PDA

View Full Version : Petition for Fair and Equal Treatment Threatens Force

sandersondavis
06-10-2007, 04:43 AM
I signed the Petition for Fair and Equal Treatment in the Media of Dr Ron Paul's Presidential Election Campaign. I wish I had not. The last paragraph threatens the media with governmental force. Not exactly a libertarian position.

The last paragraph reads;
Finally, should the named news agencies continue to slander, mischaracterize, and denigrate Dr. Paul and to continue to under-report or hide the true results of their own polling data to this point and from this point, the undersigned will call upon their Congressional representatives for Special Joint Hearings to be done well before the Republican primiray season begins with regard to these matters, such hearings to take place within the United States Congress and to be of sufficient scope and duration to ascertain proper remedies to the damage that has already been done as a result of the actions of the named news agencies to the democratic process.

Did we forget something -- oh I don't know -- The first amendment maybe?

Revolution9
06-10-2007, 06:10 AM
Did the MSM forget that the bandwidth they ride belongs to us? If they have that bandwidth to provide news with then they should be providing news. We did not let them license the bandwidth to shove propaganda up our ass.

Best Regards
Randy

Therion
06-10-2007, 06:57 AM
This is really going too far.

Gee
06-10-2007, 09:36 AM
Glad I didn't sign it...