PDA

View Full Version : Is Sarah Palin a Conservative?

Magicman
01-26-2011, 11:56 AM
I'm wondering this because I recently got into a debate with someone. I'd like to see facts or citations that prove whether she is or she isn't.

muzzled dogg
01-26-2011, 12:02 PM
paleoconservatives don't support the war(s)

Justinjj1
01-26-2011, 12:14 PM
Who cares? That term has lost all meaning.

fisharmor
01-26-2011, 12:20 PM
con·serv·a·tive (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/conservative)
   
1. disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
End the Fed? Nope... Abolish departments? Nope... Keep two-party system in place? Yep... Wars still raging on? Yep......
Definition 1: pass.

2. cautiously moderate or purposefully low: a conservative estimate.
Any new or radical ideas coming from her? Nope... any talk of budget cuts or downsizing? Nope...
Definition 2: pass.

3. traditional in style or manner; avoiding novelty or showiness: conservative suit.
Hm.... not sure about this one, since I don't know how many female politics superstars have had their own reality TV show before.
Definition 3: Jury's out.

4. ( often initial capital letter ) of or pertaining to the Conservative party.
No conservative party in the US, so inapplicable.

5. ( initial capital letter ) of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Conservative Jews or Conservative Judaism.
Keep the nation-state of Israel afloat at all costs? Yep....
Definition 5: pass.

6. having the power or tendency to conserve; preservative.
Well, we'll see if she can keep the American ship afloat, but I sincerely doubt that great hairstyling and a "you betcha" or two is what's going to keep things solvent...
Definition 6: fail.

By the dictionary definition, I'd say "mostly conservative".

specsaregood
01-26-2011, 12:22 PM
I'll just put this here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqdQY-4nxlI

akforme
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
she increased government spending, taxes, and power when she was in charge. She also thinks the state should know what drugs I've been prescribed, what my emails say, and that warrants are a waste of time.

Cutlerzzz
01-26-2011, 12:54 PM
Supported TARP, Cap and Trade, increased taxes and spending in Alaska. Try attacking her from the right, then move towards how the wars are expensive and unaffordable. I'd ask how the person you're debating expects anything close to a balanced budget with 700 billion dollar bailouts and a trillion dollar foreign policy.

sofia
01-26-2011, 12:57 PM
Sarah is a money grubbing ambitious phony.

Working Poor
01-26-2011, 04:45 PM
neo-con