PDA

View Full Version : Dugway Proving Ground (Army Base) in Utah LOCKED DOWN over "serious concern"

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-27-2011, 04:09 AM
The concern is not being discussed but I have seen some wild speculation online already. It appears this place is about the size of Rhode Island and is one of the main military biological weapon testing facilities. Seems the gates were totally locked and nobody is allowed out and nobody is allowed in (including military personel scheduled to report for duty) at this time.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/27/utah-army-base-locked-solve-problem/?test=latestnews

Here is the wiki about the base.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugway_Proving_Ground

squarepusher
01-27-2011, 04:13 AM
lol they probably infected themselves with some super virus they created

JoshLowry
01-27-2011, 04:16 AM
I'll miss the internet.

invisible
01-27-2011, 04:59 AM
Damn, sounds like The Stand. Hopefully the story of whatever happened will come out soon.

Bman
01-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Damn, sounds like The Stand. Hopefully the story of whatever happened will come out soon.

Or possibly...

Resident Evil

28 Days Later

Zombieland

Incredible Hulk

and on and on and on.

Take your pick it could get interesting.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-27-2011, 05:02 AM
Well it seems this has been going on since sometime yesterday afternoon and they are still not saying a word. Some reports have stated that some people are still in their cars and it appears that officials in nearby towns, villages, etc have been told nothing. You would think if this was something minor that they would have cleared it up within an hour or two and everything would be fine and dandy.

LedHed
01-27-2011, 05:28 AM
Military reservations can be locked down for numerous reasons, but it'll be interesting to hear what the reason for this one given the location, size of the installation, and what Dugway is used for.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-27-2011, 05:30 AM
Military reservations can be locked down for numerous reasons, but it'll be interesting to hear what the reason for this one given the location, size of the installation, and what Dugway is used for.

That is true but usually the lockdowns are completed within a few hours and you would think they would be checking vehicles and at least letting cleared people go through.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-27-2011, 06:43 AM
Salt Lake Tribune has picked up the story http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51132650-76/dugway-lockdown-ground-proving.html.csp#

interesting comments.

pacelli
01-27-2011, 06:49 AM
Fuck locking it down. Shut it down. We can't afford to keep it opened.

Promontorium
01-27-2011, 08:01 AM
Here's to hoping whatever comes out doesn't head immediately to California like in most of those apocalyptic scenarios. Or that at least Nevada will prove a good buffer, seeing as how it's hundreds of miles of empty desert.

As soon as I hear an offhanded remark on the news with a General saying the word "contained" in any capacity, I'm renting the biggest boat I can. I'll politely invite any family, friends, and random hotties to join, and sail straight to Hawaii for further instruction.

Freedom 4 all
01-27-2011, 08:28 AM
Maybe they accidentally created a "V for Vendetta" style supersoldier that turned on them.

TonySutton
01-27-2011, 08:42 AM
This could be right out of The Stand.

A soldier stationed out in the California desert, Charlie Campion is patient zero, the original carrier of the superflu outside of its containment area. On duty the night the virus escapes the complex, he manages to flee with his wife and baby daughter before the lockdown of the base. He and his family finally succumb to the flu in Texas, spreading the virus and unleashing the events of the story.

Bruno
01-27-2011, 08:46 AM
Is this one of the storage areas that has thousands of drums of biological chemicals rusting in containers?

ItsTime
01-27-2011, 08:51 AM
Salt Lake Tribune has picked up the story http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51132650-76/dugway-lockdown-ground-proving.html.csp#

interesting comments.

One of the comments

They canceled the lock down just after 4 this morning.

Has that been confirmed?

pcosmar
01-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Is this one of the storage areas that has thousands of drums of biological chemicals rusting in containers?

Don't know if they have "storage" there or how much. But it is where they develop and TEST the kinds of stuff we are not supposed to have and is illegal to use.

And they have caused problems in the past.

Seems they have reopened, but don't expect any truth to escape.
It is a place of secrets that you do not need to know.

Bruno
01-27-2011, 09:29 AM
Don't know if they have "storage" there or how much. But it is where they develop and TEST the kinds of stuff we are not supposed to have and is illegal to use.

And they have caused problems in the past.

Seems they have reopened, but don't expect any truth to escape.
It is a place of secrets that you do not need to know.

Thanks for that info!

Madly_Sane
01-27-2011, 09:47 AM
The Crazies

sailingaway
01-27-2011, 09:50 AM
Are we sure it isn't just Jane Hamsher visiting someone?

mczerone
01-27-2011, 11:40 AM
From Salt Lake Tribune: Missing Nerve Agent (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51134945-76/dugway-vial-agent-thursday.html.csp)

The vial was located, uncompromised, at 3 a.m. Thursday within the facility. Dugway officials did not specify exactly where the vial, containing less than 1 milliliter, or roughly a quarter-teaspoon of the agent, was found — nor did they detail how the vial had gone missing in the first place, or whether anyone was being disciplined as a result of the incident.

pcosmar
01-27-2011, 12:00 PM
From Salt Lake Tribune: Missing Nerve Agent (http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/home/51134945-76/dugway-vial-agent-thursday.html.csp)

Nice to know.
Not particularly comforting though.

You might look into the history of this base and what it is that they do there.
http://www.damninteresting.com/the-sheep-incident
http://www.project-112shad-fdn.com/

Original_Intent
01-27-2011, 12:59 PM
On another forum I mentioned that last night I dreamed about some black woman that called herself "Mother Abigail" that wanted me to move to Colorado...

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-27-2011, 01:01 PM
On another forum I mentioned that last night I dreamed about some black woman that called herself "Mother Abigail" that wanted me to move to Colorado...

I had that same dream except it was Hemingford Home, Nebraska and if I did not get there in time to just meet her in Colorado. I also have a dream about a scary guy named Randall Flagg... m-o-o-n that spells Flagg.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 01:07 PM
This could be right out of The Stand.

Does everybody know that King consulted with a number of doctors, microbiologists and pathologists to explore the possibility of this happening before writing the book?

That there was already work going on, and this was back in the mid 1970s, on rapidly shifting antigen viral strains that could result in a 99.99% mortality and morbidity airborne virus.

Elwar
01-27-2011, 01:10 PM
One site I was on said that their IT department found that someone had "Googled Ron Paul" and that if they didn't contain the offender, then word would get out about liberty and the Constitution and a R3VOLUTION would begin.

UtahApocalypse
01-27-2011, 01:10 PM
I cant't, and won't go into details but I was involved in some CSEPP planning in the past. If or when something does happen out at Dugway it will be a catastrophe like none other.

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-27-2011, 01:12 PM
Does everybody know that King consulted with a number of doctors, microbiologists and pathologists to explore the possibility of this happening before writing the book?

That there was already work going on, and this was back in the mid 1970s, on rapidly shifting antigen viral strains that could result in a 99.99% mortality and morbidity airborne virus.

Yeah I believe they mentioned this in the commentary on the DVD. Of all of King's work, this is the only one that I find even slightly disturbing and it is simply because it is the most possible and honestly I am susprised this has not happened yet.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 01:14 PM
I cant't, and won't go into details but I was involved in some CSEPP planning in the past. If or when something does happen out at Dugway it will be a catastrophe like none other.

No better reason than that to step up our efforts and wresting control back from government.

If nothing more than to take places like this, burn them to the ground and salt the earth where they stood.

Art imitates life, it's no surprise that the subject has been covered so thoroughly in books and movies.

Mankind will end with whimper and not a bang.

pcosmar
01-27-2011, 01:22 PM
A quick reference to a link I posted earlier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugway_sheep_incident

The Dugway sheep incident, also known as the Skull Valley sheep kill, was a 1968 sheep kill that has been connected to United States Army chemical and biological warfare programs at Dugway Proving Ground in Utah. Six thousand sheep were killed on ranches near the base, and the popular explanation blamed Army testing of chemical weapons for the incident, though alternative explanations have been offered. A report, commissioned by Air Force Press Officer Jesse Stay first made public in 1998 was called the "first documented admission" from the Army that a nerve agent killed the sheep at Skull Valley.

Admitted to 30years later.

You do know that Dugway was also a center of MK Ultra testing.
Separating fact from fiction may not even be possible with this place.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
A quick reference to a link I posted earlier.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dugway_sheep_incident

Admitted to 30years later.

You do know that Dugway was also a center of MK Ultra testing.
Separating fact from fiction may not even be possible with this place.

"Shaddup, ya conspiracy whacko, yer making us all look bad."

pcosmar
01-27-2011, 01:30 PM

Facts.
pesky things.

They'll bite yer butt if you let them.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 01:34 PM
Facts.
pesky things.

They'll bite yer butt if you let them.

No kidding...and the facts surrounding this place, shit...

Dr.3D
01-27-2011, 01:35 PM
Somebody call Saddam and tell him the U.S. has found those weapons of mass destruction. There were on U.S. military bases the entire time.
Oh yeah, Saddam won't be able to respond to that.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Somebody call Saddam and tell him the U.S. has found those weapons of mass destruction. There were on U.S. military bases the entire time.
Oh yeah, Saddam won't be able to respond to that.

On the Kurdish gas attacks in the 1980s.

The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Leaked portions of Iraq's "Full, Final and Complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs shows that thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, was among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from US companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips. Both companies have since undergone reorganization and Phillips, once a subsidiary of Phillips Petroleum is now part of ConocoPhillips, an American oil and discount fossil fuel company, while Alcolac International has since dissolved and reformed as Alcolac Inc

http://www.flyingsnail.com/Dahbud/images/sadrum.jpg

oyarde
01-27-2011, 01:51 PM
WTF , how do you get a missing vial of nerve agent ??

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/5/5c/A0112shee.jpg

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-27-2011, 01:53 PM

It's the goernment.. they are capable of anything monumentally stupid.

puppetmaster
01-27-2011, 01:55 PM
http://rpmedia.ask.com/ts?u=/wikipedia/en/5/5c/A0112shee.jpg

shhhh....they get pissed when you wake 'em up

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 01:57 PM

Hah, they "lost" six 150 KT nukes back in 2008

I say "lost" because it would not surprise me for a second to find one of these things blowing up a city in a couple of years and being blamed on "terrorists".

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2008/05/after-losing-nu/

pcosmar
01-27-2011, 02:16 PM

I say "lost" because it would not surprise me for a second to find one of these things blowing up a city in a couple of years and being blamed on "terrorists".

Yes but reports are, they found 5 of them.

oyarde
01-27-2011, 02:19 PM
Where would the other one be ?

oyarde
01-27-2011, 02:22 PM

" Lost " ...... yes , because the reality is that it would be impossible to " lose " these.

oyarde
01-27-2011, 02:25 PM
You may lose some of the following ; wallet , keys , mind , cash , etc .. , but not a 150 nuke .

Freedom 4 all
01-27-2011, 02:27 PM

What I don't get about the whole MK Ultra thing is that it's extremely well documented. It's not a secret or a conspiracy theory, and neither the government nor popular mechanics for kids is even bothering to lie about it or create illusions or excuses. It happened, just like the Civil War or the Holocaust. It's a historical event. While not exactly common knowledge, a lot of people I talk to actually know about it, and yet STILL think I'm a nut for not trusting the government. What the hell is wrong with these people? What's it going to take for people to realize that their leaders are monsters and can't be trusted? I don't even understand how anyone can be aware of MK Ultra and still trust the government. I sometimes wonder what would even happen if undisputable evidence ever came out that 9/11 was planned and orchestrated by the US government, my guess, sadly, is nothing.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 05:50 PM
I sometimes wonder what would even happen if undisputable evidence ever came out that 9/11 was planned and orchestrated by the US government, my guess, sadly, is nothing.

It will, 50 plus years from now, when everybody who knew or cared or could do anything about it are dead.

And you're right, nothing will happen.

Anti Federalist
01-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Yes but reports are, they found 5 of them.

Yay! they found them...oh...yeah...right.

tangent4ronpaul
01-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Or possibly...

Resident Evil

28 Days Later

Zombieland

Incredible Hulk

and on and on and on.

Take your pick it could get interesting.

Don't forget that really, really, really BAD (as in so bad it's good) flic that aired right after Zombieland just a couple of days ago. I am of course refering to "Zombie Strippers".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie_Strippers

This movie opens with a news montage explaining that it is set in a dystopic near-future in which George W. Bush has been elected to a fourth term. The United States Congress has been disbanded; public nudity is banned; the United States is embroiled in wars with France, Iraq, Afghanistan, Iran, Pakistan, Syria, Venezuela, Canada, and Alaska. With more wars than there are soldiers to fight them, a secret laboratory run by Dr. Chushfeld (Brad Milne) in Sartre, Nebraska, has developed a virus to re-animate dead Marines and send them back into battle. However, this virus has broken containment and infected test subjects and scientists, and they are at risk of escaping the lab. A team of Marines codenamed the "Z" Squad is sent in to destroy the zombies. One of the Marines named Byrdflough (Zak Kilberg) is bitten but escapes. He ends up in an alley outside an underground strip club named "Rhino". The Marine dies and awakens as a zombie who goes into the strip club....
[...]
The remaining humans in the club struggle to survive until the "Z" Squad burst in to destroy the zombies. But they discover that the zombies were allowed to escape by the Bush Administration, in the hopes that the ensuing zombie plague would distract Americans from their gross mishandling of the war effort and the economy.

Critical reception

This movie has received mixed reviews from critics who have criticised its poor production values, poor attempts at satire, and poor execution, while recognizing its intentionally camp style. As of August 20, 2008, the review aggregator Rotten Tomatoes reported that 41% of critics gave the movie positive reviews, based on 51 reviews.[1] Metacritic reported that this movie had an average score of 45 out of 100, based on 14 reviews.[2]

About the movie, Richard Roeper of Ebert & Roeper stated, "It looks terrible. It doesn't work as camp. It doesn't work as low budget crap", Dennis Harvey of Variety Magazine also called it a "one-joke pic". In contrast, Michael Rechtshaffen of the Hollywood Reporter thought that there was something "perversely affecting" about this movie, despite its "lame political satire[3]

May still be showing on the SciFi channel or fearnet

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/8e/Zombie_strippers.jpg/220px-Zombie_strippers.jpg

-t

tangent4ronpaul
01-27-2011, 06:22 PM
The provision of chemical precursors from United States companies to Iraq was enabled by a Ronald Reagan administration policy that removed Iraq from the State Department's list of State Sponsors of Terrorism. Leaked portions of Iraq's "Full, Final and Complete" disclosure of the sources for its weapons programs shows that thiodiglycol, a substance needed to manufacture mustard gas, was among the chemical precursors provided to Iraq from US companies such as Alcolac International and Phillips.

This also happens to be a common solvent that is used to clean deep fat friers in fast food joints, and in the synthesis if dies, pesticides and plastics, among other things.

Whoopty Doo! :rolleyes:

-t