PDA

View Full Version : Audio of NC House sessions available live and in archive

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2011, 08:21 AM
Today's session starts in 40 minutes, and at some point after the Health Care debate, I will have a word or three to say against a Republican bill H3. Tune into the fireworks here:

http://www.ncleg.net/Audio/Audio.html

olehounddog
01-27-2011, 08:48 AM
Thanks gunny

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Wow! Vice Chair of Agriculture!

olehounddog
01-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Alright. I heard your name, but missed the comm name. It's kinda hard to understand what being said sometimes.

olehounddog
01-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Military and homeland security. Yes!

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Military and homeland security. Yes!

Oh yeah, Raleigh Fusion Center here we come!

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2011, 09:42 AM
No debate today, only referrals. Oh well, no debating against a Republican bill today. :(

olehounddog
01-27-2011, 09:46 AM
Oh well, that's the way the ole cookie crumbles.

GunnyFreedom
01-27-2011, 01:12 PM
I did attend the Judiciary committee meeting on the bill intended to block the Obamacare mandate, and after a plethora of Democrats argued that the insurance mandate was necessary to preserve civil and human rights, I asked quite pointedly,

"Mr Sponsor, given the passage of the Federal Health Care bill and a failure of the lawsuit, if we fail to act here does that mean if one of my constituents refuses to pay money to Blue Cross Blue Shield, and can not or will not pay the resulting fine, does that mean that some government agents will come after him with guns and throw him into prison?"

The answer was "I think they have changed that, and that all they can do is impose a permanent lein on your property now, but I do not know. Then the GOP Majority Leader asked me to find out the truth of that and to get it in writing.

So now I am on a quest to get it in writing that under the HCA insurance mandate, a person who refuses to purchase and refuses to pay the fine, can be hunted down and imprisoned.