PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's Likely to Raise Prices - Value of the Dollar Continues to go Down

DamianTV
01-25-2011, 08:49 PM
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-0125-mcdonalds-20110124,0,874800.story

Be prepared to pay more for burgers. McDonald's Corp. is looking to increase the price of some menu items as it tries to deal with the rising cost of beef and other ingredients.

McDonald's is not alone. The restaurant industry is expected to raise prices in the face of rising commodity costs, and grocery stores began raising prices last year.

The average price McDonald's pays for its most-used ingredients, such as chicken, wheat and cheese, is expected to go up 2% to 2.5% this year.

(more on link)

Shit, they already insist on charging a quarter for every extra ketchup packet over a total of two per order of fries, Carl's Jr. had this big thing about a $6 Dollar Burger, which now costs MORE than $6 bucks, and they arent advertising it anymore.

The thing that most people think immediately is they are RAISING their prices. They arent. The "price adjustment" is actually a correction due to the DECREASE in the PURCHASING POWER of the already weakend US Dollar.

People work just as hard for the same amount of money that their employers put in their pockets, but when the value of that money continues to go down, is that not in fact a PAY CUT?

AFPVet
01-25-2011, 09:44 PM
Fiat currency.... We need to get our money back from the globalists, get rid of the fed—and base our dollar on gold and silver again.

FtL1776
01-26-2011, 12:32 AM
It's food inflation and its effecting the whole world.

cubical
01-26-2011, 12:37 AM
Micky D's is now being effect because of the Ben Bernak? This has gone too far.

nobody's_hero
01-26-2011, 06:20 AM
Well, McDonalds did receive a bribe (or bailout—but certainly not a 'loan' as it was called) a while back to keep their food prices low.

DamianTV
01-26-2011, 06:31 AM
Then what changed so much that only now they are raising prices? Politics? Agreements? Price of Ingredients? Nay says I. Tis the Value of the Dollar.

I didnt choose Mickey D's as an arbitrary business. Fast food is actually a pretty fairweather guage as their prices dont fluxuate as often as, oh, I dont know, gasonline. Hell it was about 10 years ago that I remember Burger King had Whoppers for a buck. Last year (or the year before) Burger King franchises were whining that they could not turn over a profit on the ridiculusly small Whopper Jr. I know it sounds like I am a fast food conniseur, but I really am, and the name of the burgers and their respective prices is only a matter of semantics. Whopper Jr is really a whopper for a child. A Whopper was a decent sized sandwich. It isnt that the prices are going up, but by how much is what concerns me, and why I posted this article.

So, the real question isnt the Ammount of Money, but the Value of that Money (Currency, IE Fiat). Are you working TWICE as hard for the same ammount of money, or are you Getting Paid Half of what YOU were Worth 10 years ago?

Seraphim
01-26-2011, 07:37 AM
This is precisely why Ron Paul is adamant that this inflationary system is immoral beacuse of the TAX of controlled inflation. Direct violence against the wage and savings of the common person.

When discussing central banking, fiat, debt=money...Make this a point to people. Why do mom AND dad have to both work now and somehow they still need to load up on debt to pay for their lives and the lives of their children? Their wage is perpetually being destroyed. Because they are perpetually losing value in their denomination of wage earning and savings, they must move that money into investment to curb the loses. This however is largely futile for the avg person as the markets are controlled and rigged by the Oligopoly of Fiat Money.

Lose, Lose, Lose. Once people realize this...the fabric of money and economic exchange will be re-balanced.

Then what changed so much that only now they are raising prices? Politics? Agreements? Price of Ingredients? Nay says I. Tis the Value of the Dollar.

I didnt choose Mickey D's as an arbitrary business. Fast food is actually a pretty fairweather guage as their prices dont fluxuate as often as, oh, I dont know, gasonline. Hell it was about 10 years ago that I remember Burger King had Whoppers for a buck. Last year (or the year before) Burger King franchises were whining that they could not turn over a profit on the ridiculusly small Whopper Jr. I know it sounds like I am a fast food conniseur, but I really am, and the name of the burgers and their respective prices is only a matter of semantics. Whopper Jr is really a whopper for a child. A Whopper was a decent sized sandwich. It isnt that the prices are going up, but by how much is what concerns me, and why I posted this article.

So, the real question isnt the Ammount of Money, but the Value of that Money (Currency, IE Fiat). Are you working TWICE as hard for the same ammount of money, or are you Getting Paid Half of what YOU were Worth 10 years ago?

DamianTV
01-26-2011, 07:47 AM
What I thought was good about this article is that it gives the types of people that believe the government statistics that inflation is at 2% or what ever they say it is a way for them to measure themselves the actual rate of inflation. It is a way to move more people our direction, the anti money = debt point of view.

Talk about a Hedge Fund Liability to an average Faux News viewer and their minds go blank. Tell them that a packet of ketchup will cost them a buck and they will be up in arms. Hopefully, along side with us and willing to learn for themselves that not everything is the shining picture of wealth that our (un)elected leaders portray it to be.

hugolp
01-26-2011, 08:04 AM
Good catch.

The concentration of the new money in the commodities, specially food, is already causing riots in the poorest counties of the world and people is already starting to notice in the developed world. And it has only started.

Its funny because only two months ago Krugman was warning about deflation and saying that the price of commodities would not affect consumer prices.

Seraphim
01-26-2011, 08:05 AM
Further support that Krugman is a moron and a puppet.

Good catch.

The concentration of the new money in the commodities, specially food, is already causing riots in the poorest counties of the world and people is already starting to notice in the developed world. And it has only started.

Its funny because only two months ago Krugman was warning about deflation and saying that the price of commodities would not affect consumer prices.