PDA

View Full Version : A million votes for RP in 5 minutes

davidkachel
10-22-2007, 10:24 AM
C'mon guys. If people were in fact paid to boo Ron Paul last night, getting just one of them to admit it publicly would get RP a million votes at least, in a matter of minutes.
If in fact the neocons are openly conspiring to make RP look bad, we should actively pursue proof.

rodent
10-22-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh, I agree with you. Except there might be a scarier, more depressing alternative here: Americans might really be that stupid.

Slugg
10-22-2007, 10:31 AM
Oh, I agree with you. Except there might be a scarier, more depressing alternative here: Americans might really be that stupid.

I think this is much more accurate. While there very well may have been 'paid' supporters there; the boos were 'sincere' and that's the worst part.

damijin
10-22-2007, 10:33 AM
I'm slowly becoming a fan of aristocracy. I used to believe everyone should have the right to vote, but when you boo someone who says "2+2=4" at the start of his answer, only to cheer "2+3=5" at the end... you're pretty much hopeless and should have your voting rights revoked :P

Edit: Also, my aristocracy would be run by people who can answer a Common Sense Test, rather than based on nobles and wealth :)

K1RBY
10-22-2007, 10:55 AM
i didnt think there was a "right to vote"....

ronpaulfan
10-22-2007, 10:58 AM
Here is the forum thread started by someone who was there:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=27655

werdd
10-22-2007, 11:00 AM
how do you know he got a million votes? Im trying to find the info on the collective number of votes in last nights text poll so if you can cite that info

apropos
10-22-2007, 11:03 AM
Edit: Also, my aristocracy would be run by people who can answer a Common Sense Test, rather than based on nobles and wealth

That's the reason the founders allowed only land owners to vote. They had a personal stake in getting the best people in the fledgling government, and were more likely to take the time to hear the issues and consider them.

davidkachel
10-22-2007, 11:05 AM
how do you know he got a million votes? Im trying to find the info on the collective number of votes in last nights text poll so if you can cite that info

You misunderstood. I am saying that if we can get someone to admit publicly that he/she got paid to boo RP by one of the other candidates or by Fox, it would do serious damage to the other candidates and help RP tremendously.

davidkachel
10-22-2007, 11:07 AM

There is that genuine possibility. But one credible witness can do one hell of a lot of damage.

Sematary
10-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I think this is much more accurate. While there very well may have been 'paid' supporters there; the boos were 'sincere' and that's the worst part.

I think it's great. It shows to the rest of the country (and the world) what a bunch of moronic losers the neocons REALLY are and (if anything) should help to garner him even MORE support.

Original_Intent
10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
If you found one person who would admit it, he would be written off as a Ron Paul supporter all along.

I tend to think that people are that stupid, they think they are watching a sporting event and want to cheer the perceived winner and boo the perceived loser so they can look cool to their neocon friends. They smelled blood and booed. It's that simple and that sad.

And my respect for Paul to be able to continue to deliver his answer in the face of that knows no bounds.

Freedom is popular.
The truth, not always so popular.

Pharoah
10-22-2007, 12:40 PM
I think it's more likely the booing was dubbed in via the mixing desk in their production room. These things are so staged. Watch and see if the video matches up with the audio. Try to figure if it's the same people that were actually there - actually booing.

uncloned21
10-22-2007, 12:42 PM
ok/.

SwooshOU
10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
Maybe we can bring back the three-fifths vote for neocons.

;)

Hey, I would have been booing right along with 'em if I was still a neocon. RP helped me see the light and now I see the error of my former ways.

FOR LIBERTY!

filmmaker58
10-22-2007, 12:48 PM
I doubt they were paid. They were just Thompson/Ghouliani/Bombney people. The good news is that may have been all of them.

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 12:50 PM
C'mon guys. If people were in fact paid to boo Ron Paul last night, getting just one of them to admit it publicly would get RP a million votes at least, in a matter of minutes.
If in fact the neocons are openly conspiring to make RP look bad, we should actively pursue proof.

Actually, I don't think American's in general would care much one way or the other.

Hope
10-22-2007, 12:53 PM
Why is it always a conspiracy? Is it really so far fetched that the neo-cons in attendence were booing Ron Paul of their own volition?

SwooshOU
10-22-2007, 12:55 PM
Why is it always a conspiracy? Is it really so far fetched that the neo-cons in attendence were booing Ron Paul of their own volition?

Exactly!

Proemio
10-22-2007, 02:06 PM
Why is it always a conspiracy?
Why is it always a conspiracy?

Because more often than not it is?
Because that is what the "Cigar and Port" crowd does all day long?
Because it works especially well in "the battle of ideas"?
Because it is the most powerful weapon for collectivist control freaks?
Because without it, common sense would always prevail?
Because without it, the self-appointed 'elites' would be toast?
Because there is such a huge effort to instantly poopoo and banish the mere idea?
Because if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a chicken?

Because even 'normal' people do it reflexively, as when they conspire to unleash a "money bomb" on a certain date to make a point?

And that is just scratching the surface...

Conspiracy had to precede the 'oldest profession' by at least a wink - think about it ;)

freedominnumbers
10-22-2007, 02:21 PM
The only thing that smacked of conspiracy to me was the spontaneous, yet fully synched boo mid statement.

I think that if the audience were going to boo it would have been a buildup effect, not all together out of nowhere.

Primbs
10-22-2007, 02:33 PM
I don't think the people who booed changed many minds in the television audience.

It might have worked to Ron Paul's benefit. It makes Ron Paul stand out in the crowd.

It shows Paul to be a principled guy.

Bill Clinton had the Sister Souljah effect where he told an audience what it didn't want to hear and it made him look more statesman like.

Ross Perot went to the Christian Coalition and told them things they didn't want to hear, but the public responded favorably.

Daveforliberty
10-22-2007, 02:34 PM
Someone who was there said it was a small group concentrated at the left rear of the room IIRC. Obviously they were coordinated, but we don't know by whom or what/if they were paid.

Daveforliberty
10-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Might have been all Free Republic volunteers

Pharoah
10-23-2007, 12:44 PM
If you haven't seen the Hitler vs. Mother Teresa video yet, it presents a brilliant satire on the whole debate:

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/016361.html