PDA

View Full Version : If Romney wins straw poll

The Dark Knight
01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
We Boo at the top of our lungs. All 500 hundred+ of us. see how the media reacts......

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 05:28 PM
No. They are rude. We aren't.

(shhhh!)

I mean, what we do reflects on RP, and yes, they hold us to a stricter standard.

Agorism
01-26-2011, 05:29 PM
We booed Mike Pence

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 05:30 PM
We booed Mike Pence

Sigh.....

specsaregood
01-26-2011, 05:30 PM
We booed Mike Pence
Well that guy appears to have the devil inside him.

rp08orbust
01-26-2011, 05:31 PM
From the latest email from Steve Bierfeldt:

Time is running out to join nearly 1,000 of your fellow Campaign for Liberty members at CPAC 2011.

Am I being too optimistic in inferring that C4L/YAL is close to meeting their goal of doubling last year's C4L/YAL attendance of over 500?

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
From the latest email from Steve Bierfeldt:

Am I being too optimistic in inferring that C4L/YAL is close to meeting their goal of doubling last year's C4L/YAL attendance xxxxxxx

Always assume there are too few.

And I hear some are buying our tickets for the deals, not necessarily supporting Ron. (Per a student who got the tip to go to YAL for discounted tickets.) I wouldn't post numbers on the internet, though. It gives competitors a specific number to beat.

rp08orbust
01-26-2011, 05:38 PM
Always assume there are too few.

And I hear some are buying our tickets for the deals, not necessarily supporting Ron. (Per a student who got the tip to go to YAL for discounted tickets.) I wouldn't post numbers on the internet, though.

There were fears of that happening at the SRLC, but Ron Paul's one-vote loss happened not because a bunch of Romney-supporting students scooped up YAL tickets, but because half of those who bought tickets never picked them up.

You're right though, don't anyone assume we have enough attending CPAC until Ron actually wins the straw poll. (I also remember Matt Collins posting here from the SRLC saying we had the SRLC straw poll in the bag.)

MRoCkEd
01-26-2011, 05:40 PM
If Romney wins the straw poll, we all boo the Ron Paul supporters who could have come, but didn't.

rp08orbust
01-26-2011, 05:47 PM
If Romney wins the straw poll, we all boo the Ron Paul supporters who could have come, but didn't.

Heck, we should boo any able Ron Paul supports who didn't go if Ron gets less than 50%. We have the numbers to make it an absolute blow-out for Ron Paul if the motivation were there.

BrooklynZoo
01-26-2011, 05:49 PM
There were fears of that happening at the SRLC, but Ron Paul's one-vote loss happened not because a bunch of Romney-supporting students scooped up YAL tickets, but because half of those who bought tickets never picked them up.

This is exactly why I'm trying to make it out there to frosty, corrupt D.C., just about the last place I'd normally want to go. Romney must not win! You can be certain that if my friend and I get to CPAC we won't be missing registration deadlines or our chance to vote. This is important, people!

Kýrie eléison
01-26-2011, 05:49 PM
It may be better to simply withhold applause. Booing may simply add to the overall noise, with clapping being the dominant sound heard, therefore making it sound like more people supported Romney than we did. So perhaps by just remaining silent, that could make more of an impact. I don't really know how many people are going to be in the room when results are announced though, so what I say might totally not even apply.