PDA

View Full Version : National Review: "Rand Paul for President" -- they like his SOTU response....

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 02:09 PM
I'm pretty sure that is just their version of 'Three cheers and a Tiger!' but I thought someone should post it.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/258080/rand-paul-president-john-derbyshire

Inkblots
01-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Well, of course the Derb is going to like it. Wake me up when Lowry or K-Lo has something nice to say about real fiscal conservatism.

Brett85
01-26-2011, 02:12 PM
Isn't this guy somewhat of a neocon?

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 02:13 PM

I don't know. Comments are saying he doesn't believe in voting.... and that his co-bloggers are going to faint.

Inkblots
01-26-2011, 02:16 PM

Hah, are you kidding? You obviously don't know much about John Derbyshire. You should check out his writings - he's NRO's token member of the Old Right.

MRoCkEd
01-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Isn't he one of the more prominent paleocons?

Guitarzan
01-26-2011, 02:24 PM
Derb is pretty good. I'd consider him a paleo.

traditional conservative, you crack me up. Weren't you in a thread just yesterday complaining at how some folks here throw the term "neocon" around too lightly? lol

dannno
01-26-2011, 02:28 PM
Let's see if this comment gets approved:

"The 2 most important things going on right now are ECONOMICS and TERRORISM."

More people die from peanut allergies than terrorism, so obviously peanut allergies are more important.

Why don't we spend a trillion dollars a year to help prevent people from dying due to peanut allergies? Because it just isn't economically feasible, more people would end up dying from the suffering and misery of the IRS taking money people need to for food and shelter, and to employ those who desire food and shelter.

We need to use our military for self defense. Focus on self defense, not offense. The offensive nature of our military creates more terrorism and hatred, so our offensive military strategy is actually endangering us as citizens. Our offensive military is driven by the interest of foreign oil corporations and the military industrial complex, of which Eisenhower warned us of strongly.

sailingaway
01-26-2011, 02:32 PM
Picked up at wsj online: http://onespot.wsj.com/politics/2011/01/26/514c3/rand-paul-for-president

dannno
01-26-2011, 02:33 PM
Wow.. they put up my comment

teacherone
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM
Wow.. they put up my comment

great comment it was!

Sola_Fide
01-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I agree with the Derb.

Rand Paul just oozes "presidential". I've seen it from when he was in the primaries. I can't put my finger on it, but when I see Rand speak, it just seems like I am looking at a future president.

Now, I don't know why ANYBODY in the world would want to be president...Especially given the economic situation we will be in for decades...

Chieppa1
01-26-2011, 02:38 PM
Thumbs up for the peanut comment Danno.

Brett85
01-26-2011, 02:45 PM
Hah, are you kidding? You obviously don't know much about John Derbyshire. You should check out his writings - he's NRO's token member of the Old Right.

You're probably right. I must be mistaking him for somebody else. I just know that the National Review definitely isn't part of the Old Right.

Brett85
01-26-2011, 02:47 PM
Derb is pretty good. I'd consider him a paleo.

traditional conservative, you crack me up. Weren't you in a thread just yesterday complaining at how some folks here throw the term "neocon" around too lightly? lol

Yeah. That's why I used the term "somewhat." But apparently I was thinking of somebody else. It's good to know that there are still a few paleo-cons around.

Guitarzan
01-26-2011, 03:04 PM
I meant no offense...just cracked me up. Just shows how easy it is to 'do as the Romans do'.

radiofriendly
01-26-2011, 03:24 PM
Let's Drudge Bomb this National Review Link!!!!

Rand's Budget is now top of Drudge! - Let's add "National Review: Rand for President?"