invisible
01-31-2011, 05:50 PM
From my Facebook:

Most excellent! I'll check this out for sure. However, my friend won't be able to update the chipin until after she gets off work and gets home late tonight (around 11pm-midnight, east coast time). Many thanks, RPH - you've always seemed to be full of great information around here for years.

invisible
02-02-2011, 01:20 AM
RPH, I checked into the info you provided - unfortunately the ticket price through GJ is still $175, so no lucky break there. Thanks for trying, though.

The chipin amount has been adjusted to reflect the current $175 price. Josh (or other mod), would you please be willing to change the thread title here to reflect this? That would be much appreciated.

Is anyone else willing to help get us there? So far only two people have stepped up, this would be 3 more votes for Ron Paul, and a handshake for :collins:

Thomas
02-03-2011, 05:10 PM
time is almost out people!

LukeP
02-07-2011, 06:30 PM
Invisible, you really need to check on the free ticket rumor from Collins thread.

invisible
02-07-2011, 10:35 PM
Invisible, you really need to check on the free ticket rumor from Collins thread.

We need a miracle tickets for sure! Can you please link me? Not sure which thread it is, you know how :collins: is.

And mods, can we please get the thread title changed so it isn't misleading because of the ticket price increase?

LukeP
02-08-2011, 06:27 AM
Hi Invisible. Christina Jade is now unable to go and she refunded all donations. I'm willing to send you the $120 I gave her but I need you to confirm that you will have time to access the funds to use them?

*Mods, please move this thread to the CPAC section.

invisible
02-08-2011, 08:02 AM
Hi Invisible. Christina Jade is now unable to go and she refunded all donations. I'm willing to send you the $120 I gave her but I need you to confirm that you will have time to access the funds to use them?

*Mods, please move this thread to the CPAC section.

That would be extremely appreciated, as that would be enough to get one of us there! I would have time to be able to access the funds and get a ticket purchased, however I know nothing abut how long the process would take once the transaction is complete. Once the ticket was ordered, it would simply be a matter of picking it up somewhere at the door, correct? Even if the ticket was ordered Wednesday, the transaction would be processed in time to do that, would it not?

LukeP
02-08-2011, 08:15 AM
Well if you can pay for the ticket by Paypal then you won't have a problem accessing the funds. Otherwise if you need to transfer it to your bank account it will probably take 3 days.

I personally have a Paypal debit/master card. Although if you don't have one there isn't enough time to order one.

invisible
02-08-2011, 11:33 AM
Well if you can pay for the ticket by Paypal then you won't have a problem accessing the funds. Otherwise if you need to transfer it to your bank account it will probably take 3 days.

I personally have a Paypal debit/master card. Although if you don't have one there isn't enough time to order one.

Ok. My friend does have paypal, then it shouldn't be a problem. We'll probably need to be walked through the process though, since this is all new to us.

LukeP
02-08-2011, 12:03 PM
Tell your friend to transfer all monies received into the Paypal account ASAP. I don't think you understood what I was saying. Just because the money is in Paypal doesn't mean you will be able to use it! It's been a while since I transfered money out of my paypal account but it used to take 3 business days! So if you transfer it now you might be able to use it by Thursday. I don't really have the time or walk you through this though.

Please look into this ASAP and confirm the situation. If you will not be able to use then funds and attend, then please issue me a refund quickly and I will send the funds to Dan instead:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?278368-last-minute-monetary-cpac-assistance-request!

invisible
02-08-2011, 10:15 PM
Well, it looks like we've got one ticket covered! Many, many HUGE thanks to those kind souls who donated! We will be purchasing one ticket tomorrow (on Wed), that has been arranged to go through without problems.

Any other last minute donations to get our second and third person there as well?

Now I need to go find that thread about the RPF gathering, looking forward to hanging out with some of you guys.

JoshLowry
02-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Now I need to go find that thread about the RPF gathering, looking forward to hanging out with some of you guys.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?317-Liberty-Movement-s-Guide-to-CPAC-2011-Print-this-out!

Sorry your chipin didn't go as smoothly as some of the others...

See ya there!

invisible
02-08-2011, 10:28 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/content.php?317-Liberty-Movement-s-Guide-to-CPAC-2011-Print-this-out!

Sorry your chipin didn't go as smoothly as some of the others...

See ya there!

No need for you to apologize for that, by any means! Just chalk it up to our inexperience with this type of thing. The important thing is being able to get there, vote for Ron Paul (it just feels sogood to do that for the 3rd time in my life), and have fun. The heater is broken in my vehicle and it'll be the coldest day of the week on Thurs, but I suppose that's all part of the fun. After all, it can't be any worse than pounding stakes for 4x8's in frozen Iowa soil on the night before the caucus, only to have the cops rip them out and have to do it all over again a few hours before caucus time. Ah, the fun of being a RP supporter, nothing like those freezing for freedom memories.

invisible
02-09-2011, 01:13 AM
Ok, one ticket has been purchased through GJ for $185.62, including fees of some sort. Gas and parking are covered for Thursday.

Anyone else for last minute donations? Please? I will be videotaping all the good speakers (Ron, Rand, Amash, Lee, Johnson, at least) and promise to shake the hand of :collins: as well!
$185.62 more gets us another ticket there and one more vote for Ron Paul, twice that would get us two more tickets and thus two more votes.
$30-40 more for gas and parking will allow attendance on Friday as well, this should be an easy goal to make and would allow me to attend the event with Justin Amash.

LukeP
02-09-2011, 12:04 PM
Anyone besides me just notice that this Chipin has now been filled?

invisible
02-09-2011, 03:35 PM
Yes, noticed that late last night. Many, many thanks to those who donated at the last minute! Two additional tickets were purchased early this afternoon, so all 3 of us are going. Can't wait, this should be awesome fun! Will probably arrive around lunchtime tomorrow, in time to get a good seat for Rand.