PDA

View Full Version : Any students in driving distance of CPAC want a fully funded trip?

brandon
01-25-2011, 08:31 AM
I'm looking to fund some students to go to CPAC and vote for Ron Paul. I will pay cost of gas up to $50, up to 4 student tickets, and an economy hotel room for Thursday and Friday night. You will only need to pay for food.

You must have at least one friend to bring along with you. The more people you can squeeze into your car the better. You must be able to demonstrate credibility in some meaningful way. There will be some degree of accountability so I know you actually went. Reply if you are interested. I reserve the right to change my mind at any time, so hurry up!

ronpaulhawaii
01-25-2011, 08:56 AM
If you don't get any here, maybe the FB group? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114632881897209

Bergie Bergeron
01-25-2011, 09:41 AM
+rep

brandon
01-25-2011, 11:14 AM
If you don't get any here, maybe the FB group? http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=114632881897209

Good idea, I'll try that in a couple days. As a last resort I probably will just donate some money to YAL if I can be convinced they will put it to good use. Figured I would check here first to support the forums as well.

amy31416
01-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Bump for the good man with the scary cat.

(And +rep too.)

Cherder
01-25-2011, 01:58 PM
+rep

sailingaway
01-25-2011, 02:04 PM
Good idea, I'll try that in a couple days. As a last resort I probably will just donate some money to YAL if I can be convinced they will put it to good use. Figured I would check here first to support the forums as well.

YAL has a donation to send students thing,

from a YAL email:

Even if you cannot make it to CPAC this year, please consider sponsoring a liberty-loving YAL student who may not otherwise be able to afford the trip.

For every $120 you contribute, YAL will reimburse the gas for a carpool of students traveling from out of town.

For every $11 you contribute, YAL will cover the ticket price for a single student

RIGHT CLICK and copy this link in a different browser to donate (it won't save your credit card info but may otherwise leave other info on the form - the guy whose name is on there was on before I got the email though, it might just be an example): http://yaliberty.us1.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=f1340031d3e25504f5712bcb1&id=5c776426b9&e=24268d41f1

OK, that extra quotation thing was probably excessive....

fcmagic01
01-25-2011, 02:35 PM
Hey,

My name is Tom Long, and I am an officer of the YAL out of UW-Madison. We have five members driving out to CPAC and any extra funds would be really helpful. We are staying at the omni for 2 nights and then planning on getting a cheap motel on the outside of the city to save money.

Please send me an email at tlong2@Wisc.edu if you have any other questions.

brandon
01-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Hey,

My name is Tom Long, and I am an officer of the YAL out of UW-Madison. We have five members driving out to CPAC and any extra funds would be really helpful. We are staying at the omni for 2 nights and then planning on getting a cheap motel on the outside of the city to save money.

Please send me an email at tlong2@Wisc.edu if you have any other questions.

Hi Tom. I would really prefer to help pay for someone to go that is not already planning on going. I'd like to get more votes for Paul. Since you guys are already planning on going (thanks by the way, you guys rule) I think I'm going to keep looking. If anything changes I will contact you though.

thehighwaymanq
01-25-2011, 08:59 PM
I'm going with three fellow high school students, and we are so excited, but we are taking the train from Jersey to DC.

fcmagic01
01-25-2011, 10:54 PM
I am going to talk to some other members and see if they are interested. We had some members turn down the possibility due to it being to expensive, would that be ok with you?

Cheers.

brandon
01-26-2011, 07:21 AM
yes

fcmagic01
01-26-2011, 08:11 AM
I sent you a PM btw, check that and we can precede from there.

Thank you very much doing this.

Tom Long

fcmagic01
01-27-2011, 01:25 PM
We have 4 members who are interested in going, if the price is being subsidized. If you could get back to me so I can inform them that would be great. If you already found other ways to sponsor kids I understand, I am just wondering since I haven't heard from you within a few days now.