PDA

View Full Version : Ex-Marine arrested for smuggling guns into the UK in his suitcase.

Anti Federalist
01-25-2011, 06:04 PM
Here is the number one thing to take away from this story:

A number of 9mm semi-automatic pistols believed to have been bought by Mr Greenoe for $500 each in a North Carolina gunshop were offered for sale at up to £5,000 (Roughly $8000) a piece in Britain a week later, according to the Times.

So much for airport security: Man 'smuggled 80 guns into Britain' by hiding them in suitcases

By David Gardner

Last updated at 2:30 PM on 25th January 2011

An American man is suspected of smuggling 80 weapons into the UK by hiding them in his suitcases.

Former U.S. marine Steven Greenoe, who holds British citizenship, apparently strolled through airport security in both Britain and America with dozens of handguns stashed in his suitcases on ten flights last year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350295/Steven-Greenoe-smuggled-80-guns-UK-used-Manchester-shooting.html#ixzz1C5wfiCXR

oyarde
01-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Here is the number one thing to take away from this story:

So much for airport security: Man 'smuggled 80 guns into Britain' by hiding them in suitcases

By David Gardner

Last updated at 2:30 PM on 25th January 2011

An American man is suspected of smuggling 80 weapons into the UK by hiding them in his suitcases.

Former U.S. marine Steven Greenoe, who holds British citizenship, apparently strolled through airport security in both Britain and America with dozens of handguns stashed in his suitcases on ten flights last year.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1350295/Steven-Greenoe-smuggled-80-guns-UK-used-Manchester-shooting.html#ixzz1C5wfiCXR

How much is a weapons export license ??

tangent4ronpaul
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM

Irrelevant. Handguns are banned in England.

-t

Anti Federalist
01-25-2011, 06:18 PM

In this case, it wouldn't matter.

Handguns (with certain exceptions for muzzleloading antiques or replicas), of any kind, are prohibited in the UK.

As are any forms of self loading rifle, semi or auto.

Anti Federalist
01-25-2011, 06:18 PM

-t

Beat me by two minutes, Lol

oyarde
01-25-2011, 06:20 PM

-t

I thought so .

oyarde
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM
In this case, it wouldn't matter.

Handguns (with certain exceptions for muzzleloading antiques or replicas), of any kind, are prohibited in the UK.

As are any forms of self loading rifle, semi or auto.

Explains why I never saw any shotguns but doubles .

oyarde
01-25-2011, 06:21 PM

-t

I would still like to know , etirement oppurtunity : )