PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul considers U.S. Senate run

RonPaulFanInGA
01-26-2011, 10:08 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20110126-ron-paul-considers-u.s.-senate-run.ece

QueenB4Liberty
01-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Ugh, I mean of course I would vote for him. But I really want him to run for POTUS again. I came too late for the first Revolution. :( *sighs*

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 10:14 PM
Ain't happening.

trey4sports
01-26-2011, 10:16 PM
naw, Ron wants to be errr run for Prez

MikeStanart
01-26-2011, 10:17 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/politics/headlines/20110126-ron-paul-considers-u.s.-senate-run.ece

Silly! We need him to run for POTUS! Sure, it's possible he'll lose the election. But do you remember what happened last time he ran? He won hearts and minds. Thats a much more noble long-term goal than a Senate Seat imo.

The :collins: would approve of this post.

EDIT: And to be clear, Ron has a much greater shot at the Repub nomination this time around!

Kotin
01-26-2011, 10:19 PM

Doubt it but still..
:mad:

MikeStanart
01-26-2011, 10:21 PM
I just realized. Look at all the press Ron is getting from all this speculative "Oh, he's gonna run for Senate!". Perhaps Ron is ingeniously toying with the idea of running for Senate, so it's all that much more of a spectacle when he announces for President?

I mean, if he didn't "toy" with the idea of running for senate, he wouldn't be getting this attention.

libertybrewcity
01-26-2011, 11:28 PM
probably won't happen...prez or just stay in the house..or retire

Matthew Zak
01-26-2011, 11:45 PM
The man is old, and he's tired. He does NOT want to run for president, especially if it's a losing battle. However, he can still become an even bigger force in washington by becoming a senator, and he would only have to spend a fraction of the time and money campaigning.

I support him 100% for a senate run.

trey4sports
01-26-2011, 11:46 PM
The man is old, and he's tired. He does NOT want to run for president, especially if it's a losing battle. However, he can still become an even bigger force in washington by becoming a senator, and he would only have to spend a fraction of the time and money campaigning.

I support him 100% for a senate run.

what could he do in the Senate that is MORE important than his position as Chairman of the subcommittee on Monetary Policy??

Tinnuhana
01-26-2011, 11:55 PM
He'd be on the senate versions of the committees he's on now. But someone said his seniority wouldn't transfer with him so he wouldn't chair any bif committees. True?

PermanentSleep
01-27-2011, 12:05 AM
This whole Senate thing is keeping his name in the press, but it isn't just his name they are having to print. The media is actually having to say he would likely win and things of that nature. Such things were blasphemy before. Ron Paul couldn't win anything or shouldn't win anything according to the media back in the last Presidential election. Like many of us have said, it's a trick to distract from the presidency. So let the powers that be continue talking this up. They are only enhancing his credibility by speculating a highly probably win in a Senate election. I say keep "considering it" up until he announces for President. They'll be all like :eek: and we'll be all like :cool:

I mean hell, this article called him the "intellectual godfather of the Tea Party movement". When was the last time we heard that, if ever in a news article?

rp08orbust
01-27-2011, 12:17 AM
He'd be on the senate versions of the committees he's on now. But someone said his seniority wouldn't transfer with him so he wouldn't chair any bif committees. True?

True. House seniority counts only for the purpose of breaking ties in Senate seniority (and there are other tie-breakers with greater weight than House seniority).

TNforPaul45
01-27-2011, 12:20 AM
Ron must be very wary of this, because they are dangling a carrot in front of him to divert him away from the race that really matters to us and that would really hurt them. I think that he is too smart to not see through this trap.

rp08orbust
01-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Maybe Ron Paul should string the media along further by forming a Senate exploratory committee--just to "explore" it a bit more LOL.