PDA

View Full Version : Special edition of Stossel after SOTU address, w/ Ron Paul, Judge Nap, Gary Johnson

jct74
01-24-2011, 11:55 PM
After the SOTU at 11 p.m. ET, FBN host John Stossel (below) offers a special live edition of his "Stossel" show, which explores the libertarian response to the big speech. Stossel will also be giving his own SOTU, and helping him analyze the night's events are Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), David Boaz of the Cato Institute, FBN's Judge Andrew Napolitano and a studio audience chosen on a first-come, first-serve basis.

"Stossel's very good at cutting through a lot of the gobbledygook," says Cavuto. "He'll replay some of what the president said, and what the Republicans said, and then get people's reactions of what they understood from that."

http://blog.zap2it.com/kate_ohare/2011/01/state-of-the-union-neil-cavuto-and-fbn-try-to-make-sense-of-the-dollars.html

Stossel's blog says Gary Johnson will be a guest too:
http://stossel.blogs.foxbusiness.com/2011/01/24/making-the-big-cuts/

Should be good.

UPDATE: Video coming in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyflm9fuw68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qStGwXd30g

cindy25
01-25-2011, 12:02 AM
hope someone torrents it

Vessol
01-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Got to get depropagandaize any and all viewers after that crap.

jct74
01-25-2011, 12:20 AM
LOL, saw this graphic on the FBN website

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/sites/foxbusiness.com.on-air.stossel/files/wmon_libertarian_state.png

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/stossel/index.html

BuddyRey
01-25-2011, 04:07 AM
Did anyone YouTube it?

Bman
01-25-2011, 04:14 AM
Did anyone YouTube it?

I think your post is 24 hours premature.

Tinnuhana
01-25-2011, 04:16 AM
Is FBN still free to access on YT? Or has it totally gone the way of FOX News, so we can't see it outside CONUS?

kpfareal
01-25-2011, 08:17 AM
Awesome! I'm glad I ponied up the extra $5 a month! My wife and I watch Freedom Watch and Stossel RELIGIOUSLY!

Bruno
01-25-2011, 08:19 AM

That's what she said

cindy25
01-25-2011, 08:25 AM

doubt if it will be on youtube, hoping for torrent

LibertyRevolution
01-25-2011, 05:18 PM
My media center PC records stossel and freedom watch every time it airs.

My youtube account can now post videos over 15mins long.

Is this something I should convert and upload?

Media Center guide says Freedom watch is on fallowing the SOTU. Either way its already set to record FBN from 7pm-midnight.

torchbearer
01-25-2011, 05:19 PM
My media center PC records stossel and freedom watch every time it airs.

tube?

QueenB4Liberty
01-25-2011, 05:30 PM
Cool! :)

TXcarlosTX
01-25-2011, 05:39 PM
Awesome! I'm glad I ponied up the extra $5 a month! My wife and I watch Freedom Watch and Stossel RELIGIOUSLY!

You should call your provider and tell them you ONLY got this channel is for FreedomWatch and Stossel. They might make notes of that.

cindy25
01-25-2011, 06:03 PM
if anyone tubes it use 3 different channels, and perhaps Cyrillic lettering in the description so Fox doesn't see it right away

LibertyRevolution
01-25-2011, 06:20 PM
if anyone tubes it use 3 different channels, and perhaps Cyrillic lettering in the description so Fox doesn't see it right away

Yeah, that is why I don't tube them.

If this turns out to be something special, I may upload it, but it will not last long.

cindy25
01-25-2011, 07:14 PM
Yeah, that is why I don't tube them.

If this turns out to be something special, I may upload it, but it will not last long.

you could just torrent it

Bergie Bergeron
01-25-2011, 08:38 PM
Stossel is taking questions for Gary Johnson. Go to the Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/JohnStossel) and ask:

To Gary Johnson: How can we make sure the liberty supporters are not divided in 2 different clans for Gary and Ron's potential 2012 presidential runs?

Sub-question: Does he think being on the CPAC ballot could potentially prevent Ron Paul winning the poll?

Vessol
01-25-2011, 09:19 PM
Bump. Any links to a live feed of this?

yatez112
01-25-2011, 09:21 PM
Found this...dunno if it'll switch to FBN.
http://interactive.foxbusiness.com/livestream/live.html?chanId=4

Legend1104
01-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Found this...dunno if it'll switch to FBN.
http://interactive.foxbusiness.com/livestream/live.html?chanId=4

Wow great thanks. Fox is good about shuting this stuff down. I already lost my fox news online channel.

ctiger2
01-25-2011, 09:36 PM
Wow great thanks. Fox is good about shuting this stuff down. I already lost my fox news online channel.

http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=2807
http://www.tvpc.com/Channel.php?ChannelID=73

tangent4ronpaul
01-25-2011, 09:51 PM
10 minute warning!

heavenlyboy34
01-25-2011, 09:53 PM
I listened to the SOTU while eating dinner. Nothing special. Just typical POTUS BS.

Legend1104
01-25-2011, 09:58 PM
That link wasn't to fox business. I don't suppose anyone has that link?

HOLLYWOOD
01-25-2011, 10:23 PM
Ron, Stossel, CATO, etc all rockin!

Great presentations... exposes the fraud and nonsense rhetoric of both parties.

PermanentSleep
01-25-2011, 10:28 PM
Anyone know where I can watch this online yet?

Deinonychus
01-25-2011, 10:30 PM
I hope someone 'tubes it later!

emazur
01-25-2011, 11:34 PM
VIDEOS HERE
http://video.foxbusiness.com/
under "latest videos" look for:
Rep. Ron Paul on Partisan Politics
Rep. Ron Paul on the State of the Union, Spending
Do Politicians Ever Actually Cut Spending?
The Keys to Cutting U.S. Government

TheDriver
01-25-2011, 11:35 PM
That was great; I love Fox Business (because of their liberty guests and hosts).

jct74
01-25-2011, 11:58 PM
MOXNEWS hooking us up again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iyflm9fuw68

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qStGwXd30g

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 12:02 AM
I wish MoxNews would post Stossel's State of the Union, or Fox Business. Stossel had the best speech of the night!

Sentient Void
01-26-2011, 12:06 AM
Anyone know where I can find the whole episode from start to finish? FoxBusiness only has some clips from it... :-(

PermanentSleep
01-26-2011, 09:35 AM
I think this is the transcript.

http://townhall.com/columnists/JohnStossel/2011/01/26/my_state_of_the_union_address/page/1

driller80545
01-26-2011, 10:19 AM
Notice how the Cato guy talks to people in very simple terms while Ron goes right over their heads. A common problem with him.

TheDriver
01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
Notice how the Cato guy talks to people in very simple terms while Ron goes right over their heads. A common problem with him.

Not just over their heads, but somewhat incoherent rambling, IMO. I was thinking maybe it was past Ron's bed time or something. He needs to tighten up his talking points if he wants to get over 10% of the vote.

Liberty_Mike
01-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Anyone have the Johnson clip?

ctiger2
01-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Not a fan of Stossel as a host. I like him much better when he used to do those short documentaries for 60min or whatever...

torchbearer
01-26-2011, 12:44 PM
I wish MoxNews would post Stossel's State of the Union, or Fox Business. Stossel had the best speech of the night!

tube?

kahless
01-26-2011, 12:51 PM
Anyone have the Johnson clip?

Here is the Stossel clip.
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4510886/do-politicians-ever-actually-cut-spending/

Not happy with Johnson's solution to social security in this clip. I want the money I paid into it. Don't steal the money from me my entire life and then deny me the benefit by raising the age to 84. Fund it by cutting military spending, Department of Education and slashing HHS. Also, keep the SS money separate where it cannot be robbed for other things. If you are not going to do that then abolish it and pay us back the money we put into it.

Acala
01-26-2011, 12:58 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4510886/do-politicians-ever-actually-cut-spending/?playlist_id=87530

Not happy with Johnson's solution to social security in this clip. I want the money I paid into it. Don't steal the money from me my entire life and then deny me the benefit by raising the age to 84. Fund it by cutting military spending, Department of Education and slashing HHS. Also, keep the SS money separate where it cannot be robbed for other things. If you are not going to do that then abolish it and pay us back the money we put into it.

I want all the income tax I paid back too! And the sales tax! And the property tax! It was ALL stolen and all supported by lies and broken promises. Why is SS different?

Travlyr
01-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Certainly, if people want polished, pretty and eloquent leaders, then people in the prime of their life can pull that off better than later in life, but if consistency, wisdom, and smaller less intrusive government is your goal, then there is no better advocate than Dr. Ron Paul.

Here are a few (not exact quotes) statements from the interview.
Ron Paul,

I don't think they are talking about the right thing. We have to ask what should the role of government be in a free society? That is if we want to live in a free society."

If you are a true humanitarian, you have to be a libertarian; you have to believe in liberty, freedom, the markets, and property rights..."
Stossel - "Congessman Paul, what would you have liked him to say?"
Ron Paul,

I would like them to change the foreign policy and say that we are no longer going to be the policemen of the world and bring all our troops home from around the world."

I would like to say that we don't need a welfare state; that the people will be taken care of better in a different manner in free markets.

But I also would have listed the number of departments that we would get rid of. And I would give you about eight pretty easily. ... Education, Energy, Agriculture, Homeland Security, Health & Human Services, Commerce, would be a good start."

But the other thing I would have said is, I would get rid of the great facilitator, and the great facilitator is the Federal Reserve. The Federal Reserve always blames congress for running up the debts and causing all our problems, but if you didn't have a central bank creating money out-of-thin-air to buy debt, this would be a different world. You have to get rid of that if you want to shrink the size of government.

All wars and welfare is paid for, essentially in all countries, is paid for through inflation and the destruction of the currency.

And how many times have you been told that we are putting our debt off for future generations to pay for it? Seriously. The wars and welfare are costing us daily. Putting debt off for future generations to pay is the great lie of our time. The price of the wars and welfare come out of our pockets real-time and has for the last 50 years in lost wealth. /rant.

More Ron Paul,

If you just got rid of the fact that the Fed couldn't buy debt, you would shrink, or really impede, the growth of government; that would change life for all of us for the better.

Stripping the power to counterfeit money from the ruling cabal should be the goal of anyone who wants to live a free life. End The Fed and all central banking. It is not a pipe dream. We have the opportunity to do it now. We just need the will to do it.

kahless
01-26-2011, 01:03 PM
I want all the income tax I paid back too! And the sales tax! And the property tax! It was ALL stolen and all supported by lies and broken promises. Why is SS different?

To state the obvious, SS is different since you pay in with the promise of getting some of it back in your retirement years. Johnson sounds like he would have us pay into it with little to no chance of getting this money back.

Vessol
01-26-2011, 01:07 PM
As cruel as it sounds. You're not going to get a single dime back of what has been stolen from you. It's just not going to happen as it's all gone. I say it'd be better to just abolish it so the theft stops ASAP.

low preference guy
01-26-2011, 01:12 PM
Not happy with Johnson's solution to social security in this clip. I want the money I paid into it. Don't steal the money from me my entire life and then deny me the benefit by raising the age to 84.

Johnson won't steal your money. It was stolen a long time ago to fund, among other things, sociology degrees that cost $200k. The money is gone.

Acala
01-26-2011, 01:17 PM
To state the obvious, SS is different since you pay in with the promise of getting some of it back in your retirement years. Johnson sounds like he would have us pay into it with little to no chance of getting this money back.

Hahahahaha! You paid in and they spent "it". Just like any other tax. The promise of getting "it" back was a lie to begin with. They never promised that you would get back what you paid in. In fact, that was impossible from the start since "it" was spent. All they promised was that at a later date they would steal money from someone else and give it to you. That is the same promise they ALWAYS make. "We are going to steal someone else's money and give it to you." You have no legally cognizable right to a penny from SS. People with a "claim" for their SS money are no different than any of the other millions who claim the government should be giving them something that is not the government's to give.

And you don't have a moral right to SS benefits because you knew it was a Ponsi scheme to begin with. Just because you get screwed in a Ponsi scheme doesn't give you the moral right to use force to make other people suffer YOUR damages.

And, by the way, I think I can say that I have probably paid in as much or more than you - and I fully expect to be paid nothing for it.

Now, I DO think that people who are already living off of, and dependant on, their SS benefits should not be cut off. That is simple humanity.

Matt Collins
01-26-2011, 01:39 PM
http://video.foxnews.com/v/4510886/do-politicians-ever-actually-cut-spending/?playlist_id=87530
Link doesn't work.

Matt Collins
01-26-2011, 01:41 PM
Not a fan of Stossel as a host. I like him much better when he used to do those short documentaries for 60min or whatever...
Yeah I like John, he's a good guy. And I agree, his role as a skeptical reporter is much better in my opinion than as a host.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Matt_and_Stossel_ee.jpg

Matt Collins
01-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Not just over their heads, but somewhat incoherent rambling, IMO. I was thinking maybe it was past Ron's bed time or something. He needs to tighten up his talking points if he wants to get over 10% of the vote.
Yeah I was sadly thinking the same thing. Either he was up later than normal, or he wasn't able to exercise today. :(

kahless
01-26-2011, 01:48 PM
Link doesn't work.

Fixed
http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/4510886/do-politicians-ever-actually-cut-spending/

kahless
01-26-2011, 01:52 PM
Hahahahaha! You paid in and they spent "it". Just like any other tax. The promise of getting "it" back was a lie to begin with. They never promised that you would get back what you paid in. In fact, that was impossible from the start since "it" was spent. All they promised was that at a later date they would steal money from someone else and give it to you. That is the same promise they ALWAYS make. "We are going to steal someone else's money and give it to you." You have no legally cognizable right to a penny from SS. People with a "claim" for their SS money are no different than any of the other millions who claim the government should be giving them something that is not the government's to give.

And you don't have a moral right to SS benefits because you knew it was a Ponsi scheme to begin with. Just because you get screwed in a Ponsi scheme doesn't give you the moral right to use force to make other people suffer YOUR damages.

And, by the way, I think I can say that I have probably paid in as much or more than you - and I fully expect to be paid nothing for it.

Now, I DO think that people who are already living off of, and dependant on, their SS benefits should not be cut off. That is simple humanity.

You do not propose a solution other than defend Johnson in the use of force against us in stealing our money for a lifetime and raising the SS age to 84.

A much better solution would be to privatize with a SS charity and give Americans the option of automatic deduction into it. This would take care of those disabled and dependent on it. Corporations could also donate to it and advertise - compete with other companies that they have done so. You then abolish SS and send a check paying back the amount that was paid in over the years. The money could come from slashing military defense spending, closing bases, ending foreign wars, eliminating the department of education and completely gutting HHS.

I want them to stop stealing my money through force, above is the solution to do so and have the stolen funds returned. I have been paying into it for 27 years and under Johnson's plan he would use force to have me do so for another 39 years, if I live that long.

LibertyRevolution
01-26-2011, 01:58 PM
Well for some strange reason, the episode of stossel that fallowed the SOTU recorded as 1 hour of pure BLACK. Just black and audio hiss...
The freedom watch before the SOTU taped perfectly...
The SOTU kept cutting out to blacked every 5 secs during the recording....
So, 3 hours and 12+GB of worthless recording... I HATE FBN... this is the only channel that pulls this crap, and it only happens when its an important episode.
Its like they broadcast something that makes my cap card wig out...it must be that damn videodrome signal.

AZKing
01-26-2011, 09:15 PM

I'll have to disagree on that. He seemed to speak pretty coherently to me... or maybe I'm just biased :)

Acala
01-27-2011, 09:16 AM
You do not propose a solution other than defend Johnson in the use of force against us in stealing our money for a lifetime and raising the SS age to 84.

I did not intend to support Johnson. I was merely chortling at your rightious demand to get back what was stolen from you even though everyone else in the country has been equally victimized.

As for a solution, here's mine. It is rough and the ages and details need to be fine-tuned by actuaries. This is based on a couple assumptions - everybody must suffer in approximately equal amounts and nobody who has become dependent should starve. So, this is the plan:

1. Everyone under the age of 40 is immediately booted out of the system. No more payments, no more benefits. They have enough time left to provide for themselves.

2. Everyone else is given the option of withdrawing from the system. If they withdraw, no more payments and no more benefits.

3. Everyone over the age of 40 that opts to stay in must present evidence of assets. If their assets are enough to make it probable that they can survive retirement, they get booted as in #1.

4. Everyone over the age of 40 who opts in and shows a lack of assets continues to pay in and can't begin to collect benefits until age 70.

5. All benefits other than retirement are phased out over 5 years.

6. Those who stay in the system and reach the age of 70 get an option of a discounted lump sum payment or the monthly payments until death.

7. People already on the retirement benefit must make a showing of assets as in #3. If they have enough assets to live on, they get booted.

8. The remaining benefits are paid using the payments into the system and the sale of public land.

9. The Constitution is amended to prohibit any scheme like this from ever disgracing our nation again.

All the other cuts in government you mention should also occur.

You then abolish SS and send a check paying back the amount that was paid in over the years. The money could come from slashing military defense spending, closing bases, ending foreign wars, eliminating the department of education and completely gutting HHS.

You can barely balance the budget doing the things you suggest, let alone begin to pay the debt. You sure can't use it to refund all the money that has been stolen by SS.

I want them to stop stealing my money through force, above is the solution to do so and have the stolen funds returned. I have been paying into it for 27 years and under Johnson's plan he would use force to have me do so for another 39 years, if I live that long.

So you want them to stop taking money by force - except taking money by force to pay YOU back? This is exactly why the problem will not be solved and the fires of inflation will burn us all alive. Inflation is the only way to stop taxing but pay everyone who thinks they have a claim to money from the government.

Romulus
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
Stossel makes a horrible devils advocate - he need to learn not to interrupt his guests... he did so every time RP spoke. Annoying!

TheDriver
01-27-2011, 02:04 PM
I'll have to disagree on that. He seemed to speak pretty coherently to me... or maybe I'm just biased :)

Or too biased to be objective.

I maybe one of the few who will say it in public, but several people have agreed with me in private. Don't get me wrong I love Ron, but I'm not above stating the obvious. Boaz had to clean up his mess several times during the show, IMO.

Romulus
01-27-2011, 04:41 PM

Lately he has just been a little off... I think some things are weighing heavily on him and its affecting his focus. Certainly Stossels interruptions didnt help.