PDA

View Full Version : Call your Senators! Another Vote on Amnesty for Illegals!

princessredtights
10-22-2007, 09:30 AM
It's time to put on our "Good Citizen Action Caps" and voice our opinions to our elected officials. Those sneaky pro-Amnesty Senators are trying ONCE AGAIN to push a vote thru Congress to allow Amnesty for illegals (again!) ~ and, if you read the email from NUMBERS USA, they might just do it very quickly!
I am forwarding the email from NUMBERS USA - if you haven't used their website, it's kind of cool! You can actually send faxes to your Senators from their site!

So, roll up your sleeves, make a few calls, use your political muscle and VOICE! You can use the fax services on www.numbersusa.com or go to www.senate.gov and find the phone numbers to your senator!

Here’s a snippet from the email from www.numbersusa.com
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senate Majority Leader Indicates He May Bring Stand-Alone DREAM Amnesty To Vote Later This Week

Here is the scariest news yet:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has invoked Rule 14 on the new stand-alone DREAM Act amnesty!

That means he is setting up Senate procedure to spring the amnesty at any time without hearings or committee action. For the Majority Leader to invoke Rule 14 means that he can bring a bill to a floor without it going through the debate and markup of a committee.

Rosemary Jenks, our NumbersUSA Director of Government Relations, says, "Generally when Rule 14 is invoked, it means the leadership intends to have a vote on the bill in fairly short order."

Under the rule, the amnesty bill (S. 2205) can be brought up as early as Tuesday.

The rule also allows Sen. Reid to wait until our forces are distracted and bring it at any time in the future at the spur of the moment.

So, we need all of you hitting up your Senators' offices all over again starting Monday with phone calls and faxes.

Besides Reid, the chief culprits in this mess are Senate Assistant Majority Leader Durbin (D-Ill.), Sen. Hagel (R-Neb.) and Sen. Lugar (R-Ind.). I hope you will feel free from anywhere in the country to let these four Senators know how you feel about their aggressive leadership to pass this amnesty.

Phone Senate Switchboard
202-224-3121

You can see all the direct Capitol office phone numbers and the numbers for their offices back home at:
www.numbersusa.com/congressinfo/

1. A key thing to say to your two Senators:

S. 2205, the stand-alone version of the DREAM Act, has been placed on the Senate Legislative Calendar under Rule 14 because the Leadership knows that if the bill is out there long enough to go through the normal committee process, Americans will have a chance to express their overwhelming opposition to it and it will fail.

2. A second point to make:

This underhanded attempt to bypass the process and shove this through before the public catches on is shameful and must not be allowed to work.

3. Tell everybody, "NO amnesty!"

Then, if you want to and have time, make a couple of specific points about the DREAM Act that you can find on our website or on Phone Notes on your Action Buffet corkboard.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here’s some quotes from the founding fathers on citizen involvement! I find their words so wise even after all these years!

Cherish, therefore, the spirit of our people, and keep alive their attention. Do not be too severe upon their errors, but reclaim them by enlightening them. If once they become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, Judges, and Governors, shall all become wolves.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787

We must not let our rulers load us with perpetual debt.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Samuel Kercheval, July 12, 1816

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all. I like a little rebellion now and then. It is like a storm in the atmosphere.
Thomas Jefferson, letter to Abigail Adams, February 22, 1787

Here sir, the people govern.
Alexander Hamilton, speech to the New York Ratifying Convention, June 17, 1788

A little matter will move a party, but it must be something great that moves a nation.
Thomas Paine, Rights of Man, 1792

PLEASE REPOST!

Malakai0
10-22-2007, 09:56 AM
And people still insist there is no NAU agenda. Sheep.

Unfortunately both my senators vote yes every time amnesty comes up no matter what I write. I'll do it up though!

princessredtights
10-23-2007, 08:02 AM
the latest from numbers usa = vote will be Wednesday!

I know this isn't specific RP Action but please let's burn up the Senate phone lines!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sen. Reid just filed for cloture to bring AMNESTY to vote on Wednesday -- All must phone Tuesday

This is not a drill. This is the real thing.

A massive amnesty for illegal aliens is probably coming up for a vote Wednesday in the Senate.

Our Capitol Hill Team just contacted me and reported that Senate Majority Leader Reid (D-Nev.) has just filed for "cloture" on S. 2205 (the DREAM Act amnesty).

If Americans don't phone Tuesday until the switchboard shuts down, it looks like we're going to have a brand new amnesty for illegal aliens coming out of the Senate later this week.

PLEASE CALL YOUR TWO SENATORS AND PLEAD THAT THEY VOTE 'NO' ON THE S. 2205 CLOTURE ON WEDNESDAY.

Phone Senate Switchboard
202-224-3121

Sen. Reid is hell-bent on getting this amnesty through the Senate as fast as possible and before we can fully mobilize the country as happened when we defeated his Comprehensive Amnesty bill in June.

Here is something pretty amazing: After the American people overwhelmingly rose up against the big compromise in June that traded an amnesty for some mediocre extra enforcement, Sen. Reid is trying to push through an amnesty WITHOUT ANY ENFORCEMENT MEASURES!

He is using the Rule 14 that I told you about last night to avoid any committee debate, hearings or deliberations. Filing for cloture means that he can bring the amnesty up on Wednesday.

The first vote will be on whether to allow the amnesty to come to the Senate floor for full debate and eventual vote. If we can hold the YES votes below 60, we can stop the bill in its tracks. We need 41 NO votes to guarantee killing it.

You can see all the direct Capitol office phone numbers and the numbers for their offices back home at:
www.numbersusa.com/congressinfo/

You must emphasize to your Senators that a YES vote on cloture will be interpreted by all of us as a vote for rewarding millions of illegal aliens with amnesty.

dsentell
10-23-2007, 08:12 AM
This infuriates me! These people are such sleeze -- the people have repeatedly said NO, NO, NO ...

I have personally spent hours on stopping this amnesty thing. Will it ever die? Guess I have several more hours of work ahead .....

werdd
10-23-2007, 09:20 AM
contacted both of mine, wish i knew how my senators in texas have voted on amnesty so far.

CurtisLow
10-23-2007, 09:41 AM
I thought this was dead?.. Who gave it CPR? crazy...

ConstitutionGal
10-23-2007, 09:42 AM
Even should this pass the Senate, it will never get pass the House.

The big immigration reform groups use every little scare tactic they can to garner more contributions and have been doing it for years. That's why most of the groups that are actually getting things done, albeit mostly on the state level, are the smaller coalitions of state organizations. I know because I've been on the 'inside' of this battle going on 7 years now and help co-found our state-wide organization. The folks heading up the state groups are doing so by being volunteers while the heads of ALL the national groups are pulling down six-figure salaries - now tell me - what would happen to those big salaies should the borders actually get secured and the incentives for the illegals get removed? They'd be out of jobs, that's what. So, tell me now whether you think most (not all) of them REALLY are working to see the mess cleaned up.

Stealth4
10-23-2007, 09:49 AM
Even should this pass the Senate, it will never get pass the House.

The big immigration reform groups use every little scare tactic they can to garner more contributions and have been doing it for years. That's why most of the groups that are actually getting things done, albeit mostly on the state level, are the smaller coalitions of state organizations. I know because I've been on the 'inside' of this battle going on 7 years now and help co-found our state-wide organization. The folks heading up the state groups are doing so by being volunteers while the heads of ALL the national groups are pulling down six-figure salaries - now tell me - what would happen to those big salaies should the borders actually get secured and the incentives for the illegals get removed? They'd be out of jobs, that's what. So, tell me now whether you think most (not all) of them REALLY are working to see the mess cleaned up.

Wow very interesting info - can you provide more? Specifically why it wont get past the house?

ConstitutionGal
10-23-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow very interesting info - can you provide more? Specifically why it wont get past the house?
Remember that it was the House that passed the REAL immigration reform bill in Dec. 2005. They haven't backed off their support of that bill since. Thankfully, the House members are much more accessible to their constituents than are the Senators so it's much easier to hold their feet to the fire. The word I'm getting from the Hill is that the House will stop anything that rewards illegals with anything dead in its tracks. That's why the state groups aren't jumping up and down every time some idiot Senator mentions amnesty or the 'dream act'. We've been watching this particular dog and pony show for years and don't go ballistic just to raise money. Heck, most of the state groups do good just to cover their website hosting fees and printing costs but that's where all the real changes are happening at.