PDA

View Full Version : Support the 100 million pledge!

reboot_dc
10-22-2007, 10:59 AM
We're not giving enough importance to this PledgeBank pledge, that aims to get $100 from 1 million people:

http://www.pledgebank.com/Pauls-100mill

There are only 2200 people signed up, so the Paulites in general have either not heard about this or they have decided it's not important. Most of the comments say, "Don't pledge, just donate." That's probably the right attitude if you're talking to hard-core supporters, but this pledge has HUGE potential at bringing in people who are on the fence.

First of all, every one of us who could donate another $100 before the end of the year should sign up. Even if you've already donated, it will give you motivation to give another $100 before the year ends.

Second, when people say "I like Ron Paul, but he has no chance." we can respond "He has a chance if he raises $100 million this quarter. Go pledge to donate $100 if a million other people do the same."

We should be putting this pledge on all of our literature and promoting it!!! I've set up a domain that is easier to remember:

http://100MillionForPaul.com/

You may want to use that one instead. It just redirects to the pledge page.

In my opinion, getting 1 million people shouldn't be difficult. In 2004, there were 540,000 people who felt strongly enough to vote for Badnarik or Peroutka. I think the majority of those people could be talked into making this pledge, if we can find them.

Then, when these fair-weather Paul supporters sign up for the pledge, all of a sudden they're getting an email every week with an update on how the pledge is doing (along with a couple sentences of Ron Paul propaganda, of course). I wouldn't want to bug them more often than this, but a weekly email update is totally within the spirit of the pledge. And that will get some of them excited and bring them into more active roles. (I've corresponded with the pledge creator on this, who is the only one who can send out emails. He won't commit to the "weekly newsletter" scheme, but he promises to use the email feature sparingly.)

And even if we don't hit a million, an email can be sent out at the end of December saying,

"We haven't reached a million, but we have 300,000. Please donate your $100 anyways. It won't be the astronomical number that I was dreaming of in the beginning, but that's still $30 million for Ron Paul, which will still amaze the country and absolutely put Dr. Paul in a position to win this primary..." (or something like that)

We have nothing to lose!!!!

What do you say?

SJohnsson
10-22-2007, 11:08 AM
But why go for such a lowball figure of $100 million, why not shoot for the moon. If we get 10 million people we can get $1 BILLION

$100 milllion < $1 Billion right?

LibertyOfOne
10-22-2007, 11:10 AM
Dumb idea. What are you a mole from another campaign? We need the money now.

Brinck Slattery
10-22-2007, 11:14 AM
I concur dumb - no, dumbest idea.

IF I CAN ONLY GET EVERY SINGLE-CELLED ORGANISM TO GIVE 30 CENTS, RON PAUL WILL HAVE ALL TEH MONIES EVAR!!!!!!!! SIGN MY PLEDGE PLZ!!!!!!!

Taco John
10-22-2007, 11:17 AM
I'm donating to thisNovember5th. I don't have to rely on 1 million other people to do it. I just have to rely on myself to whip out the plastic, hit submit, and crash the RonPaulGraphs site like everyone else. :D

Man from La Mancha
10-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Just away of showing the number of people willing to support Ron. And a very attainable goal. We better have more than a couple million people by the end of this year to help attain the 65 million we will need to win in NOV2008. This pledge does not say to wait to donate if you don't want to, just the author of it will wait till then. If you look 40% have already given. It is mainly a PR stunt to possiblely get media attention in the future. So if you have given at all one can sign the pledge. It can incorporate any other plans like Nov. 5. I will try to put up a forum board just for it for spreading the word if I can figure out how to do it. The high number is supposed to be a goal, something dreams are made of.:D

runderwo
10-22-2007, 12:01 PM
I will donate $100 but only if 1,000,000 other people will do the same.

I have always disliked the wording of the pledge.

It implies that I will NOT donate $100 if we don't manage to get 1,000,000 other people on board.

The words "but only" should have been removed.

abetterpledge!!!
10-22-2007, 12:01 PM
this one requires FEWER signers and would result in a bigger money bomb!!!!!

RON PAUL 2008!!!!!!

http://www.pledgebank.com/ronpauldec1000

brumans
10-22-2007, 12:04 PM
this one requires FEWER signers and would result in a bigger money bomb!!!!!

RON PAUL 2008!!!!!!

http://www.pledgebank.com/ronpauldec1000

That would mean on Day 30 they would have to donate over 5 million.

abetterpledge!!!
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM
It's awesome!!!!

Millions of dollars for the campaign.

More $$$ = more impact = more chances to spread his message!!!!!

brumans
10-22-2007, 12:13 PM
You are a troll.

abetterpledge!!!
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
...support ron paul or don't. I can't force you to do something you don't want to do.