PDA

View Full Version : [FILLED] I've Also Decided to Attend CPAC, But I Need Help

Sentinelrv
01-27-2011, 07:02 PM
Here's my chipin:

http://sentinelrv.chipin.com/trip-to-cpac-2011

Hey, my name is Randy Vittorini and I'm trying to get to CPAC 2011 in order to vote for Ron Paul. For those of you here that don't know me, I created the large thread on the Ron Paul 2012 board dedicated to changing our strategy for influencing or converting others (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?272747-We-Need-to-Change-Our-Strategy-for-Influencing-or-Converting-Others-(New-Short-Version!))into our movement, which has been promoted to the front page twice. If you need to see it, here's my Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/Sentinelrv) also. Here's a picture of me with Ron in Orlando Florida 2009...

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs125.snc1/5369_1189593013725_1045346194_30595147_4956539_n.j pg

It's not the best picture I guess. I don't look as heavy and have shorter hair now, lol, but the worst thing was that Ron got distracted at the last second by the mob crowd surrounding us. Anyway, I first learned of Ron Paul the night of his largest December money bomb. While I'm not an expert on the Federal Reserve, the Constitution, or any of the topics that are discussed by the liberty movement or by Ron Paul, I understand enough to know that the solutions provided by them are what we need in this country right now. I'm doing what I can for the country by coming to CPAC to vote for Ron, hopefully influencing his decision to run in 2012. For those who got the chance to read the rough draft of my full book, which was posted in my Influence Thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?272747-We-Need-to-Change-Our-Strategy-for-Influencing-or-Converting-Others-(New-Short-Version!))for a while, I hope to give Ron a free copy of a new and improved version of it, which will hopefully also influence him in some positive way if he decides to read it.

I have a CPAC ticket and have made hotel arrangements at the Silver Spring Travelodge, which was suggested by Campaign For Liberty. My problem is that I've had to put it all on my credit card, $426 so far and I still need travel and food money. I'm coming from New Jersey, but I'm not sure if I'm coming by car or train yet. If anybody could help me with my situation, I'd really appreciate it.

ctiger2
01-27-2011, 07:44 PM
Cast that vote for RP!

You just made a payment of
$50.00

Sentinelrv
01-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Cast that vote for RP!

Dude, thanks a lot. Much appreciated!

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 09:20 AM
bump

SilentBull
01-28-2011, 09:26 AM
You just made a payment of $75.00

Since I can't go, I'm glad to help.

Gage
01-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Since I can't go, I'm glad to help.

+ Rep.

TomtheTinker
01-28-2011, 09:36 AM
bump

ronpaulhawaii
01-28-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks for that excellent thread

Receipt ID e26804503b3d6266
Paid By: Michael Maresco
For: Trip to CPAC 2011
Method: PayPal
Total: $15.00

Sentinelrv
01-28-2011, 08:48 PM
It hasn't updated yet, but so far it's at $150, so we're already halfway! I'm amazed at how all you guys can come together in support of this cause.

sailingaway
01-28-2011, 09:08 PM
C4L is reporting they are almost sold out of tickets. I see you say you already have yours, though. They think they may not even have them through Jan 30. (Per MrRocked)

Bergie Bergeron
01-29-2011, 11:12 PM
This one only needs 80 to be FULL !

Sentinelrv
01-29-2011, 11:58 PM
C4L is reporting they are almost sold out of tickets. I see you say you already have yours, though. They think they may not even have them through Jan 30. (Per MrRocked)

Yeah, I already got my ticket, booked a hotel and just today I finally decided to take the train to Washington. It's much cheaper and less stressful for me. I don't know if I could take the traffic and crazy highways in DC, lol. I'm going to have to figure out how to get around though without a car.

sailingaway
01-30-2011, 12:04 AM
Yeah, I already got my ticket, booked a hotel and just today I finally decided to take the train to Washington. It's much cheaper and less stressful for me. I don't know if I could take the traffic and crazy highways in DC, lol. I'm going to have to figure out how to get around though without a car.

If you stay at a hotel on the metro, that is enough to get around. CPAC is on the red line. If you aren't on the metro, you just have to get to the metro, and back from the metro. I hate public transportation with a passion, in L.A., but the metro in DC is easy.

amy31416
01-30-2011, 12:04 AM

http://www.wmata.com/rail/maps/map.cfm

It is seriously easy to use, inexpensive and reasonably safe.

You can experience our Nation's treasures such as the White House, beautiful Capitol Hill, historic Smithsonian museums or pause for reflection at Vietnam or Navy Memorials and the Pentagon. You can board an organized sightseeing tour which offers a hotel pickup and drop-off, or go exploring on your own on one of the best and cleanest transportation systems in the world, the Metro line, which is only 5 blocks away!

You're in luck! The Silver Spring stop is on the red line, as is CPAC. Take a look at the map I linked you above. Follow the red line and look for Silver Spring. You'll just walk 5 blocks (DC blocks can be long, wear comfy shoes), and I'm sure that someone else will be able to tell you which stop is the one to get off to go to CPAC. They'll have copies of the map at your hotel, I'm sure.

Sentinelrv
01-30-2011, 12:34 AM
It looks like Union Station is right on the Red Line also, which is where I first arrive at coming in from Philadelphia. This sounds a lot easier now. Thanks for the link.

yatez112
01-30-2011, 09:50 AM
Down to $65.

1/30/2011
Receipt ID aaf174b4db145c0c
Paid By: David
For: Trip to CPAC 2011
Method: PayPal
Total: $15.00

:)

Sentinelrv
01-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Thanks a lot everybody. It's full, so I'll see you there.