PDA

View Full Version : Our secret advantage...

xerxesdarius
10-22-2007, 10:19 AM
With the emotional ups and downs in this campaign, I always like to think about all the things that we have going for us and how far we have come. Sure we own the internet, and have had excellent fundraising success, but I think our biggest asset is... our passion and energy.

The apathy of our opponent's followers is profound. Sure, a good number will vote out of instinct for whoever the mainstream media tells them to, but it looks increasingly likely that the parts of the Republican base that are usually most passionate (social conservatives), will likely stay home. Reading the thread here where most every post strongly and eloquently stated that if Ron Paul is not on the ballot, they would write him in moved me deeply. Don't believe for an instant the any of our opponents can generate that kind of dedication.

This is not to say that this will be easy. We will change some minds, but will not be able to deprogram a majority. But there is no doubt that I would rather stake my chances with not with the apathetic majority but with the passionate few.

Lets take over the party machine, or create our own machine to turn out the vote.

njandrewg
10-22-2007, 10:32 AM
if all of us turn out to vote, we have already won the primaries even if we are at 2% nationally.

RP4ME
10-22-2007, 10:35 AM
if all of us turn out to vote, we have already won the primaries even if we are at 2% nationally.

I cannot imagine any RP supporter NOT going to polls.....and please schedule you major surgeries fro another day!

njandrewg
10-22-2007, 10:38 AM
I cannot imagine any RP supporter NOT going to polls.....and please schedule you major surgeries fro another day!
thats exactly why I'm very optimistic about our chances. Right now other candidates are polling high because of name recognition...it does not mean their polls will translate into votes

kenc9
10-22-2007, 10:51 AM
This is why we will surprise the country with a Ron Paul win. The polls all say he has no chance and we know there will be all these Ron Paul voters coming out of the woodwork come election day.

I would like to see huge poll numbers like some of the others but it will just never be. RPs pollable majority support is here and there and every where.

We have to look at Web hits, Funds raised, and online polls and Blog mentions and of course the MSM attemps to slander him, after all if Dr. Paul was no real threat they would just leave him alone. :D

-ken

freelance
10-22-2007, 11:09 AM
I have been saying this since day one!

spivey378
10-22-2007, 11:13 AM
hold your friends who you got into RP accountable

throw a voting party

make it fun

even if he does poorly early on, have your friends go out and vote regardless

mobilize!

Original_Intent
10-22-2007, 11:17 AM
I think the best weapon we have in Utah right now is the general perception that Mitt Romney is a foregone conclusion in this state.

"No need for me to go vote, Mitt is gonna win by a landslide with or without me..."

Just keep thinking that...:)

EvilTwinkie
10-22-2007, 11:23 AM
If the other guys supporters cant even be bothered to support their guy in the post debate fox polls then weve got this thing in the bag :)

SouthernGuy15
10-22-2007, 11:32 AM
We can WIN this campaign!

However, we have to continue DONATING and INCREASING our numbers!

We need to each day DONATE and convince at least ONE OTHER PERSON to support Ron Paul!