PDA

View Full Version : Time to start shifting our attention to YAL?

Bergie Bergeron
01-27-2011, 11:29 AM
YAL are taking 120 dollar donations which would fill a vans worth of young voters for the day, paying for gas.

Now that we don't have any more chip-ins for the moment, maybe we could send some $$ directly to them?

MRoCkEd
01-27-2011, 11:30 AM
I think we should search for people who can't afford to go, and point them to YAL/C4L for discounts, and encourage them to create chipins here for costs YAL/C4L doesn't cover.

sailingaway
01-27-2011, 11:38 AM
I think we should search for people who can't afford to go, and point them to YAL/C4L for discounts, and encourage them to create chipins here for costs YAL/C4L doesn't cover.

I agree. There were still a couple of people here, invisible and someone else saying they'd love to go and had time but no money. Invisible is difficult because he keeps coming up with comments like 'tell me how many people we can fund and I'll get the bodies' which is not how chip ins work.

Bergie Bergeron
01-27-2011, 11:42 AM
I've sent a couple people (including a DailyPaul moderator and a YAL chapter president) to Steve to check for special deals and told them to come here after.

ronpaulhawaii
01-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Maybe a dedicated YAL chip-in can be created for lulls in individual chip-ins? Mark, or someone, can create it and transfer each 120 collected...

I have people still contacting me on FB and I am trying to get them in touch with Steve, and making accounts here...

Nick Spanos was talking last night about organizing a busload from NYC. There will be a conference call about that tonight, maybe we can make a chip-in to help him fill in some spots there as well.