PDA

View Full Version : got a call from John Boehner last night....

surf
01-25-2011, 03:59 PM
He rattled on about jobs and Nancy Pelosi and Obamacare. when his recorded message ended i was able to talk to someone looking for money to help push the "republican agenda" and heard a warning that if i didn't help "Pelosi may be back in power in 2012."

As with all of these calls when the solicitor came on the phone following Boehner's thoughtless message i lit into her about "pissing away all of this money on perpetual war." As with all of the previous messages i've put up with listening to just so i could rip on the warfare state with someone, the solicitor agreed with me - then asked for a lesser amount of money:(

i stated that i will not give "one nickel" to the GOP as long as they continue to push for perpetual war. i asked that this message be forwarded to Boehner....

that's all. this may be the most pointless thread i've ever started, but i just felt like venting.

Kylie
01-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Good for you.

And I agree.

Michigan11
01-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Many repubs are sick and tired of this perpetual war as well, many have woken up, that is why Ron Paul if he runs will surge through the polls if he announces. I would never give a freakin dime to a "party" and I hope fewer and fewer people do so as well.

BTW, I think when I called his office about Ron's committee weeks ago, I accidentally said "boner" instead of the correct pronounciation. lol

Philmanoman
01-25-2011, 06:20 PM
BTW, I think when I called his office about Ron's committee weeks ago, I accidentally said "boner" instead of the correct pronounciation. lol

Accident heheh

I wonder what impact a coordinated effort like this would have over a few months of quite a few people doing this.

Koz
01-25-2011, 06:45 PM
I live in his district and call his office weekly. This week I was talking about the paltry $50 bil. in cuts he proposed and told his staffer it was not even a drop in the bucket and said if that's all he had he might as well step down now.

libertybrewcity
01-25-2011, 08:21 PM
I do that every time they call. I got a recorded message from Newt G once, and I gave them hell!

trey4sports
01-25-2011, 08:38 PM
I got a call from Newt as well, I talked to the lady about Ron Paul and whatnot for a good 20 minutes, good convo.....