PDA

View Full Version : Use the T-Shirts!

reboot_dc
10-22-2007, 10:40 AM
Thank you to the Tempe area Paulites who were selling T-Shirts at the Obama rally (at ASU) on Friday. I realized that I wanted one for my high-school reunion on Saturday, but it was too late to order one off of CafePress.

I found the Paul supporters outside the rally, bought myself a "Ron Paul Revolution" shirt and wore it to my class reunion picnic, with much success. Many people asked about it, and I got a lot of "I've seen those signs, what does he stand for?"

I felt like I was really helping get his name into people's heads, which is one of the things we need most right now. It was especially successful since people at a class reunion are looking for something to make conversation about. Why not become a walking billboard? If you have a class reunion coming up with some kind of informal event, I would encourage you to do the same.

If not, there's always Thanksgiving.

damijin
10-22-2007, 10:44 AM
I wear my Ron Paul For President 2008 t-shirt every time I'm in an airport. People *DO* look at it. I notice when I'm sitting in the terminal, people walking by read my shirt, the security people read my shirt, the PILOT read my shirt.

In fact, getting on a plane home from Columbus airport recently, I was stopped by the co-pilot while boarding, I guess it was hard for him to read so he grabbed my shoulder and held my shirt facing him and went "ohhh, Ron Paul... I thought it said Ru Paul :)"

But regardless of their interpretation, they DO read it.

andrewgreve
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
In fact, getting on a plane home from Columbus airport recently, I was stopped by the co-pilot while boarding, I guess it was hard for him to read so he grabbed my shoulder and held my shirt facing him and went "ohhh, Ron Paul... I thought it said Ru Paul :)"

And you got on this flight with the blind co-pilot!? lol.

margomaps
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
I wear my Ron Paul For President 2008 t-shirt every time I'm in an airport. People *DO* look at it. I notice when I'm sitting in the terminal, people walking by read my shirt, the security people read my shirt, the PILOT read my shirt.

I was just thinking about posting a thread like this one.

I wore my Ron Paul t-shirt to the airport the other day. Flight was delayed, so I found myself wandering around a busy airport for a couple hours. I got lots of looks. I made a point to watch people's eyes as I walked past, and I'd guess that maybe 1/5 or so were reading my shirt.

One guy saw me and had an outburst: "Ron Paul!!!" I stopped and talked to him and his wife for a minute, and they were just excited to see another Ron Paul supporter out there. They were lifelong Democrats who had recently -- and reluctantly -- registered as Republicans to vote for Paul in the primaries. That really made my day.

Also, earlier in the day I found out that two co-workers were very interested in Ron Paul. They had remembered his name from me talking about him in months past, and apparently they've begun to see his name on the media more and more lately. After looking at some youtube clips, they were both considering voting for Ron Paul. I think the only thing holding them back is the fear that they'll be voting for a loser. But if Ron does well in the early primaries, watch for the momentum to build, and people like my co-workers to jump off the fence!

hopeforamerica
10-22-2007, 11:00 AM
Thank you to the Tempe area Paulites who were selling T-Shirts at the Obama rally (at ASU) on Friday. I realized that I wanted one for my high-school reunion on Saturday, but it was too late to order one off of CafePress.

I found the Paul supporters outside the rally, bought myself a "Ron Paul Revolution" shirt and wore it to my class reunion picnic, with much success. Many people asked about it, and I got a lot of "I've seen those signs, what does he stand for?"

I felt like I was really helping get his name into people's heads, which is one of the things we need most right now. It was especially successful since people at a class reunion are looking for something to make conversation about. Why not become a walking billboard? If you have a class reunion coming up with some kind of informal event, I would encourage you to do the same.

If not, there's always Thanksgiving.

That's awesome! Hey are you in our meetup group? We are very active and have great stuff going on. Join us and join the fun!!

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/7/