PDA

View Full Version : We are crushing Edwards!

kylejack
10-22-2007, 11:20 AM
I created a throw-away e-mail address to sign up for the e-mail lists of all other candidates.

Dear Friend,

Can you help us raise $200,000 online over the next nine days?

Three weeks ago, we crunched the numbers—and figured out that we needed to raise $500,000 online by the end of October. If we meet that goal, then this $500,000 can become up to $1 million with matching funds through public financing.

Earlier today, our online team let me know we've raised $300,000 online so far. That means, with nine days left to go, we're closing in on our goal—but we need you and your friends to help us raise another $200,000. If we hit the target, that is money we can deploy immediately to help win the early caucuses and primaries.

Can you give today to help us meet our goal and double our strength at this critical time?

Click here to help double our strength.

With John's commitment to public financing, every dollar we give—up to $250—can be matched. Your contribution of $50 to the campaign today can become $100. A donation of $100 can become $200. And so on.

But to get this extra money in time to use it effectively in the early contests, we need to submit our first matching funds request by November 1.

Your contribution today helps us get the resources we need to compete.

In our state offices and national campaign headquarters, our staff and volunteers are working around the clock, with the first caucuses and primaries now less than 90 days away.

For the past year, you've come through at the end of every fundraising quarter by giving what you could in the final days to help us reach our goal. But this quarter is different.

With public financing, what we raise at the beginning of the quarter has twice the impact of what we raise at the end. That's why we need to raise $500,000 by October 31 so we can put boots on the ground in the critical early states to win over real voters.

John Edwards chose to seek public financing so he won't have to cozy up to lobbyists and special interests, like other candidates are doing. Instead, John is determined to put the power back in the hands of people like you.

That's why your support means more than ever. So please don't wait until later to contribute. Any amount you can give today—and over the next nine days—has twice the impact.

Thank you for all you do.

--Joe Trippi
Senior Advisor, John Edwards for President
October 22, 2007

Ahahahahahahahaha we're burying him! He only has $300K to our $1.5 million!

me3
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
It doesn't matter if we're beating Edwards if we don't win the Republican nomination. This is a small victory for small minds.

stones88
10-22-2007, 11:25 AM
It doesn't matter if we're beating Edwards if we don't win the Republican nomination. This is a small victory for small minds.

ouch.

but i agree.

njandrewg

the key I think is to show that everyone's fundraising is going slower in Q4 compared to Q3.

kylejack
The point is that we're out-raising a supposed front runner in one party or the other 5-1. We're doing quite well, even if we're not on target for $12 million yet.

kylejack
10-22-2007, 11:27 AM
the key I think is to show that everyone's fundraising is going slower in Q4 compared to Q3.

Exactly...Q4 is always very bad for fund-raising...in fact, I think we're going to hit a wall in December as Christmas approaches, but meanwhile, we can make hay while the sun is shining.

Seth M.
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
This should be titled

Edwards campaign resorts to begging..

:D

JMann
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Edwards should of spent '05 and '06 suing companies and stealing 33% of the settlement from little girls so he could finance his own campaign ala Mitt. John Edwards is a disgusting human being. I guess foreclosing on the folks down in New Orleans isn't making enough money for him.

SWATH
10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
What's more disturbing is his attitude towards matching funds. $1=$2, yeah free money.

lucius
10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Edwards, another CFR directed punk/poser!

kylejack
10-22-2007, 11:31 AM
Also, Joe Biden is raising $500K by November 16th.

I write with exciting news today -- the latest evidence that our efforts on the ground in Iowa are working. The Storm Lake Times endorsed Joe Biden for the Democratic nomination for president making Joe Biden the first Democrat nationally and in Iowa to have received a newspaper endorsement for president.

The Storm Lake Times concluded, "Biden is our choice for the nomination for the powerful personal story he shares, for his deep knowledge of international affairs, and for his long record of exemplary service in the United States Senate." We've included the full endorsement below.

If you haven't had a chance to contribute to the campaign, or want to contribute more, please act today. We're raising $500,000 by Nov. 16 to keep these efforts going. Any amount you can send will be put to work immediately on the ground in Iowa.

Click here to make a contribution.

Thanks,
Luis

Also, in case you missed him yesterday, Joe Biden discussed Iraq, Iran, and life on the campaign trail on This Week with George Stephanopoulos. I hope you'll take a minute to watch the interview.

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
Awesome post - I wish we could get more MSM coverage of our strength - online fundraising!

Johnnybags
10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Exactly...Q4 is always very bad for fund-raising...in fact, I think we're going to hit a wall in December as Christmas approaches, but meanwhile, we can make hay while the sun is shining.

from anyone that was going to get me a gift. A simple online donation with a receipt is what i'll ask from anyone, and they'll love the convenience factor, and who knows maybe pick up a supporter or two while they are on his site.

TechnoGuyRob
10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
Exactly...Q4 is always very bad for fund-raising...

Source?

me3
10-22-2007, 11:34 AM
The point is that we're out-raising a supposed front runner in one party or the other 5-1. We're doing quite well, even if we're not on target for $12 million yet.
If you want to inspire people, write about what you did today for the campaign.

centure7
10-22-2007, 11:34 AM
I created a throw-away e-mail address to sign up for the e-mail lists of all other candidates.

Ahahahahahahahaha we're burying him! He only has $300K to our $1.5 million!

The thing I noticed most about that message is that Edwards admits his campaign will "cozy up to lobbyists" if they can't reach their goal. Will Dr. Paul cozy up to lobbyists if he does not meet his fundraising goal? NO!

Original_Intent
10-22-2007, 11:36 AM
First I find it interesting why he needs the money - to PUT BOOTS ON THE GROUND in the early primary states!!!!

Second, I think we could buck the Q4 trend because I think a lot of people are saying "All I want for Christmas is a Ron Paul presidency!" Truly the gift that will keep on giving!

I have a 13 year old son who told me he still wants Christmass presents, but to cut back and give the difference to Ron Paul!

With those of us with kids who are old enough to understand the importance - this is a way to make them feel involved - they can't give themselves but if you can even cut your normal Christmas spending by 20% and give the difference to Ron's campaign - it could be a GREEN Christmas!!!

kylejack
10-22-2007, 11:39 AM
If you want to inspire people, write about what you did today for the campaign.
Boy, we sure do have a lot of sass around here.

me3
10-22-2007, 11:40 AM
Boy, we sure do have a lot of sass around here.
More like, a lot of talkers, and not enough doers.

Original_Intent
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM

me3....KNOWS ALL, SEES ALL :rolleyes:

kylejack
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
If you look through my previous posts you will see:

1. My activism at the July 4th Festival here in Houston
2. When I rode up to Fort Worth on a charter bus to promote Ron Paul at the Texas straw poll
3. My pictures and activism at the accompanying anti-war protest
4. My daily trips out on the street passing out slim-jims
5. My donations to the campaign

So I'm not about to let some guy who registered here on the forums this month tell me how to promote the campaign. You want to see my record? Look it up. I'm working every day for the campaign. So let's hear your credentials.

Let's hear what makes you so qualified to say that other Ron Paul supporters have small minds. As you can see, I registered on the forums in May and I've been supporting Ron Paul financially for 6 years. When did you start supporting Ron Paul?

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Threads like this are very helpful because they help to boost morale. When morale is good, people are happy. When people are happy, they donate more to Broadcast Freedom and they bring more cheer when spreading the message to others. I think it's great that we're outraising Edwards so greatly. The Democratic race is a 2 horse race anyway and I think people realize that. Edwards would do better to just drop out and endorse Obama if they really want a chance to beat Hillary. Edwards is like Huckabee- His one shot is in Iowa and if he doesn't win there, he's broke and he's finished. Thank you kyle for posting this because I feel much better about myself and now I will spread my goodness around the forums thereby boosting morale. :)

kylejack
10-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Ron Paul Fan, I've always found you to be both a gentleman and a scholar. ;)

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
I liked this POST - Any info on other campaigns is very GOOD INTEL!

kylejack
10-22-2007, 12:10 PM
Thanks George!

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Ron Paul Fan, I've always found you to be both a gentleman and a scholar. ;)

I wish I could say the same. But that doesn't mean that this thread is any less important. We're crushing Edwards, crushing Huckabee, and crushing the establishment! Spread the word! :p:p:p:):):):):p