PDA

View Full Version : Illinois Supreme Court: Emanuel on Chicago mayor ballot

RonPaulFanInGA
01-27-2011, 05:24 PM
http://newsblogs.chicagotribune.com/clout_st/2011/01/supreme-court-decision-in-emanuel-mayor-case-coming-today.html

The Illinois Supreme Court ruled today that Rahm Emanuel can stay on the ballot for mayor of Chicago.

The decision comes without a moment to spare; early voting for the Feb. 22 city election begins Monday, Jan. 31.

Fox McCloud
01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
this is pretty much why I'm not so sure about our own Constitution anymore; if a court of law can just define it away however they want or bend it to fit whatever the agenda is, on the table...what's the point then?

Either way, it's disgusting--he doesn't qualify for the ballot because of residency, and because the only reason he moved to Washington was because the President "requested it"...sorry, but he still had the choice.

What next? Someone runs for mayor who's never lived there "well see, my parents intended for me to be born there, therefore, I would have lived there all my life!"

Disgusting.

brenden.b
01-27-2011, 05:53 PM
Chicago deserves him.

Legend1104
01-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Look at the bright side. At least he isn't our mayor.

low preference guy
01-27-2011, 06:21 PM
was it unanimous?

ihsv
01-27-2011, 06:22 PM
Hold on while I try to find my surprise face...

Fox McCloud
01-27-2011, 06:35 PM
was it unanimous?

yup; indeed it was.

HOLLYWOOD
01-27-2011, 08:30 PM
BANANA REPUBLIC... Damn Al Capone looking like the best leader Chicago every had. Oh, wait...

FreeBass
01-27-2011, 08:54 PM
The funny thing is that if he didn't qualify, then Chicago would have gotten Carol Mosley Braun, who is just as bad, maybe even worse.

virgil47
01-27-2011, 09:27 PM
Is anyone really surprised? This exactly what will happen should a number of states decide a candidate must show his/her birth certificate. The courts will simply overturn the laws.

Brian4Liberty
01-27-2011, 10:12 PM
In all of the stories I have read and heard, they never mentioned if he sold his house in Chicago, or still had it? (Or if he was renting, did he move out?). I am guessing he actually moved out, but haven't heard that.

Pericles
01-27-2011, 10:16 PM
Hold on while I try to find my surprise face...

Glad to see you back.

I'm thinking of getting a Nobel prize fro the stuff I'm going to do ....... same principle.

ihsv
01-27-2011, 10:43 PM
Glad to see you back.

Thanks, Pericles. Good to be back :)

WorldonaString
01-27-2011, 11:03 PM
I hate the Chicago machine...

ivflight
01-28-2011, 01:19 AM
this is pretty much why I'm not so sure about our own Constitution anymore; if a court of law can just define it away however they want or bend it to fit whatever the agenda is, on the table...what's the point then?

Either way, it's disgusting--he doesn't qualify for the ballot because of residency, and because the only reason he moved to Washington was because the President "requested it"...sorry, but he still had the choice.

What next? Someone runs for mayor who's never lived there "well see, my parents intended for me to be born there, therefore, I would have lived there all my life!"

Disgusting.

Laws should be enforced but what about bad laws? People should be able to vote for whoever they want. That is freedom.