PDA

View Full Version : A Declaration of Metaphorical War; Rules of a New Genre Called Renegade Writing

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-25-2011, 12:46 PM
A Declaration of Metaphorical War Against Pretentiousness;
The Rules of a New Genre Called Renegade Writing

By Uncle Emanuel Watkins

In the battle of words, here are some rules to help the American people get the upper hand against tyranny:

1) “My ancestors are not fools!” will always be the “main idea” in the content which I write and that battle cry will never change. As my "main idea" always reduces to such a meaning, it is the equivalent of a natural law because its truth is both self-evident and unalienable. Because self-evident and unalienable truths are not perceived by the human mind but by the conscience, the spirit, the heart, and the soul, condescending experts are not needed to explain them. So, I can be trusted. Because I can be trusted, I am understood.

In other words, this amounts to metaphorical war! That line has been crossed and violated! My ammunition, the method of writing that I will use to destroy their pretentiousness, is neither a result of my better education nor of a natural born ability I have; but, my better writing is a direct result of my belief that “my ancestors are not fools!” and my determination to establish such.

2) To gain trust with readers, I won't write “essays” either to a general, common audience nor to an elite, expert one. Instead, I will write “writs” to the lowest, unofficial person in our society with her living and working on the street as the lowest deemed prostitute. The written message on this writ will be limited to one side of a page as having to turn over the paper would be distracting to such a lowly, worthless person having to live under harsh conditions.

3) To avoid being out of touch, content by a renegade writer should be read and written in the same extreme cold and hot weather as the prostitute has to suffer: The ultimate truth belongs to the most desperate.

If we were given a choice between shooting and killing our own sons or taking the lives of other men instead, we would surely choose to save our own flesh and blood by shooting the strangers. As the classification of strangers are worthless in comparison to our own flesh and blood sons, so the Son of Man claimed Himself to be the most worthless offspring of the nameless and faceless.

4) As a renegade writer, I am a member of “the people” and not a member of the aristocracy of betters, whether they be from the public or private sector, with these members being part of the “necessary tyranny,” or the “more perfect government” established by our Founding Fathers to rule over us. Indeed, as such, I am always too busy and distracted to sort things out, and indeed, this does leave me as a powerless individual who can be easily manipulated and led around like a sheep. Therefore, as someone so disadvantaged, I will always believe and never violate the flow of edited fictional literature nor waste my time debating and arguing with any such information deemed officially acceptable or true by authority. Instead, as an unofficially deemed writer in comparison, I will be encouraged and empowered by picking up the pieces of the broken, minor characters in society in order to rewrite and to redefine them as the greatest.

This means, if still a student in school, then I should continue writing essays even though such a method has long cheated the people as it has become ignorant and out of touch.

5) Unlike what was once believed in the past, I don't need to partake in the rich endeavor of traveling all around the world to learn how to be a writer by observing different cultures. Instead, I can remain forever in one place rarely having to leave home. As they stuff their writing with shallow sophistication, I myself will violate the curriculum to bury the most difficult of content into my writing including such courses as science, math, and philosophy.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-26-2011, 11:27 AM
Revise and bump.
People don't believe that I have a political agenda. To the contrary, not only do I have an agenda, as I am an American, but, with the Grace of God, I plan on furthering the happiness of future posteriety by advancing the world's Social Contract.
Once again, the greatest of benefits are derived from the most precious of alterations.

tangent4ronpaul
01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
The Renegade Writer: A Totally Unconventional Guide to Freelance Writing Success (The Renegade Writer's Freelance Writing series) [Paperback]
http://www.amazon.com/Renegade-Writer-Totally-Unconventional-Freelance/dp/1933338008

Renegade Writing Service
http://renegadewritingservice.com/

Renegade Writing
http://www.renegadewriting.com.au/

The Renegade Writer
http://www.therenegadewriter.com/2009/11/29/on-writing-for-peanuts/

Renegade Writing e-course
http://alsoaparable.wordpress.com/2009/09/01/contest-freelance-writers-renegade-writing-e-course/

Neighborhood pride meets renegade writing.
http://www.mobypicture.com/user/dougmaccashTP/view/6146207

tangent4ronpaul
01-26-2011, 02:14 PM
A Declaration of Metaphorical War Against Pretentiousness;
The Rules of a New Genre Called Renegade Writing

By Uncle Emanuel Watkins

In the battle of words, here are some rules to help the American people get the upper hand against tyranny:

1) “My ancestors are not fools!” will always be the “main idea” in the content which I write and that battle cry will never change. As my "main idea" always reduces to such a meaning, it is the equivalent of a natural law because its truth is both self-evident and unalienable. Because self-evident and unalienable truths are not perceived by the human mind but by the conscience, the spirit, the heart, and the soul, condescending experts are not needed to explain them. So, I can be trusted. Because I can be trusted, I am understood.

In other words, this amounts to metaphorical war! That line has been crossed and violated! My ammunition, the method of writing that I will use to destroy their pretentiousness, is neither a result of my better education nor of a natural born ability I have; but, my better writing is a direct result of my belief that “my ancestors are not fools!” and my determination to establish such.

2) To gain trust with readers, I won't write “essays” either to a general, common audience nor to an elite, expert one. Instead, I will write “writs” to the lowest, unofficial person in our society with her living and working on the street as the lowest deemed prostitute. The written message on this writ will be limited to one side of a page as having to turn over the paper would be distracting to such a lowly, worthless person having to live under harsh conditions.

hmmmm... WTF??? :confused:

NiceGoing
01-26-2011, 03:02 PM
I am for **PLAIN-SPEAKING.**

If you have something to say, say it in English, as clearly as possible! I, and most others, do not need five-syllable words to create confusion in an already overwhelmingly confused/ confusing world.

In other words, down With "praexology" - "quantum thisesandthats", and similar foolish and pretentious (mis)uses of language!

:cool:

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-30-2011, 01:00 PM
In plain English? Okay. It was our Founding Father's burden to establish the people's Civil Purpose above the legal precedence of tyranny. Legal precedence is that long tradition of persecution substantiated because such actions had a long, endless history backing it up. In comparison, the "natural law" declared by our Founders superceded legal precedence with this being every past tradition and every future event yet to occur. You know, if you want to rule our nation with someone other than lawyers, then you have to start somewhere.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-30-2011, 01:02 PM
Thank you. Another name needs to be coined to give to this genre as I was unaware the term "Renegade Writing" was already in use.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-30-2011, 01:09 PM
hmmmm... WTF??? :confused:

As our Founding Fathers isolated a tyrant in The Declaration of Independence, I am just isolating the little prostitute living on the street as his inverse opposite. In the writs that I write, her bitter condition determines the content in them.

heavenlyboy34
01-30-2011, 01:19 PM
UEW, if you're going to switch to plain and unpretentious English, not only would that be a first for you, but a welcome change! :cool:

heavenlyboy34
01-30-2011, 01:24 PM
I am for **PLAIN-SPEAKING.**

If you have something to say, say it in English, as clearly as possible! I, and most others, do not need five-syllable words to create confusion in an already overwhelmingly confused/ confusing world.

In other words, down With "praexology" - "quantum thisesandthats", and similar foolish and pretentious (mis)uses of language!

:cool:

I don't have a problem with complex and nuanced language myself. However, plain and concise language is best when trying to tackle a topic like law and philosophy. IOW, when dissecting issues very carefully, those "big" words are very useful. However, simpler terms are better when speaking in a broader sense. Besides, as we've learned from the massive failure of Constitutionalism, we need a better vocabulary to explain the principles of liberty in this post-literate world we live in.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-31-2011, 10:36 AM
UEW, if you're going to switch to plain and unpretentious English, not only would that be a first for you, but a welcome change! :cool:

Rather than condescend by writing informally to general audiences or patronize by writing formal essays to expert ones, a writ narrows down the audience to a single person. Once again, she is a worthless, trespassing prostitute having to live and work on the street. In other words, customs, cultures, and heritages are a mute point as you shouldn't be understanding me because of the words I am using or the order in which they are presented in, but, to the contrary, you should always know where I am coming from because of the lone audience I am writing to.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
01-31-2011, 11:07 AM
I don't have a problem with complex and nuanced language myself. However, plain and concise language is best when trying to tackle a topic like law and philosophy. IOW, when dissecting issues very carefully, those "big" words are very useful. However, simpler terms are better when speaking in a broader sense. Besides, as we've learned from the massive failure of Constitutionalism, we need a better vocabulary to explain the principles of liberty in this post-literate world we live in.

Regarding the people's Civil Purpose (philosophy of natural law) in the Declaration of Independence, there are self evident and unalienable truths; whereas, in regards to the legal precedence (law) in the U.S. Constitition, at best, there are just interpretations and opinions. As the formal document of The Declaration of Independence is the people's legal divorce out from under tyranny, the formal document of The U.S. Constitution is, at best, only a marriage to "a more perfect government," - with this meaning "necessary tyranny."
The people's Civil Purpose supercedes legal precedence absolute, not because the people have the power to will it so, but, because, according to the Almighty, the Truth alone has the ultimate power sufficient to set us free.
As these truths reduce down not to the partisan mind, but, to the bipartisan conscience, heart, spirit, and soul of every American citizen, the leaders of the U.S. government will one day be held to a higher standard under the Light of God's judgement.

Acala
01-31-2011, 11:12 AM
Sometimes convoluted syntax and obscure vocabulary hides great wisdom.

And sometimes it is just nonsense.

acptulsa
01-31-2011, 11:30 AM
...are a mute point as you shouldn't be understanding me because of the words I am using or the order in which they are presented in...

Hate to be picky, Uncle Em, but if you are making a mute point, as opposed to a moot point, you shouldn't be using any words at all.

And if the language you are using is too difficult even for yourself, then your audience is bound to be rather small.

NiceGoing
01-31-2011, 01:40 PM
Rather than condescend by writing informally to general audiences or patronize by writing formal essays to expert ones, a writ narrows down the audience to a single person. Once again, she is a worthless, trespassing prostitute having to live and work on the street. In other words, customs, cultures, and heritages are a mute point as you shouldn't be understanding me because of the words I am using or the order in which they are presented in, but, to the contrary, you should always know where I am coming from because of the lone audience I am writing to.

Wouldn't it be wiser to write for the broadest audience? Seems like the worthless prostitute idea is rather carrying things to an extreme, to an anomalous type of person...while...it's the average guy/gal that I presume you wish to reach, along with the better educated - of course!

I like your basic idea very much because I think one of the horrors of today's culture is the way in which language is used not to communicate, but to obfuscate. I've noticed that entire debates seem to go on wherein none of the participating parties are fully sure of what the meaning of their basic premises are. :(

This is just pretentiousness run rampant, and a meaningless waste of time, and a demeaning of the true nature of human intelligence. So please do carry on with your idea of plain, clear communication - kind of like a Will Rogers approach to expanding our intellectual horizons in a worthwhile way. :)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-01-2011, 12:24 AM
Sometimes convoluted syntax and obscure vocabulary hides great wisdom.

And sometimes it is just nonsense.

In regards to the natural law declared by our Founding Fathers, with these forming the foundation of the people's Civil Purpose, as these truths are self evident and unalienable, and as you are an American with a human conscience, there is no need for me to be condescending.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM
Hate to be picky, Uncle Em, but if you are making a mute point, as opposed to a moot point, you shouldn't be using any words at all.

And if the language you are using is too difficult even for yourself, then your audience is bound to be rather small.

I am not a better writer because of any natural born ability or because of any knowledge that I have learned in school. I am a better writer because "my ancestors are not fools" and because of my determination to established that as so.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-01-2011, 01:10 AM
Wouldn't it be wiser to write for the broadest audience? Seems like the worthless prostitute idea is rather carrying things to an extreme, to an anomalous type of person...while...it's the average guy/gal that I presume you wish to reach, along with the better educated - of course!

I like your basic idea very much because I think one of the horrors of today's culture is the way in which language is used not to communicate, but to obfuscate. I've noticed that entire debates seem to go on wherein none of the participating parties are fully sure of what the meaning of their basic premises are. :(

This is just pretentiousness run rampant, and a meaningless waste of time, and a demeaning of the true nature of human intelligence. So please do carry on with your idea of plain, clear communication - kind of like a Will Rogers approach to expanding our intellectual horizons in a worthwhile way. :)

Yes, I feel you sense the same problem I sense.
By writing writs, I reduce the whole world to within a single prostitute. The prostitute is the opposite inverse to the tyrant king our Founding Fathers spoke of in The Declaration of Independence. Cognizantly speaking, I am a firm believer that the fetal position represents trauma. So, the idea is to wait on the people ever so gently, mindful of how they are similar to the petals of flowers which unwind opening themselves up slowly towards His light (just as the greatest of benefits are derived, not from great political change, which is evil, but, from the most precious of alterations). This means we only need to advance the world's social contract slighty. So, to concern ourselves with the welfare and well being of our nation's future posteriety, we only need to fight to take that next small step.

Metaphorically speaking, as the people represent the prostitute, she represents the people. In realizing this, she will be envisioned and empowered to stand in faith (in great darkness and danger) and walk in faith (in great darkness and danger) away from the evil one who abuses her, away from her own prostitution that also abuses her, and towards a better life.

zade
02-02-2011, 04:31 PM
you don't make any sense, how are you a better writer because your "ancestors were not fools"

tangent4ronpaul
02-02-2011, 05:06 PM
In realizing this, she will be envisioned and empowered to stand in faith (in great darkness and danger) and walk in faith (in great darkness and danger) away from the evil one who abuses her, away from her own prostitution that also abuses her, and towards a better life.

Not that my writing is stellar, but to put on the grammar nazi hat for a moment, two uses of the same phrase in the same run on sentence suggests that you might benefit from a ENG101 class before bragging about your writing skills.

-t

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-07-2011, 12:25 AM
you don't make any sense, how are you a better writer because your "ancestors were not fools"

Because of my determination to establish that fact. In other words, you will always know the main idea in my writing. What is the main idea? Well, my ancestors are not fools. My Founders were greater than me, yet, because they concerned themselves with me as their posteriety, and because they imparted their love unto me, I have become greater than them.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Not that my writing is stellar, but to put on the grammar nazi hat for a moment, two uses of the same phrase in the same run on sentence suggests that you might benefit from a ENG101 class before bragging about your writing skills.

-t

I don't know. How is that a run on?
But it doesn't matter anyway. People don't understand me because of my natural born abilities or because of the things I have learned in school. People understand me because they trust me and, in turn, they trust me because I have reduced my audience down to a single person with her being a worthless prostitute living and working on the street.
But I do try to put effort into the writs that I write. Eventually, I think someone is going to understand the significance. Until that day arrives, I am going to continue planting seeds.

In realizing this, she will be envisioned and empowered to stand in faith (in great darkness and danger) and walk in faith (in great darkness and danger) away from the evil one who abuses her, away from her own prostitution that also abuses her, and towards a better life.

(Dependent clause) Away from the evil one who abuses her, away from her own prostitution that also abuses her, and towards a better life, (Independent clause) she will be envisioned and empowered to stand in faith (in great darkness and danger) and walk in faith (in great darkness and danger) in realizing this.

__27__
02-07-2011, 01:51 AM
UEW, ever notice how your threads are comprised almost exclusively of your own posts?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-07-2011, 10:53 AM
UEW, ever notice how your threads are comprised almost exclusively of your own posts?

As my audience is a lone prostitute, I don't expect popularity. Yet, in all the popularity, no one is listening as everyone has become a victim. In this new kind of put-upon society, there are very few left to care and of those who do, they have very little power to do anything.
So, I am challenging the notion of what is rational. Indeed, I'm not understood because of how I think with my mind, as was the case with the Greeks, or because of how I was born as a man, as was the case with the Jews. I am understood because I am trusted. I can be trusted because my audience is a single prostitute living and working on the street.

The tyrant: "Repeat after me, 'I am the people!'"
The new established aristocracy: "I am the people!"

Slutter McGee
02-07-2011, 11:57 AM
The issue here is the use of latinate vocabulary instead of words derived from anglo-saxon roots which are far better in my opinion. Worried instead of perplexed. Rebels instead of insurrectionists. We walk: we don't perambulate.

Academia, or scholarship..which I prefer because it is partially of Old English origin, is obsessed with impartial, bombastic, unemotional crap associated with latin derived words.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
02-08-2011, 01:37 PM
The issue here is the use of latinate vocabulary instead of words derived from anglo-saxon roots which are far better in my opinion. Worried instead of perplexed. Rebels instead of insurrectionists. We walk: we don't perambulate.

Academia, or scholarship..which I prefer because it is partially of Old English origin, is obsessed with impartial, bombastic, unemotional crap associated with latin derived words.

Sincerley,

Slutter McGee

Indeed, it is said that one can invent a name for a great German dish and then charge three times the price for it by translating it into French.
But I like to reduce things. The scientific method of Natural Law reduced terms down to the extent that they were incomprehensible. So, an analysis had to be included with the findings of the experiment explaining its conclusion in such a way that couldn't be misinterpreted, misconstrued, or misunderstood. So, one had two parts of the conclusion with the latter part sqawning the field of linguistics.
In turn, our Founding Fathers created the ultimate natural law pertaining to the people, existentially speaking. So, the United States needs to reject all other forms of science other than the one serving the American people's Civil Purpose.