PDA

View Full Version : Mentally Challenged Florida Man on Fox News: "Ron Paul is Certifiably Insane"

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Mentally Challenged Florida Man on Fox News: "Ron Paul is Certifiably Insane" (http://www.thespoof.com/news/spoof.cfm?headline=s2i26038)
Written by funwithwords
Story written: 22 October 2007

Eyewitness News 9, Orlando, Florida -- The Fox News Presidential pre-debate show of pre-screened "undecided voters" featured an alleged Florida voter with a long history of mental developmental issues earlier this evening.

"Ron Paul is certifiably insane," the man blurted out uncontrollably as pollster Frank Luntz approached him with a question. As the man wiped drool from his face, he also exclaimed, "my daddy can beat Ron Paul up too," before the camera abruptly turned away.

After the debates, we decided to catch up with the man so as to interview him ourselves. What we found surprised us as this was apparently the same 36 year old man that can be seen walking the streets of Orlando at all hours of the day -- and has done so for years.

"Oh yeah, I knew who he was as soon as I saw him on TV," chuckled a local 7-11 clerk, "he comes in here all the time and buys the same candy necklaces most everyday." Asked if she'd ever witnessed him lash out as he did during the pre-debate show on Fox News, the manager noted, "well, I think he's probably harmless, but he pretty much blurts stuff out to lots of people. Most people around here are accustomed to it -- I've never seen him actually try to hurt anybody though. He lives just down the street with his mom and dad."

The clerk went on to speculate, "I think he gets those random phrases from family members."

We also caught up with a participant of the pre-debate show, ironically a Ron Paul supporter. "I was really surprised that they put that guy in there with us," she stated. "I was sitting very close to him and as soon as he went off like that, I found it disturbing. I decided to keep my support for Paul to myself at that point so as not to risk another outburst on live television directed at me," the participant went on to explain. "Of course, I could tell he was a little slow just by looking at him, but I didn't want to take any chances."

After digging a little deeper, it seems that pollster Frank Luntz is no stranger to controversy himself. However, placing a mentally challenged man prone to uncontrolled outbursts on live television with a room full of Florida's undecided voters was, perhaps, a new low for even Frank Luntz and Fox News....

The story above is a satire or parody. It is entirely fictitious.

pazzo83
10-22-2007, 10:27 AM

You saw that, right?

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 10:30 AM

You saw that, right?

Umm...yeah, I did. Did you?

Did you really think anyone with their brain on would think otherwise?

Man, seriously, every time I post satire here I wonder if we all don't need funny bone implants.

njandrewg
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
well the guy was a freeper...so the title isn't that far off

davidhperry
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
Man, seriously, every time I post satire here I wonder if we all don't need funny bone implants.

Yeah, many people are very serious on this board. We need to lighten up a bit.

saku39
10-22-2007, 10:34 AM
That was awesome. :)

reduen
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
I do not understand. Why would you want to purposly misslead us with a title like that? If this story is all a lie, then why even post it?

NinjaPirate
10-22-2007, 10:37 AM
I almost feel rick roll'd after reading the last line, haha.

Danny Molina
10-22-2007, 10:41 AM
It being true would be far funnier.

gpickett00
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
This needs to be placed under sticky

foofighter20x
10-22-2007, 10:53 AM
I'd like to know if the guy is a psychiatrist...

Because if he isn't, he's not qualified to determine the legal, certifiable insanity of ANY person.

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 10:54 AM
I do not understand. Why would you want to purposly misslead us with a title like that? If this story is all a lie, then why even post it?

Mislead you? It was the title of the damn story I was posting. Holy shit!

constituent
10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
thanks drnozone!