PDA

View Full Version : 2 states take aim at distracted walkers, runners

Romulus
01-25-2011, 10:24 AM
The end is near.... WTF.

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Attention texting pedestrians and iPod-obsessed runners on the street: You may soon get unplugged.

After targeting drivers who paid more attention to their phone calls and text messages than the road, lawmakers in Arkansas and New York are now looking to crack down on pedestrians equally distracted by their own electronic gadgets.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110124/ap_on_re_us/us_distracted_walkers

Justin D
01-25-2011, 10:57 AM
I saw this in NEWSDAY today. Most sheeple here will probably go along with it and come up with excuses to justify it. Why do I think so? Every time some law comes into effect which restricts liberties, such as smoking on a sidewalk, the Letters to the Editor are usually 3/4 for the law. The rest usually think the law is o.k. It's uncommon to see letters of opposition.

Dr.3D
01-25-2011, 11:15 AM
When the woman fell into the fountain while texting, I saw this coming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPW8xmI4w6U

Romulus
01-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Govt: If we can't fix stupid, we'll outlaw it!
Stupid: Sounds good to me!

Dr.3D
01-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Govt: If we can't fix stupid, we'll outlaw it!
Stupid: Sounds good to me!

Sure, they only need one law and they can take the rest off of the books.
They need to outlaw stupidity. LOL

specsaregood
01-25-2011, 11:48 AM
the Letters to the Editor are usually 3/4 for the law. The rest usually think the law is o.k. It's uncommon to see letters of opposition.
Of course this could be a result of the newspaper choosing which to print....

Bruno
01-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Of course this could be a result of the newspaper choosing which to print....

Now, why would they ever do a crazy, conspiratorial thing like that? It's not like Hearst himself actually fabricated editorials and news stories demonizing marijuana during his rabid, self-serving campaign against it which ended up being used a Congressional testimony or anything. I mean, that never really happened did it? /sarcasm

dannno
01-25-2011, 12:08 PM
When the woman fell into the fountain while texting, I saw this coming.

I knew it was a psy-op!!

Actually I had no idea.. but now I wonder if it was.

Talking to my buddy at Microsoft now, to see what he knows..

Fuck. He thinks it's a good idea... they've gotten to him..

TonySutton
01-25-2011, 12:14 PM
Shouldn't they work on laws for drunken pedestrians first. They should setup checkpoints along the side walks and stop all pedestrians, interview them and force those who appear drunk to take mandatory breathalyzers. Anyone who fails should be place on house arrest for an extended period of time.

Come to think of it, shouldn't we pass laws to require pedestrians to get insurance to cover any damage they may cause due to negligent walking.

Brian4Liberty
01-25-2011, 01:23 PM
Well, next they should ban deaf people. They can't hear what's going on around them. :rolleyes:

Anti Federalist
01-25-2011, 01:31 PM
Well, next they should ban deaf people. They can't hear what's going on around them. :rolleyes:

No, deaf people will have to walk around like this:

http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/Assets/klaxon.jpg

Anti Federalist
01-25-2011, 01:32 PM
Just another reason for the state to "crack down" on us.

They like that...