PDA

View Full Version : Class Action Lawsuit Claims Taco Bell's Meat Isn't Beef

DamianTV
01-25-2011, 08:45 PM
Taco Bell's meat is so bad in fact that it doesn't even meet the USDA's definition of meat. What should be in meat? One ingredient. Meat.

http://eater.com/archives/2011/01/24/lawsuit-claims-taco-bells-meat-isnt-really-beef.php

Alabama law firm Beasley Allen has filed a class action lawsuit against Taco Bell that claims the chain is falsely calling its taco filling "seasoned beef" and "seasoned ground beef" when allegedly the mixture, which would be more properly called "Taco Meat Filling," only contains 36% beef. The firm is not asking for money, but is instead asking the chain to make changes to their menu to reflect the food they are serving.

What in the hell else is in there? >>>
What in the hell else is in there? Taco Bell's meat filling is people! No, it's mostly water and "extenders" like "wheat oats, soy lecithin, maltodrextrin, anti-dusting agent, autolyzed yeast extract, modified corn starch and sodium phosphate." Also, something called "Isolated Oat Product." Mmm, oat product.

The USDA defines beef as "flesh of cattle," which is a little biblical but seems straightforward enough. They define "Taco Meat Filling" as 40% meat, so if the lawsuit is correct, it seems like Taco Bell would have to up their beef levels to even qualify for that. The self-described "Mexican inspired" chain denies that their advertising is misleading and "[intends] to vigorously defend the suit."

Beasley Allen has sued several high profile companies in the past, including suits against Toyota after their massive recall, BP after the oil spill, and a side-effect related suit against Yaz birth control.

http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/4/2011/01/taco-meat.jpg

Taco Bell intends to completely fight the suit, although no monetary damages are being requested, just to know what is in their "not quite" meat.

What is the big deal here? Why do they intend to fight so hard to stop people knowing what the fuck is in that shit they call meat? What is the problem with just telling us what is in it?

Up is Down, Left is Right, Green is actually Polymethyl Dextrohrydrochloride, Criminals Lead the country, and Honesty means tattling on your neighbor to the local ganstas for infringing on their illegal business.

So, why dont they just tell us what is in the meat? Its not as if everyone is going to stop eating their garbage, they just want to know what is in it. What is the big deal about telling people what kind of poisons they put in their meat? Can someone answer this question for me?

oyarde
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Taco Bell's meat is so bad in fact that it doesn't even meet the USDA's definition of meat. What should be in meat? One ingredient. Meat.

http://eater.com/archives/2011/01/24/lawsuit-claims-taco-bells-meat-isnt-really-beef.php

Taco Bell intends to completely fight the suit, although no monetary damages are being requested, just to know what is in their "not quite" meat.

What is the big deal here? Why do they intend to fight so hard to stop people knowing what the fuck is in that shit they call meat? What is the problem with just telling us what is in it?

Up is Down, Left is Right, Green is actually Polymethyl Dextrohrydrochloride, Criminals Lead the country, and Honesty means tattling on your neighbor to the local ganstas for infringing on their illegal business.

So, why dont they just tell us what is in the meat? Its not as if everyone is going to stop eating their garbage, they just want to know what is in it. What is the big deal about telling people what kind of poisons they put in their meat? Can someone answer this question for me?

It is mostly oats & soy .

BlackTerrel
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Damn. And I like Taco Bell too.

ammorris
01-25-2011, 09:09 PM

Huh? We know what's in the meat. It's in the article you posted. Some busybody is suing Taco Bell to force them to stop calling their beef "beef" because said busybody does not like what is in it. This is idiotic. Aforementioned busybodies should mind their own damn business.

DamianTV
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Theres times I do too (like smoking a joint... but shhh!) however, why wont they just tell the people what is in it??

Legally, I dont think they should be able to call that shit MEAT if it isnt MEAT. Just call it whatever the fuck it is and we will probably continue to eat it all the same. So why dont they just tell us already?

oyarde
01-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Theres times I do too (like smoking a joint... but shhh!) however, why wont they just tell the people what is in it??

Legally, I dont think they should be able to call that shit MEAT if it isnt MEAT. Just call it whatever the fuck it is and we will probably continue to eat it all the same. So why dont they just tell us already?

How about meat sauce ? : )

Dr.3D
01-25-2011, 09:22 PM
Heck, if it's 36% beef, then it is beef with some additives. They might call those additives, seasonings. They are not doing anything wrong.

raiha
01-25-2011, 09:35 PM
Try feeding it to your dog. If your dog rejects it (like mine did with a sausage recently) well i guess something is not as someone would like it to seem.:)

UtahApocalypse
01-25-2011, 09:38 PM
All I can say is......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ug75diEyiA0

oyarde
01-25-2011, 09:41 PM
Try feeding it to your dog. If your dog rejects it (like mine did with a sausage recently) well i guess something is not as someone would like it to seem.:)

AH , I love Sausage .

DamianTV
01-26-2011, 12:59 AM
Actually, speaking of Dog Food, has anyone ever given their dogs this stuff in an big tube called Natural Balance? My wolfie wannabe's go ape shit over that stuff!

---

Taco Bell - Could always call it the same thing as the School Cafeteria does: Mystery Meat! Is it meat, or something else, no one really knows, so its a total mystery!

axiomata
01-26-2011, 06:58 AM
Never head Taco Bell in my life; no need to start now.