PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen: 33% of GOP Voters Hope Palin Isn’t 2012 Nominee (has some GOP #s for Ron)

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 06:25 PM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/general_politics/january_2011/33_of_gop_voters_hope_palin_isn_t_2012_nominee

It has some favorability ratings amongst GOP for Ron as well.

1. Now I’m going to read you a short list of people in the News. For each, please let me know if you have a very favorable, somewhat favorable, somewhat unfavorable, or very unfavorable impression.

Mitt Romney 81%
Sarah Palin 79%
Mike Huckabee 77%
Newt Gingrich 70%
Ron Paul 53%

2. Which potential candidate would you least like to see get the nomination for president…Mitt Romney, Sarah Palin, Mike Huckabee or Newt Gingrich?

Mitt Romney 15%
Sarah Palin 33%
Mike Huckabee 13%
Newt Gingrich 23%
The survey of 1,000 Likely GOP Primary Voters was conducted on January 18, 2011 by Rasmussen Reports. Likely GOP Primary Voters include both Republicans and unaffiliated voters likely to vote in a GOP Primary.

However, using a 'likely voter' model might screen out a lot of Ron supporters who might not historically be considered 'likely' to vote in a GOP primary, for what it is worth.

ronaldo23
01-26-2011, 07:24 PM
Nice...we gotttta win CPAC. If Ron takes it home, he's going to get tons of media coverage since Romney is the one who is 'supposed' to win it on an pre-election year. Did he say that he would make a decision soon after CPAC? When did he annnounce for '08?

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 07:31 PM
Nice...we gotttta win CPAC. If Ron takes it home, he's going to get tons of media coverage since Romney is the one who is 'supposed' to win it on an pre-election year. Did he say that he would make a decision soon after CPAC? When did he annnounce for '08?

I've read on these forums that he announced in March, after his exploratory c'ee, and that he would skip the committee, this time.