PDA

View Full Version : Obama Addresses the War on Drugs

Working Poor
01-27-2011, 08:16 PM
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20029831-503544.html

Obama had another youtube Q&A and again the most asked and highest rated questions were about the war on drugs. He is open to debate but is against legalization....:rolleyes:

Bruno
01-27-2011, 08:19 PM
And yet another generation comes to the realization that just because you have a President who is a Democrat, does not mean he is going to legalize marijuana.

I came to that harsh reality with Clinton, when he expanded the war on drugs. Thought he was a cool saxophone-playing, former pot smoker who might end the War on Drugs. Instead, he expanded it, and pushed for $12 Billion for 100,000 cops and more prisons.

speciallyblend
01-27-2011, 08:24 PM
And yet another generation comes to the realization that just because you have a President who is a Democrat, does not mean he is going to legalize marijuana.

I came to that harsh reality with Clinton, when he expanded the war on drugs. Thought he was a cool saxophone-playing, former pot smoker who might end the War on Drugs. Instead, he expanded it, and pushed for $12 Billion for 100,000 cops and more prisons.

personally in colorado i think folks are gonna just start removing dems and republicans from office for supporting the failed drug war/police state and for the war on americans!! I am 110% in full support of this;)

Dr.3D
01-27-2011, 08:27 PM
Well, they need the excuse to invade the private lives of the people.

MRK
01-27-2011, 08:40 PM
Well, they need the excuse to invade the private lives of the people.

And without the drug war who's going to fund the CIA's overthrowing of popularly-elected regimes? Congress? Not in this political climate! Some things we just have to keep around.

:mad:

PermanentSleep
01-27-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2011/0127/At-last-Obama-addresses-Egypt-protests-on-YouTube/%28page%29/2

Well, I think this an entirely legitimate topic for debate,” Obama said. “I am not in favor of legalization. I am a strong believer that we have to think more about drugs as a public health problem. When you think about other damaging activities in our society – smoking, drunk driving, making sure you're wearing seatbelts – you know, typically we've made huge strides over the last 20, 30 years by changing people's attitudes."

“And on drugs,” he continued, “I think that a lot of times we have been so focused on arrests, incarceration, interdiction that we don't spend as much time thinking about how do we shrink demand.”

Save us from ourselves, you're our only hope! I never would have figured out the benefits of a seatbelt without all the Click it or Ticket signs.

I know of a sure thing that would decrease demand for drugs, have politicians start telling the truth and obeying the Constitution. Then our heads won't be constantly spinning from all of the incessant bullshit.

Brooklyn Red Leg
01-27-2011, 08:54 PM
To paraphrase Lew Rockwell at Rally for the Republic 'You got owned'. I knew a bunch of young people who voted for Barry cause they stupidly thought he was going to end The War on Drugs and legalize Pot.

tangent4ronpaul
01-27-2011, 09:01 PM
To paraphrase Lew Rockwell at Rally for the Republic 'You got owned'. I knew a bunch of young people who voted for Barry cause they stupidly thought he was going to end The War on Drugs and legalize Pot.

Now if they would only get the message that one candidate REALLY WILL legalize drugs! (at the federal level at least)

-t

Working Poor
01-28-2011, 03:07 AM
Now if they would only get the message that one candidate REALLY WILL legalize drugs! (at the federal level at least)

-t

I have been spreading this message far and wide...

AZKing
01-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Eventually they just won't have the money to regulate it.

Working Poor
01-28-2011, 03:44 AM
he wants economic growth whats wrong wit him? which economy is he referring to?