PDA

View Full Version : More from Adam Curry

JAHOGS
10-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Again today Adam is talking about Ron Paul. Just started to listen to it.

http://www.podshow.com/shows/?mode=detail&episode_id=84289

EvilEngineer
10-22-2007, 09:44 AM
lol his today description:

Podshow Summary:
Ron Paul Mainstream Ads...Suck

me3
10-22-2007, 09:50 AM
He's a big help to the campaign. :rolleyes:

JAHOGS
10-22-2007, 09:57 AM
He slams the ones in charge of the ads.

ronpaulfan
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
He slams the ones in charge of the ads.

Dr. Paul already has tremendous support from younger voters. I believe the ads are geared for the older audience. They are designed to made make Ron Paul look statesmanlike and presidential. I doubt ads with heavy rock-and-roll music or ball-busters would make older voters flock to him.

me3
10-22-2007, 10:00 AM
He better deliver his "shit ton" of money that he boasted about, or this would be one guy I think is deserving of blowback. I'm still not entirely convinced that he will do more for the campaign than interviewing Dr. Paul will do for his podcast. Most of us had not even heard of him before he started talking about Dr. Paul.

richard1984
10-22-2007, 10:01 AM
Does anyone know why the page freezes every time I try to go to those podshow.com links to listen to Adam Curry? I don't usually have any problems opening web pages. Should I update my browser? switch from IE to Firefox? or just deal with it (wait for someone to either post the link to the .mp3 or just try to find it myself)?

richard1984
10-22-2007, 10:03 AM
Dr. Paul already has tremendous support from younger voters. I believe the ads are geared for the older audience. They are designed to made make Ron Paul look statesmanlike and presidential. I doubt ads with heavy rock-and-roll music or ball-busters would make older voters flock to him.

Excellent point. :cool:

Are they similar/comparable to other candidate's ads?

Shink
10-22-2007, 10:04 AM
Is it possible to youtube tomorrow's show? Wii won't let me listen if not.:(

RP4ME
10-22-2007, 11:29 AM
Okay sorry Adam isnt that much help after all - how will anyone donate "shit ton " of money to a campaign that he has just pronunced will not end in the Presidency!

He now says he wont give money b/c he hates RP advertising and while I think he could offer alot to the campaign with his expertise he has just encouraged everyone to not donate b/c he doesnt see that the ads are good....so now Rp campaign has to bow to KING CURRY? Its fine to think but irresponsible to to say that in a leadership role - are all our efforts in vain since we he sys Paul jhas no chance of winning????...I'm not here to just see a movement happen as he says is all that is happening here. I want and expect the PAUL to be elected.....If this IS ADAM's support of RP , RP should think twice about being on his show after all this....we dont need this kind of help. I apprecite that Curry is like- minded in his issues but he he undermines ron Paul. He better turn it around fast or he will lose this new listener!

He marginalizes HIM while claimimg to like his ideas. Total Crap!:mad:

specsaregood
10-22-2007, 11:34 AM
Okay sorry Adam isnt that much help after all - how will anyone donate "shit ton " of money to a campaign that he has just pronunced will not end in the Presidency!

He now says he wont give money b/c he hates RP advertising and while I think he coudl offer alot to the campaign with his expertise he has just encoraged everyone to not donate b/c he doesnt see that the ads are good....so now Rp campaign has to bow to KING CURRY? Its fine to think but irresponsibleto to say that - are all our efforts in vain????...I'm not here to just see a movement happen _ i want and expect the PAUL to be elected.....If this IS ADAM's support of RP , RP should think twice about being on his show after all this....

Well, I was a little disappointed by the "can't win", BUT you have to remember that he is new to the Ron Paul campaign.

1. He has not debated back and forth the importance of reaching the traditional GOP voters vs. New Voters.
2. Does not understand the difference between the grassroots campaign vs traditional campaign. Why it is good for the official campaign to keep them seperated.
3. Has not been witnessing our growth or have any idea how much work has been put in.

A host of stuff that all of us have discussed in-depth here for months.

cac1963
10-22-2007, 11:35 AM

He now says he wont give money b/c he hates RP advertising and while I think he coudl offer alot to the campaign with his expertise he has just encoraged everyone to not donate b/c he doesnt see that the ads are good....so now Rp campaign has to bow to KING CURRY? Its fine to think but irresponsibleto to say that - are all our efforts in vain????...I'm not here to just see a movement happen _ i want and expect the PAUL to be elected.....If this IS ADAM's support of RP , RP should think twice about being on his show after all this....

He expects another GOP candidate to adopt Paul's message, totally clueless on the chameleon nature of politics that has this world so screwed up, which is exactly why PAUL must win otherwise we're done for as a nation. I hope he gets blasted with blowback on professing this logic.

SWATH
10-22-2007, 11:35 AM
I heard it too.

1. He said he will not donate money to Ron Paul if it is going to be spent on the current style of campaign commercials (I agree that they suck compared to grassroots stuff, but I still dontate).

2. He said that Ron Paul honestly has no shot at winning.

3. He said one of the other "front runners" should adopt his message and run with it to a better effect.

me3
10-22-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm telling you guys, Curry is just using Ron Paul to promote his podcast. He starts talking about a "shit ton" of money, and then after 3 straights DSCs, the fund raising barely picks up?

You don't have to be a savant to see the writing on the wall.

frasu
10-22-2007, 11:44 AM
well, give it a chance until he will have Dr. Ron Paul on his show... it looks like we always have it the hard way

cac1963
I heard it too.

1. He said he will not donate money to Ron Paul if it is going to be spent on the current style of campaign commercials (I agree that they suck compared to grassroots stuff, but I still dontate).

I agree the mainstream ads suck, but that's exactly the nature of mainstream. If the general public was hip and alive with all things cool and exciting, they wouldn't be trapped in the mainstream media's tractor beam to begin with. When you decide to reach into the mainstream, you talk the language of the mainstream.

Man from La Mancha
Friday he gave all his listeners a homework assignment to watch a 7 hr video course on the constitution and he said he was part way thru it. He is learning, give him time, he can't be worse than Hannity or O'Rielly. Every media person should learn that by having Ron on will help their numbers, thus more interviews.

me3
10-22-2007, 11:46 AM
All I want to know is, Who is Adam Curry to tell the campaign how to run their ads?

I never even heard of the DSC after working online for 5 years, and using the Net for 12. It would be nice if the big talkers knew how to walk the walk.

ThePieSwindler
10-22-2007, 11:47 AM
i don't even think the mainstream ads suck.. they sound alot like mostother normal political ads.. and considering we are trying to reach the general population with name recognition, they serve their purpose and are pretty good. The radio ad is actually good for the target audience.

cac1963
10-22-2007, 11:51 AM
All I want to know is, Who is Adam Curry to tell the campaign how to run their ads?

So who's going to call in and tell Mr. Curry that Ron Paul's campaign has more support than his little podshow, which I read was somewhere around 50,000 listeners. That's peanuts compared to the 500,000 votes Paul got the first time around this bend.

me3
10-22-2007, 11:54 AM
Or how about, "After you raise a (sic) shit ton of money, we might ask you what you think."

Nash
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
I'm telling you guys, Curry is just using Ron Paul to promote his podcast. He starts talking about a "shit ton" of money, and then after 3 straights DSCs, the fund raising barely picks up?

You don't have to be a savant to see the writing on the wall.

I don't really see anything wrong with this. Ron Paul girl (Liv) is basically doing the same thing.

I don't really care if these people support him themselves so long as they get the word out and spread the message. People can decide for themselves.

There is nothing wrong with capitalizing on Ron Paul because by doing so you're giving his message visibility.

Not everyone needs to be a true believer to help the campaign.

On a related note regarding RP's campaign ads he knows exactly what he's doing.

Why do we keep forgetting that RP has won two non incumbent election campaigns without party support either in the primaries or the general?

He knows how to play the game, he knows how to run a campaign. It's pretty obvious when he continually rails on the war. He knows it's a popular position and so he keeps attacking it even when the questions aren't directly about foreign policy.

He runs ads targeted at Republicans and doesn't mention the war and instead attacks spending. This is savvy politicking.

Also Adam is short sighted in saying the ads need to be "more hip". They obviously don't need to be because RP has the 18-30 crowd already wrapped up with 90% of the vote on the internet and the grassroots campaign videos have already pulled us in. He needs to get the 31-65 crowd and slick youtube videos with rock songs isn't gonna inspire that crowd to vote for him.

He knows what he's doing.

ghemminger
10-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Actually I just got an email from Adam saying that we was willing to cross-promote RonPaulRadio and other ventures.....give the guy a break - he is just doing his thing!

Ron Paul Fan
10-22-2007, 11:56 AM
All I want to know is, Who is Adam Curry?

I fixed your post to more appropriately represent my thoughts on this issue.

Noog
10-22-2007, 11:57 AM
Let's wait until the interview on weds. Let's not do anything rash.

specsaregood
10-22-2007, 12:08 PM
The beauty of our independent grassroot campaign is that if Mr. Curry doesn't like the official stuff, there is NOTHING to stop him from creating his own PAC, raising a "shit-ton" of money for his PAC and running the types of ads he thinks are best.

Afterall, haven't we been doing that for months now?
Perhaps somebody can compile a list of grassroots ads that have been run, independent of the campaign.

just a few:
1. radio ads in SC before the rally there.
2. direct mail ad in SC before the rally
3. iowa mosaic ad
4. arab-newspaper ad
5. NH newspaper ads
and all the rest....

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 12:11 PM
Let's wait until the interview on weds. Let's not do anything rash.

Let's not do anything at all, regardless of what Adam Curry says or does. If you like his show, support it, if you don't, then ignore it!

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 12:12 PM

I never even heard of the DSC after working online for 5 years, and using the Net for 12. It would be nice if the big talkers knew how to walk the walk.

Gee, who are the posters on RonPaulForums to think they can do the same? He's just offering his opinion. I, for one, am glad he is.

parke
10-22-2007, 12:14 PM
He better deliver his "shit ton" of money that he boasted about, or this would be one guy I think is deserving of blowback. I'm still not entirely convinced that he will do more for the campaign than interviewing Dr. Paul will do for his podcast. Most of us had not even heard of him before he started talking about Dr. Paul.

I never had heard of him until a day or two ago.

specsaregood
10-22-2007, 12:19 PM
The more I think about it, I think an independent Curry PAC would be the way to go.

1. He has a lot of foreign listeners. They can't contribute to the official campaign.
2. Then we/he can really gauge how much money he has raised.
3. Gives him artistic control.

nayjevin
10-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Curry did all he can by talking about Paul repeatedly. We can't rely on him to get us fundraising - Paul's message is what motivates people to give. He's gotten a bunch of people to look into Paul, and that's fine.

He's ignorant to say Paul can't win -- unless he immediately follows it up with 'but that has nothing to do with who a person should vote for."

DrNoZone
10-22-2007, 12:23 PM
The more I think about it, I think an independent Curry PAC would be the way to go.

1. He has a lot of foreign listeners. They can't contribute to the official campaign.
2. Then we/he can really gauge how much money he has raised.
3. Gives him artistic control.

This is a wonderful suggestion. You should call Curry and tell him about it. 201.625.6357; it's a voice mail so just leave a message about this.

RP4ME
10-22-2007, 12:45 PM
I don't really see anything wrong with this. Ron Paul girl (Liv) is basically doing the same thing.

I don't really care if these people support him themselves so long as they get the word out and spread the message. People can decide for themselves.

There is nothing wrong with capitalizing on Ron Paul because by doing so you're giving his message visibility.

Not everyone needs to be a true believer to help the campaign.

On a related note regarding RP's campaign ads he knows exactly what he's doing.

Why do we keep forgetting that RP has won two non incumbent election campaigns without party support either in the primaries or the general?

He knows how to play the game, he knows how to run a campaign. It's pretty obvious when he continually rails on the war. He knows it's a popular position and so he keeps attacking it even when the questions aren't directly about foreign policy.

He runs ads targeted at Republicans and doesn't mention the war and instead attacks spending. This is savvy politicking.

Also Adam is short sighted in saying the ads need to be "more hip". They obviously don't need to be because RP has the 18-30 crowd already wrapped up with 90% of the vote on the internet and the grassroots campaign videos have already pulled us in. He needs to get the 31-65 crowd and slick youtube videos with rock songs isn't gonna inspire that crowd to vote for him.

He knows what he's doing.
I agree i think Adam coudl offer alot to the campaign too, but tht doesnt mean Pauls 20 years in office hasnt taught him a thing or two about getting elected. If he really wanted to help paul he woudl have done so behind the scenes not BLST him before he comes on his show....Not cool - why would Paul want go on now?

RP4ME
10-22-2007, 12:46 PM
I wrote Adam nice letter buit told him if ist was his intention to relly help him he is doing the opposite.
Please write him!

adam@podshow.com

Noog
10-22-2007, 12:54 PM
I don't understand why people can't just wait for the interview. Some of you guys are so knee-jerk around here.

JAHOGS
10-22-2007, 12:56 PM
I don't understand why people can't just wait for the interview. Some of you guys are so knee-jerk around here.

Exactly. The guy simply gave us his views on what he believes. At least he is giving him a place to talk.

RP4ME
10-22-2007, 12:58 PM

No, we ar ereacting to what Adam sid - he either said or his didnt. End of story. Im not writing him off yet but he didnt help thinsg today .

JAHOGS
10-22-2007, 01:02 PM
No, we ar ereacting to what Adam sid - he either said or his didnt. End of story. Im not writing him off yet but he didnt help thinsg today .

Are you drunk? Cause your spelling is really making my brain hurt. J/K Anyways, just chill until he has him on his show. He has done nothing but build RP up until today. He still likes him.

Malakai0
10-22-2007, 01:04 PM
Well the official ad does suck, how much can you fault him for being disappointed with it.

The campaign is trying to go with plain jane non-scary or radical political ad's, but to many of us that's not what Ron is about.

However I think Adam needs to keep in mind who this ad is targetted for. Probably older mostly disconnected voters who would be totally freaked (for no reason) if they heard a 30s overview of his platform without any backup information.

SWATH
10-22-2007, 01:05 PM
Everyone call in and tell Adam Curry to go fuck himself! That will teach him, he willl never see it coming. HeHe

Wyurm
10-22-2007, 02:45 PM
Everyone call in and tell Adam Curry to go fuck himself! That will teach him, he willl never see it coming. HeHe

Umm, you're suggesting we insult someone who can really help RP meet his goal. Further, he's right, I can't stand the Republican Vs. Democrat garbage. Finally, I think everyone on this forum NEEDS desperately to listen to him starting at 28 min. in. Hes right.

nullvalu
10-22-2007, 02:58 PM
Umm, you're suggesting we insult someone who can really help RP meet his goal. Further, he's right, I can't stand the Republican Vs. Democrat garbage. Finally, I think everyone on this forum NEEDS desperately to listen to him starting at 28 min. in. Hes right.

I think that was meant to be a joke cuz everyone says "fuck you, adam curry" (as some kind of an inside joke) at the end of all their calls..

I think Adam was dead right about the radio ad, it does suck..

Tho he took it too far about the not donating part..

However it seems like Adam has only known about Ron Paul for maybe a week or two.. give him time, he's doing a good job. And I definately wouldn't harp on him too much at least until after the interview on Weds.

Roxi
10-22-2007, 03:03 PM
adam curry cracks me up here is the pic hes using as his album cover for his podcast on itunes

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1142/adamcurryandronpaulkx4.jpg

RP4ME
10-22-2007, 03:07 PM
Are you drunk? Cause your spelling is really making my brain hurt. J/K Anyways, just chill until he has him on his show. He has done nothing but build RP up until today. He still likes him.

I am not Drunk, just have a baad keypad at present and am a fast and bad typist! Noone is asking you to FLAME him just say how YOU feel about his show - whats wrong wth that - if you liked it tell him so if you want. Dont worry about what I do. BTW - I didnt falme him....I wrote him am encouraging letter and thanksed him but i told him how I felt about what he said about RP being unelectble..

Roxi
10-22-2007, 03:13 PM

adam curry encourages people to tell him to "go fuck himself" after their calls

the more lewd the comment the more he likes it :)

Malakai0
10-22-2007, 03:30 PM

Umm do you not listen to the show... He won't play your comment if you don't tell him to get fucked.

torchbearer
10-22-2007, 03:31 PM
Today's podcast is ok... he still supports ron paul.

hornet
10-22-2007, 03:33 PM
Dr. Paul already has tremendous support from younger voters. I believe the ads are geared for the older audience.

i am a member of the 'older audience' and the radio ad on his homepage was really, ah, hmmm, 'disappointing', whoever is doing these ads needs to remember that people my age were listening to hendrix, zepplin, zappa etc. in the '60's and that its ok to 'liven' it up a bit cause you aint gonna make me faint, really, we can take it, lol!:cool:

fj45lvr
10-22-2007, 03:50 PM
so he really thinks that pauls message is just something that any liar and crook can take upon himself???

How sick is that? Integrity is the #1 thing Ron has above all others....Curry must follow Clinton's mantra that integrity means little to nothing....that is the reason why the Republic is in shambles as the founders state:

From Benjamin Franklin –

Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become more corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters.

From Thomas Jefferson –

It is in the manners and spirit of a people which preserve a republic. . . . degeneracy in these is a canker which soon eats into the heart of its laws and constitution.

The order of nature [is] that individual happiness shall be inseparable from the practice of virtue.

When virtue is banished, ambition invades the minds of those who are disposed to receive it, and avarice possesses the whole community. (from Montesquieu, written by Jefferson in his Common Place Book)

From James Madison (Father of the Constitution) –

To suppose that any form of government will secure liberty or happiness without any virtue in the people, is a chimerical idea.

The aim of every political Constitution, is or ought to be first to obtain for rulers men who possess...wisdom to discern and...virtue to pursue the common good of society; and in the next place, to take the most effectual precautions for keeping them virtuous whilst they continue to hold their public trust.

From Patrick Henry –

Virtue, morality, and religion. This is the armor, my friend, and this alone that renders us invincible...If we lose these, we are conquered, fallen indeed . . . so long as our manners and principles remain sound, there is no danger.

From John Adams –

Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other.

Public virtue cannot exist in a nation without private [virtue], and public virtue is the only foundation of republics.

From Daniel Webster –

Lastly, our ancestors established their system of government on morality and religious sentiment. Moral habits, they believed, cannot safely be on any other foundation than religious principle, nor any government be secure which is not supported by moral habits.

From Samuel Adams –

Neither the wisest constitution nor the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt. He therefore is the truest friend of the liberty of his country who tries most to promote its virtue, and who, so far as his power and influence extend, will not suffer a man to be chosen onto any office of power and trust who is not a wise and virtuous man.[italics mine]

torchbearer
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
I think Adam is still learning, but is doing with an open mind... i've listened to the last 4 podcast.... he is a guy who truly is searching and obviously knows he's not really there

torchbearer
10-22-2007, 03:57 PM
He is very torn on a lot of issues...

paulitics
10-22-2007, 04:07 PM
adam curry cracks me up here is the pic hes using as his album cover for his podcast on itunes

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1142/adamcurryandronpaulkx4.jpg

haha.

Adamsa
10-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Does Adam officially support Ron? Could his Wikipedia page be edited to show it?

torchbearer
10-22-2007, 04:14 PM
Does Adam officially support Ron? Could his Wikipedia page be edited to show it?

not yet- officially.

ksuguy
10-22-2007, 10:02 PM
I thought the radio ad was mediocre. Nothing bad, nothing great about it. Just sounded like a typical political ad. I understand that Adam probably wants something a little more edgy, but he runs with a different crowd. I'm sure my parents and grandparents would not like an ad that he might approve of. They do not use the internet and have no idea what a podcast is. They would also totally misunderstand a show where the callers regularly tell the host to go fuck himself.