PDA

View Full Version : Soon: Rand on CNN's Blitzer with Bernie Sanders

StateofTrance
01-26-2011, 05:02 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276787-Soon-Rand-on-CNN-s-Blitzer-with-Bernie-Sanders&p=3080124#post3080124

StateofTrance
01-26-2011, 05:11 PM
He's ON NOW!!

MRoCkEd
01-26-2011, 05:12 PM
That's Wolf Blitzer, not Bernie Sanders.

StateofTrance
01-26-2011, 05:14 PM
Of course..I heard Wolf said before that Bernie Sander would be there too or something..Idk

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 05:19 PM
Of course..I heard Wolf said before that Bernie Sander would be there too or something..Idk

Too bad. I was hoping Wolf would ask Rand if Rand thought Sanders sold Ron out with his sell out on the Audit bill.....

Tube?

Brett85
01-26-2011, 05:22 PM
Blitzer: "So you would end all foreign aid, including aid to Israel?"

Rand: "Yes."

Rand is awesome!

Guitarzan
01-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Cleverly phrased questions about his spending cuts bill, in order to make Rand look bad. Rand knocked every one of them out of the park. He's pretty clever himself.

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Sanders wants a single payer program, no more private insurance.

Inkblots
01-26-2011, 05:58 PM
Is there a Youtube video?

TXcarlosTX
01-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Blitzer: "So you would end all foreign aid, including aid to Israel?"

Rand: "Yes."

Rand is awesome!

thats some gangster shit!

ctiger2
01-26-2011, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-5q4Bk8YPo

down_south
01-26-2011, 07:42 PM
I once mentioned to Republicans that I would eliminate aid to Israel....you would have thought I suggested killing their mothers by their reactions!

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 08:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-5q4Bk8YPo

Damn! Electing Sen. Paul was money well spent!

Bruno
01-26-2011, 08:53 PM
"Just to be clear, end all foreign aid, including to Israel as well..."

uh, yeah, you got it, Wolf!

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 08:56 PM
"Just to be clear, end all foreign aid, including to Israel as well..."

uh, yeah, you got it, Wolf!

Wolf just couldn't believe it, could he? Sen. Paul told AIPAC the same thing in 2009, and they took it well.

Justinjj1
01-26-2011, 08:57 PM
"Israel is a fountain of peace and democracy in the Middle East"

That's news to me. But otherwise, kudos to Rand to wanting to cut off their foreign aid. I've been a harsh critic of his, but I will give credit where it is due. On the other hand, a 6% cut in the military budget is pretty much a joke, but it's better than nothing I guess.

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 08:58 PM

That's news to me.

Yes, that's news to me too, unless one considers American a fountain of peace.

On the other hand, a 6% cut in the military budget is pretty much a joke, but it's better than nothing I guess.

More proposals are coming, he's just getting warmed up.

Brett85
01-26-2011, 09:09 PM

That's news to me. But otherwise, kudos to Rand to wanting to cut off their foreign aid. I've been a harsh critic of his, but I will give credit where it is due. On the other hand, a 6% cut in the military budget is pretty much a joke, but it's better than nothing I guess.

The 6% figure is deceiving. Rand's proposal transfers the coast guard from the Homeland Security deparment to the defense department, and it transfers about half of the department of energy to the defense department. If he hadn't done this, the defense cuts would've been much steeper.

sofia
01-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Did u guys know that Blitzer was a press secratary for AIPAC about 20 years ago?

6% military cut? Come on Rand.....u can be bolder than that..

SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Military are where the REAL money is at.

Until Rand says to raise retirement age to 70 , close down Korean, German, and Japan bases, and do means test for Medicare....he's just blowin smoke.

Brett85
01-26-2011, 09:12 PM
SS, Medicare, Medicaid are where the REAL money is at.

Rand is going to propose cuts for those things later on.

sofia
01-26-2011, 09:21 PM
I wish Rand would stop repeating the MYTH about us funding our debt thru China. China only holds about 7% of our total debt. The Federal Reserve holds about 50%!

China at least pays real cash for our bonds, wheras the Fed prints it. Whats up with Rand ignoring this?

ctiger2
01-26-2011, 09:24 PM
I wish Rand would stop repeating the MYTH about us funding our debt thru China. China only holds about 7% of our total debt. The Federal Reserve holds about 50%!

China at least pays real cash for our bonds, wheras the Fed prints it. Whats up with Rand ignoring this?

Give him some time. He won't let you down.

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 09:25 PM

China sells, crying about the Fed makes some run. You want to reach the masses - speak their language.

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 09:26 PM
Rand is going to propose cuts for those things later on.

He's not listening [Sofia]!

sofia
01-26-2011, 09:29 PM
China sells, crying about the Fed makes some run. You want to reach the masses - speak their language.

I hear ya...but the masses need to be educated eventually.

They may not be ready for lectures on Hayek....but I see no reason why Rand cant say that the Fed is printing money to fund our debt and that is driving up food costs.....Not a very complicated concept for even dummies to grasp.

Fox McCloud
01-26-2011, 09:29 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Estimated_ownership_of_US_Treasury_securities_by_c ategory_0608.jpg

this is from June 2008; wouldn't be surprised that the Fed owns more of our debt now than back then, considering its recent programs.

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Not a very complicated concept for even dummies to grasp.

Here's what dummies hear: Oh, The Federal Reserve, a government agency, owns our debt, what's wrong with that? That's what the proles think, they don't understand it's a private cartel.

Rand should stay away from the tinfoil and stick to the beef - it's working.

sofia
01-26-2011, 09:35 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/63/Estimated_ownership_of_US_Treasury_securities_by_c ategory_0608.jpg

this is from June 2008; wouldn't be surprised that the Fed owns more of our debt now than back then, considering its recent programs.

and the red portion is ALL foreign countries...with Japan, Taiwan, and saudi all holding almost as much as China. It's just bizarre how this "China holds our debt" bullshit is so pervasive....The Fed bosses are behind this China disinfo so as to hide their OWNERSHIP of this country.

sofia
01-26-2011, 09:37 PM
Here's what dummies hear: Oh, The Federal Reserve, a government agency, owns our debt, what's wrong with that? That's what the proles think, they don't understand it's a private cartel.

Rand should stay away from the tinfoil and stick to the beef - it's working.

fair enough....but for heaven's sake.....how can he not mention Bernanke's and Obama's money printing when we can all see whats going on at the gas station and grocery store!

HarryBrowneLives
01-26-2011, 09:45 PM
...Lot of discussion on this thread about differences with Rand's proposal. Good discussion for parlor talk. However, (I'm 41 BTW) we should remind ourselves that this is the first time in most of our lifetimes that we can remember ONE person in Congress who has actually submitted a budget for consideration that cost less than the last one!

Politics is 90% timing, so we don't and can't know what the future holds, but, at some point, this man should be POTUS!

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 09:48 PM
fair enough....but for heaven's sake.....how can he not mention Bernanke's and Obama's money printing when we can all see whats going on at the gas station and grocery store!

Gas is 3 dollars a gallon, it used to be 4 a few years ago, so I wouldn't float my case on that one. Grocery store prices have been going up my whole lifetime, so most people are used to it. If you try to explain monetary policy and inflation on TV, you'll lose, especially on liberal networks. You don't have the time. China is easier, because the media has programmed the proles to hate China. It's not like Rand hasn't made the case for inflation and opposed Bernanke throughout his campaign.

Many people second guessed Rand the whole election cycle, but he proved them all wrong!

Bman
01-26-2011, 09:57 PM

I've got a song for you. I want you to listen carefully to the words.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzfCgycpoqs

sofia
01-26-2011, 10:03 PM
well...maybe you guys are right.

Concepts which are so easily understandable to us, may in fact confuse the proles....

Speak the 100% truth and people either get confused or reject you as a nutcase.

Skirt the truth and our enemies get off the hook for their criminal activities.

a pretty sad state of affairs.

CUnknown
01-26-2011, 10:23 PM
Did u guys know that Blitzer was a press secratary for AIPAC about 20 years ago?

6% military cut? Come on Rand.....u can be bolder than that..

SS, Medicare, Medicaid, Military are where the REAL money is at.

Until Rand says to raise retirement age to 70 , close down Korean, German, and Japan bases, and do means test for Medicare....he's just blowin smoke.

Blowing smoke? 500 billion? Wow, blow me some smoke then. 500 bil is quite a bit of money, even these days, seriously.

He is going to be bolder than that when he proposes his balanced budget. This was his modest proposal. Besides ... the military budget has been growing every year for how long now? A 6% cut is news, imo. And if we get a 6% cut every year? That would go a long way to solving the long-term budget crisis.

Baby steps, man. As long as we're walking in the right direction, I am fine with baby steps. We've been going in the wrong direction for so damn long now..

ElCount
01-26-2011, 11:54 PM

Well it does say Federal Reserve and Intragovernmental Holdings.

The Federal Reserve's holdings of Treasury securities hasnt significantly exceeded $1 trillion, so you can hardly say they hold close to 50% of our debt.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/fredgraph.png?bgcolor=%23B3CDE7&chart_type=line&drp=0&fo=ve&graph_bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&height=378&mode=fred&preserve_ratio=checked&recession_bars=On&txtcolor=%23000000&ts=8&width=630&id=TREAST&scale=Left&range=Max&cosd=2002-12-18&coed=2011-01-19&line_color=%230000FF&link_values=false&line_style=Solid&mark_type=NONE&mw=4&lw=1&ost=-99999&oet=99999&mma=0&fml=a&fq=Weekly,+As+of+Wednesday&fam=avg&fgst=lin&transformation=lin&vintage_date=2011-01-26&revision_date=2011-01-26

And... http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h41/current/h41.htm#h41tab1

Fox McCloud
01-27-2011, 12:21 AM
Well it does say Federal Reserve and Intragovernmental Holdings.

The Federal Reserve's holdings of Treasury securities hasnt significantly exceeded $1 trillion, so you can hardly say they hold close to 50% of our debt.

http://research.stlouisfed.org/fred2/graph/fredgraph.png?bgcolor=%23B3CDE7&chart_type=line&drp=0&fo=ve&graph_bgcolor=%23FFFFFF&height=378&mode=fred&preserve_ratio=checked&recession_bars=On&txtcolor=%23000000&ts=8&width=630&id=TREAST&scale=Left&range=Max&cosd=2002-12-18&coed=2011-01-19&line_color=%230000FF&link_values=false&line_style=Solid&mark_type=NONE&mw=4&lw=1&ost=-99999&oet=99999&mma=0&fml=a&fq=Weekly,+As+of+Wednesday&fam=avg&fgst=lin&transformation=lin&vintage_date=2011-01-26&revision_date=2011-01-26

And... http://www.federalreserve.gov/releases/h41/current/h41.htm#h41tab1

it would be nice if "other intragovernmental holdings" was defined a bit more clearly.

anaconda
01-27-2011, 02:52 AM
Damn! Electing Sen. Paul was money well spent!

I'm getting my $225 worth! And six years to go! WooHoooo!