PDA

View Full Version : We've run out of chip ins for CPAC! Start one in RonPaul2012 CPAC forum if u need 1 2 go!

sailingaway
01-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I've seen a couple of people in general politics saying they'd go if they had the money, who are established forum members, and you really need to start chip ins and post them in the forum people are going to to donate. One guy who had never been on before started a chip in and got it filled -- I sure hope he's voting for Ron!

So don't be shy if people here know you, if $ is what is keeping you from going, particularly if you live close enough to drive (but even if you don't).

invisible
01-25-2011, 09:49 PM
Ok, I'll admit that I fit this description (90-120 min + traffic for the drive, and broke). I could probably round up at least 3 (haven't asked around yet) other warm bodies who are also RP supporters in the same boat and simply don't have the money to spend. With a bit of effort, I could probably fill a van (at least). I don't do the chipin thing, I hate registering for stuff online and giving away info, emails, etc. If someone wanted to work something out for tickets and gas, I would certainly be glad to discuss.

JoshLowry
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
Ron Paul supposedly lost the SRLC strawpoll by one vote to Mittens.

Don't be "that guy."

invisible
01-25-2011, 09:55 PM
Ron Paul supposedly lost the SRLC strawpoll by one vote to Mittens.

Don't be "that guy."

That's exactly why I posted, I'd really hate to see that happen again. I know I could get a van full of other broke RP supporters there if someone could cover the tix and gas, so figured I'd step up and say so.

college4life
01-25-2011, 10:01 PM
Please, invisible do a chipin even if you normally oppose such intrusions (I share your concerns).

Let's get every man and woman on our side to be there

MelissaCato
01-25-2011, 10:05 PM
Ok, I'll admit that I fit this description (90-120 min + traffic for the drive, and broke). I could probably round up at least 3 (haven't asked around yet) other warm bodies who are also RP supporters in the same boat and simply don't have the money to spend. With a bit of effort, I could probably fill a van (at least). I don't do the chipin thing, I hate registering for stuff online and giving away info, emails, etc. If someone wanted to work something out for tickets and gas, I would certainly be glad to discuss.

Same here, I hate asking for money. Although beings it's for Ron Paul 2012 ... maybe. LOL I can fill a bus. LMAO

sailingaway
01-25-2011, 10:08 PM
Same here, I hate asking for money. Although beings it's for Ron Paul 2012 ... maybe. LOL I can fill a bus. LMAO

He doesn't like registering. Heck when I chip in, I don't like my email and address being sent either, so I understand. But I don't know what else we can do about it in time to get you registered for CPAC. The discounts end at the end of the month, I believe, and you want to buy your tickets before then. All that is sent to people who chip in is your email address, and you need a bank account linked to it, I believe. Do you have an email address that doesn't give your name? And remember not to give away the info of the people who donate either.

And Melissa Cato, would you please get your chip in up there? I'm telling everyone in Ron Paul 2012 CPAC forum that you just don't love Ron enough...

Both of you, POST CHIP INS IN RON PAUL 2012 FORUM, CPAC 2011 SUBFORUM

Bergie Bergeron
01-25-2011, 10:15 PM
Ron Paul has recently said "I'm ambivalent... about what to do next and undecided." He's not sure the support is there, how about we prove it to him? Winning the CPAC poll will not only help him make his decision but it's also going to be the starting ground for Ron Paul, top tier candidate.

college4life
01-25-2011, 10:16 PM
We need to win in a landslide, I want at least 3000 votes for RP at a minimum.

invisible
01-25-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't have a bank account, paypal, nothing like that (I'm a cash-paying type of guy). One person I could ask has been turning a lot of people at her church on to RP, and reports great success, so I could potentially fill a bus as well. If someone wants to hook me (and as many people as I can get) up, I'd be glad to deliver.

Bergie Bergeron
01-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I don't have a bank account, paypal, nothing like that (I'm a cash-paying type of guy). One person I could ask has been turning a lot of people at her church on to RP, and reports great success, so I could potentially fill a bus as well. If someone wants to hook me (and as many people as I can get) up, I'd be glad to deliver.
You should contact Campaign for Liberty about that.

JoshLowry
01-25-2011, 11:34 PM
stevebierfeldt@gmail.com may be able to help you invisible.

sailingaway
01-25-2011, 11:49 PM
Also, maybe the woman from your church has a bank account and could collect a chip in.

invisible
01-26-2011, 12:11 AM
My involvement wouldn't go much beyond lining up some warm bodies and getting them there. I could probably get one person to volunteer their bank account (I know they have paypal as well). If I knew how many tickets could be made available, and knew that this was a sure thing, then I'll start making phone calls. If someone wanted to work with me on this, then I'm more than glad to go for it and deliver some warm bodies. Since it's DC (northern VA, IIRC, which is basically the same thing), I would expect parking to be an expense as well. I know nothing about chipins, that would have to be coordinated directly with one of the people I know. If someone wants to handle that end of things, I'll handle delivering some warm bodies. Is there a possibility of meeting RP? If so, that would certainly be an added enticement to convince others (I've already met him a bunch of times) to go.

invisible
01-26-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok, I've talked to the girl who I know who can bring more warm bodies from her church has agreed to set up the chipin, and says that she will able able to easily get others to attend (this is a former obomba voter who I have awakened, who has also successfully been working to awaken others). I'll be emailing her a bunch of links as soon as I finish with this post so that she can get started. Any suggested reading beyond what I've seen here on RPF would be appreciated. She does have an account here, but to my knowledge has never posted, so her posting in some of these CPAC chipin threads will be her first postings. Please do not be put off by her relatively recent (hey, it took me a year of lurking to finally register here) registration and low post count, this is a genuine RP supporter. Here we go again, this is starting to feel like 2007 all over again, isn't it great? Looks like activity here has been picking up as of late and some of the older members are returning (awesome to see ConstitutionGal back! hopefully Randy will return as well!). Josh, who exactly is the person whose email you mentioned, and how would they be able to help?

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 07:31 PM
It's an organizer from Campaign For Liberty, Ron Paul's organization.

invisible
01-26-2011, 08:45 PM
Ok, I sent off as much info as I could find. However, there was one thread I remember seeing here that I cannot find, it had all the info such as dates, location, etc. Does anyone know of a comprehensive general info link about CPAC that I can pass along? Many of the people we'll be asking to go are new to political activism, so this would be extremely helpful and time-saving in explaining things to those we would asking to go. TIA

Bergie Bergeron
01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Check this: http://www.campaignforliberty.com/event/cpac2011.php

invisible
01-26-2011, 09:30 PM
Thanks! Does anyone have another link that provides overview of the non-CFL speeches and activities schedule?

Matt Collins
01-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Well it appears that I have been unable to reach my necessary recruitment goal to attend CPAC via earned referral credit. Therefore I have created a Chip-In for the remainder of my expenses.

Any donations via Chip-In are greatly appreciated:

http://mattfornashvillegopchair.chipin.com/cpac

http://www.trinityum.org/images/donations1.jpg

Bergie Bergeron
01-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Every chip-in is done, anyone else?

invisible
01-27-2011, 11:36 PM
Ok, my friend created the chipin:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276974-another-CPAC-chipin-multiple-voters-low-travel-expenses&p=3082669#post3082669

http://yorkrpsupporters.chipin.com/c-pac-conference

Bergie Bergeron
01-27-2011, 11:39 PM
You should have started it in the CPAC section.

sailingaway
01-27-2011, 11:41 PM
Ok, my friend created the chipin:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276974-another-CPAC-chipin-multiple-voters-low-travel-expenses&p=3082669#post3082669

http://yorkrpsupporters.chipin.com/c-pac-conference

Add your chip in to this post: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276763-Do-you-have-any-money-to-spare-to-help-people-go-to-CPAC&p=3079823#post3079823

But also start a new thread in Ron Paul 2012 forum, CPAC 2011 subforum. That is where people who come in just to add to chip ins look.

sailingaway
01-27-2011, 11:43 PM
Add your chip in to this post: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276763-Do-you-have-any-money-to-spare-to-help-people-go-to-CPAC&p=3079823#post3079823

But also start a new thread in Ron Paul 2012 forum, CPAC 2011 subforum. That is where people who come in just to add to chip ins look.

However, I don't know how well you will do trying 'give us the money and we'll find the people'. Others have specifically committed to go, and have looked up best fares etc and let people judge whether it was cost effective to send them (so far the answer has been yes.) Under your plan, you could be planning to take three people first class, or something, when the same money would bring a lot of YAL folks. YOu might want to refine it.

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Since our travel distance is about 85 miles, our only expenses would be tickets, gas, and parking.
Nothing about airfares in there ;)

Bergie Bergeron
01-28-2011, 12:14 AM
5 chip-ins need help !! (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?276763-Do-you-have-any-money-to-spare-to-help-people-go-to-CPAC&p=3079823&viewfull=1#post3079823)

invisible
01-28-2011, 01:48 AM
However, I don't know how well you will do trying 'give us the money and we'll find the people'. Others have specifically committed to go, and have looked up best fares etc and let people judge whether it was cost effective to send them (so far the answer has been yes.) Under your plan, you could be planning to take three people first class, or something, when the same money would bring a lot of YAL folks. YOu might want to refine it.

No, it was stated in the description that our only expenses are tickets, gas, and parking. No airfares or hotels, since we're only about 85 miles away. We'll pack food and bring it with us, eliminating the expense of eating out (which is especially expensive in DC). Doing this on the cheap allows the highest votes / dollar ratio.

RonPaulFanInGA
01-28-2011, 02:16 AM
Would really love to post a chip-in and go; but can not and will not ask others for money so I can take what basically amounts to a mini-vacation.