PDA

View Full Version : Obama Makes TSA Joke About Airport Grope Downs At State Of The Union

Immortal Technique
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGyuvhKQ-HQ

Airing Date Jan.25, 2011

Obama Makes TSA Joke About Airport Grope Downs At State Of The Union

Way to sound like the common man there Barry:rolleyes:

Kludge
01-25-2011, 10:01 PM
How was that even a joke? "For some trips, it'll be faster than flying, without the pat-down... *stupid grin*"

low preference guy
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
How was that even a joke? "For some trips, it'll be faster than flying, without the pat-down... *stupid grin*"

he's a perv

Bruno
01-25-2011, 10:09 PM
showing his elitist colors

jmdrake
01-25-2011, 10:12 PM
What a jerk! Be sure to go to the youtube sight and vote up the video. (3 idiots have voted it down already).

sailingaway
01-25-2011, 10:14 PM
Since when has HE ever been through one?

Anti Federalist
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM

It's joke when you consider this:

Through the Transit Security Grant Program (TSGP), DHS has allocated $547 million to date to 60 of the Nation's mass transit and passenger rail systems in 25 states and the District of Columbia. As substantive lead for the program, TSA employs a risk-based prioritization in determining eligible passenger rail and transit agencies, funding allocations, and evaluations for award. This approach applies TSGP resources to generate the highest return on investment and, as a result, strengthen the security of the Nation's transit systems in the most effective and efficient manner.

http://www.tsa.gov/what_we_do/tsnm/mass_transit/sec_baseline.shtm

Captain America
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
snake oil salesman

jclay2
01-25-2011, 10:19 PM
I heard this on the radio while driving home and was thoroughly disgusted.

"Isn't it funny, people are getting groped at the airport. Lets make a joke out of it! hahahahha...."

:mad:

RileyE104
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM

Screw it being a joke, I take that as a promise! If what he's talking about actually happens then the government better not try to "securitize" it by adding the TSA.

People should save this video in case it ends up being like GHWB's "no new taxes".

jmdrake
01-25-2011, 10:32 PM
Screw it being a joke, I take that as a promise! If what he's talking about actually happens then the government better not try to "securitize" it by adding the TSA.

People should save this video in case it ends up being like GHWB's "no new taxes".

Actually that would be bad. Obama government creates high speed rail and nobody wants to use it, so he tried to herd people into using rail by making air travel (and car travel) as unpalatable as possible thus picking winners and losers. And there will likely be less competition in these high speed rail lines than there currently is in air travel.

jmdrake
01-25-2011, 10:35 PM
I asked my wife about this. She kinda sorta still supports Obama. (I know. I'm working on it. :p) Anyway, here's her observations. (I could watch the SOTU address without getting ill).

1) Very few people laughed.
2) His position is stupid. Whether something is bombed or not has nothing to do with whether it's an airplane or a train.

Spot on! (And no. Obama doesn't get to get away with saying something stupid just because it's also a lame attempt at humor).

Fox McCloud
01-26-2011, 12:13 AM
I dunno, I found it moderately amusing--it didn't come off as perverted or anything, just making a joke about the state of things.

That said, considering the context of his standing in the government, it does come off as a bit callous.

In any event, I very much doubt it'll hold true; long term--it'll only take a couple of terrorist attacks (or attempted) and you'll start to see ramped up security for trains and buses, as well.

jmdrake
01-26-2011, 12:29 AM
I didn't find it "sexually perverted" as I did "logically perverted" (trains are as much a target as anything else) and "constitutionally perverted".

I dunno, I found it moderately amusing--it didn't come off as perverted or anything, just making a joke about the state of things.

That said, considering the context of his standing in the government, it does come off as a bit callous.

In any event, I very much doubt it'll hold true; long term--it'll only take a couple of terrorist attacks (or attempted) and you'll start to see ramped up security for trains and buses, as well.

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGyuvhKQ-HQ

You lie! Everybody knows there would be pat-downs. Osama Bin Laden probably fell out of his chair laughing when Barack said that.

CaliforniaMom
01-26-2011, 12:44 AM
I hope they have one of these new fast railways near me, since I stopped flying after the TSA nightmare started. And I hope Obama's statement is a promise that there will be no pat downs to ride trains. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to visit my family in India without flying though. I'm hoping and praying that the nude body scanners and molestation by the TSA will stop. Is it possible to take a train to Mexico and then fly from there to India to avoid the bodyscans and pat downs?

RonPaulwillWin
01-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Interesting how you guys take it. Me and my buddies just laughed out loud saying that he owned himself.

doodle
01-26-2011, 01:11 AM
He's just a puppet.

dannno
01-26-2011, 01:12 AM
It's a joke because there WILL be a pat-down for the high speed trains.

Fox McCloud
01-26-2011, 01:38 AM
I didn't find it "sexually perverted" as I did "logically perverted" (trains are as much a target as anything else) and "constitutionally perverted".

Now that, I can agree with.

jmdrake
01-26-2011, 07:08 AM
I hope they have one of these new fast railways near me, since I stopped flying after the TSA nightmare started. And I hope Obama's statement is a promise that there will be no pat downs to ride trains. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to visit my family in India without flying though. I'm hoping and praying that the nude body scanners and molestation by the TSA will stop. Is it possible to take a train to Mexico and then fly from there to India to avoid the bodyscans and pat downs?

The TSA has backed way off. Oh the scanners are in place and their are still patdowns, but they are far more selective because of the opt out rebellion. (Ignore the lie the MSM tells you. Opt out day was a success). Someone I know recently traveled outside the U.S. and she knew she wasn't going to allow herself to be scanned or be inappropriately patted down. She politely told the TSA this, and they said "no problem", let her go through the old fashioned metal detectors, but added "Many people are voluntarily going through the scanners because they get through line faster." In other words we are in a different phase now. The government is trying to get people to willingly accept the tyranny instead of forcing it down our throats. That's no guarantee that you won't be patted down if you fly, but there's a better than even chance that a polite refusal will be accepted. And I really think they're trying to herd people into using trains instead of flying. Trains are easier to control.

Romulus
01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
You lie! Everybody knows there would be pat-downs. Osama Bin Laden probably fell out of his chair laughing when Barack said that.

This. Liar in chief implys there wouldn't be patdowns for a high-speed railway.

And his comment is sickening. Imagine a rape survivor having to go through these 'pat downs' and Obama thinks pat downs's are funny. :mad:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Surely, a man who bows to tyranny is no friend of the people. If for no other reason, then that is why he shouldn't be reelected. Why make him look better by smothering with added criticism? Instead, we should isolate who Obama truly is. As the president of the United States, he is the Commander and Chief, a leader sworn under oath to protect the Constitution, with him representing not only the kingly power of our nation as the President and the Chief Executive Officer, but one third of the power of our government as well. Yet, he bowed to tyranny? This is a slap on the faces of our Founding Fathers. It is the spitting on the formal documents of The Declaration of Independence, our nations divorce out from under tyranny, and on the U.S. Constitution, our nations marriage to a more perfect government.
Come on, guys. Quit being fruitless by saving your energy.

jmdrake
01-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Because the TSA tyranny is something that even many Obama supporters can readily realize is wrong. I don't understand why folks seem interested in taking ammo off the table just because there is other ammo that can be used.

Surely, a man who bows to tyranny is no friend of the people. If for no other reason, then that is why he shouldn't be reelected. Why make him look better by smothering with added criticism? Instead, we should isolate who Obama truly is. As the president of the United States, he is the Commander and Chief, a leader sworn under oath to protect the Constitution, with him representing not only the kingly power of our nation as the President and the Chief Executive Officer, but one third of the power of our government as well. Yet, he bowed to tyranny? This is a slap on the faces of our Founding Fathers. It is the spitting on the formal documents of The Declaration of Independence, our nations divorce out from under tyranny, and on the U.S. Constitution, our nations marriage to a more perfect government.
Come on, guys. Quit being fruitless by saving your energy.

buck000
01-26-2011, 12:40 PM
Of course there will be pat-downs, at least for the Harry Reid Memorial High-Speed Line from LA to Vegas, if only to ensure the passengers have their credit cards and cash with them. ;)

oyarde
01-26-2011, 07:39 PM
No matter how you look at it , it did not sound very " presidential " .